PDA

View Full Version : Tsv

Prudence2
24-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Any more information on the TSV tonight? Still not absolutely sure what it is.:confused::confused:

Jeanette
24-08-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm hoping its not the HOTP one that CSI said

Prudence2
24-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Me too - but I am very suprised that we, for once, don't actually know what it is. I have to watch in case it is Anna Griffin!!

barney
24-08-2008, 07:47 PM

Looks like it might be that one, as it's now showing as £25.41 :mad: :(

Jeanette
24-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Looks like it might be that one, as it's now showing as £25.41 :mad: :(

Thats disappointing! You'd think we'd get something new :(:(

Gilly
24-08-2008, 08:11 PM
http://qvcukmobile.com/(p1nrva55btnlvg55scxevs45)/pd.aspx?__redir=1

Photo of the HOTP kit is now showing on QVC mobile site

G.

sugarplum
24-08-2008, 08:22 PM
I like HOTP but this is nothing new Don 't think I am inspired to buy

Rentochops
24-08-2008, 08:28 PM
I hope it's something different too, going to stay up till 12 - what a treat with no work tomorrow and craft on all evening!

Dips
24-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I agree, ROC, lovely!

Prudence2
24-08-2008, 08:49 PM
If that is it I shall be very disappointed. Just watching C&C and they are showing some lovely sparkly Christmas bits and pieces, especially vellum and various background papers and cards.

Rentochops
24-08-2008, 09:21 PM
If that is it I shall be very disappointed. Just watching C&C and they are showing some lovely sparkly Christmas bits and pieces, especially vellum and various background papers and cards.

Stephanie is buggin me, but they really do have some nice bits and pieces, I like the look of the 4 day deal but it's a bit samey, and not me really.

Prudence2
24-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Today's Special Value

Current on-air item

Watch QVC live

QVC TV Guide

QVC Video Centre
88 Christmas Sheets & 80 Cards with Design Ideas, Brads & Embellishments
88 Christmas Sheets & 80 Cards with Design Ideas, Brads & Embellishments
Today's Special Value Price£25.41 QVC Price£30.75Item Number586926 Availability In stock UK P&P£4.95Overall Rating no ratings

Be the first to write a review.
Write a review
Make up to 80 colourful Christmas cards with this bumper craft kit. It contains everything you need to create shaped, shaker and engineered cards, plus much more. Follow the included guides or simply let your imagination run riot! This comprehensive kit includes 80 white 16.5cm x 12.5cm (6.5" x 5") cards with envelopes, and brads, embellishments and stickers in a wealth of both traditional and modern Christmas designs. Completing the kit are a 20cm x 16cm sheet of clear acetate, a pack of felt shapes, and organza and grosgrain ribbons.

Jeanette
25-08-2008, 05:42 AM
What a shame the TSV is HOTP. I do love HOTP but not this TSV. We've seen most of it before. The cards in the kit are also too small. When are they going to learn to make bigger cards for the UK market?

daydreamer
25-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Not for me, bit cheapy looking :( I am not a lover of HOTP...I know Dawn says they make the cardstock ~light~ so we can add embellishments ect..but I find lots of American cards are this thin paper weight, the card just tipples over if too much is added :confused: also find HOTP paper very dull and flat, boring! (just my opinion) Shame when there are so many beautiful Christmas papers out there, would have liked something more substancial :D

Never mind, will watch and see if something to my liking turns up :p

daydreamer

lovepaperstroking2
25-08-2008, 06:55 AM
I love HOTP but I wont be buying this TSV.There's too much cutting out to do and to be honest I can't cut anything straight at all:D.

Dips
25-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Well, what a disapointment (but I guess not a surprsie) as this is now the thrid year running that we have seen an almost identical kit. I really liked it 2 years ago, I warmed to it last year, mainly because of the stamps that came with it, but this year, I want something new and I have no intention of buying this for a third time. What were QVC thinking of, how absolutely boring!

artysam
25-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Not for me either, have most of this kind of thing in my xmas stash already!!!

sugarplum
25-08-2008, 07:22 AM
I agree that it is very similar to the christmas auto delivery tsv a couple of years ago Was hoping for something a bit more on trend (on trend is that a crafting cliche for our list? )

sheilaj
25-08-2008, 07:24 AM
I got this to top up my HOTP christmas stash but I agree....good value and a nice stash top up but not exciting

Judith
25-08-2008, 07:42 AM
I am not a great fan of HOTP. I agree with daydreamer... the papers are dull,flat and boring.

LorraineJ
25-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Something to hope for being at Warrington in two or three weeks funds permitting.

Winspiration
25-08-2008, 09:23 AM
I do like the look of it, but like others I have the last two years Christmas HOTP (largely intact still :o), so it isn't hard to resist!

There are only a few new bits like the felt snowflakes and the shaped cards, not worth buying the whole kit for, for me anyway.

Ribbons
25-08-2008, 11:09 AM
A really disappointing TSV, I have got so much christmas stash that last year I told myself I wouldn't buy any xmas craft and ended up with the Anna Griffin set - which I never got round to using. So I'm going to try again this year and so far its not been too difficult. :D

Wellington
25-08-2008, 11:40 AM
It's not ugly, just not much fun I suppose. Think it needs a lot of blinging up. I thought about buying it for a few minutes when I was watching the launch thinking it would be nice for all my 'make 'em quick standard' cards, but I have plenty of stash for making up licky sticky cards, so decided no...

Prudence2
25-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Boring, boring, boring - lacking excitment - no bling factor - no wow factor - no easy pay - just who did they think would buy it? Yet again perfect for a beginner. DB actually says the cards are light weight - so I assume that she must have expected a lot of complaints about that. Not a stamp in sight. Just what is there for the money? At least the deal on the 'other channel' has something going for it, and free p&p - they must be laughing all the way to the bank.:mad::mad:

sheilaj
25-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Boring, boring, boring - lacking excitment - no bling factor - no wow factor - no easy pay - just who did they think would buy it? Yet again perfect for a beginner. DB actually says the cards are light weight - so I assume that she must have expected a lot of complaints about that. Not a stamp in sight. Just what is there for the money? At least the deal on the 'other channel' has something going for it, and free p&p - they must be laughing all the way to the bank.:mad::mad:

errr me! :):)

icebubble
25-08-2008, 12:27 PM
Doesn't tempt me at all I'm afraid. Not at all inspiring or exciting. I also think it seems quite expensive for what you are getting. Glad I spent up elsewhere.

Rentochops
25-08-2008, 12:31 PM

...and me - changed my mind, I've not had anything HOTP yet, not bothered about the cards, but the rest of the kit looks interesting to me...

Winspiration
25-08-2008, 12:39 PM
I do find that HOTP papers are great for all sorts of cards, whatever pack they're from.

I bet you'll enjoy the embellies & ribbons too, ROC :)

Prudence2
25-08-2008, 01:05 PM

No offence meant honestly.:eek::eek:

Dips
25-08-2008, 01:52 PM
...and me - changed my mind, I've not had anything HOTP yet, not bothered about the cards, but the rest of the kit looks interesting to me...

If you've not had one of these before, ROC, I'm sure you'll love it. For me, the problem is that it is almost identical to the last two HOTP Christmas kits and I've still not used all of those:rolleyes:

I'm holding out to see what Anna Griffin has to offer and I was thinking, wouldn't it have been great if QVC had had a bit of imagination and offered a scrummy Bo-Bunny TSV - now that would have been something to get excited about, their embellishments are as good, if not better, than HOTP and their papers are far superior. I wouldn't have been able to resist that...

icebubble
25-08-2008, 03:12 PM
That's what I wanted too Dips just something different. Bo Bunny would have been rather yummy!

Phree
25-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Oh well it's nearly September, and the Cosmo Cricket TSV (or allegedly so). Mind you I don't think the alleged CC TSV is my cup of tea either ;)

Anne
25-08-2008, 04:44 PM
This TSV doesn't appeal to me at all. Dull and boring.

sheilaj
26-08-2008, 06:52 AM
No offence meant honestly.:eek::eek:

:D none taken...it would be a sad place if we were all the same

blarf
26-08-2008, 07:29 AM
Wow what a dull craft TSV day, all the shows were boring.

Wellington
26-08-2008, 11:25 AM
DB actually says the cards are light weight - so I assume that she must have expected a lot of complaints about that.

Yes, I think that alone was enough to put me off - flimsy cards. She said they were thin cos you were going to layer more papers on them, but I'd be slightly worried that a couple pieces of paper may not make the card substantial enough to deal with the brads...?

I do find that HOTP papers are great for all sorts of cards, whatever pack they're from.

I bet you'll enjoy the embellies & ribbons too, ROC :)

I like HOTP papers & the embellies looked like fun, it just didn't seem to grab me...