PDA

View Full Version : Craftsuprint and their CraftyBob!

LoobyLou
19-01-2010, 04:54 PM
:mad:

One angry person here. I spent days looking for the blasted Bobpot over on Craftsuprint.

The clues were all indicating Australia, or Australian, so I searched just about everything Australian I could think of INCLUDING ALL THE FOOTBALL SHEETS, and probably a good few hundred other bliddy sheets that I didn't think had to do with Australia. Finally today someone puts us all out of our misery and finds the snivelling little g*t, and where was it....... on a bliddy football sheet but only if you were searching whilst in an Aussie currency.

So search for it in any other currency and you had bleep all chance of finding it.

Yesterday it was intimated you should click on a different flag, so I did just that, but it never occurred to me I had to re-search all those locations I had already looked under, but whilst I had the Aussie currency loaded.

I shall never again go to their website cos honestly what a crock. Talk about unfair................

juliet
19-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Someone from this forum won found a CraftyBob around about Christmas time didn't they? Can't remember who it was now! Winner reveal thyself!!!
Shame you didn't manage this time Looby. :(

Mistyblue
19-01-2010, 08:11 PM
Sherdess won twice, just before and just after Christmas :D

Looby, I did exactly the same, what a waste of time!!

Surely it doesn't need to be that convuluted :mad:

LoobyLou
19-01-2010, 08:19 PM
It's not because I didn't win. Not just sour grapes as it were.

I am happy someone finally put all us searchers our of our misery. What really wound me up was that if you were in any country other than Australia and you were searching, you were never gonna find the dern thing.

Surely the clue should be on a particular sheet in all 4 currencies otherwise it was so unfair, and anyone searching in Oz had an advantage straight away because they would naturally have their own currency loaded on the home page.

Any money you like the winner was Australian, and if not, well then he's either a genius or searched twice as many sheets as the rest of us in which case he really deserved to win.

Mistyblue
19-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Didn't think for one minute that it was sour grapes Looby, to be perfectly honest I was relieved when someone won it, I was spending far too much time looking, fruitlessly as it turned out LOL!! As you say, if the person that won it searched as many items as I did X 2 then more power to his elbow!!

LoobyLou
19-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Exactly Misty. I have learned a lesson though........ no freebie is worth wasting so much of my precious time. Half the time I am semi comatose, a quarter of the time just about upright and the rest completely comatose. I can't afford to spend the precious upright hours glued to a screen desperately searching page after page after page. I would much rather spend that time doing something I enjoy, such as crafting itself.

tru-ella
19-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Sorry for being so thick, but I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a craftybob?

Purplepig
20-01-2010, 12:06 AM
... it's a competition:

http://www.craftsuprint.com/default.cfm?whoiscraftybob

Our member Shepherdess won twice not long ago, that's how I know what a craftybob is!

.... the mind boggles! :D

Purplepig
20-01-2010, 12:14 AM
more info here:

http://www.craftforums.co.uk/main-message-centre/704-crafty-bob-19.html

.... got me interested now! if I remember about it!

Shepherdess
21-01-2010, 02:33 PM
I'm the guilty party who has won twice, after I won on Christmas day I wasn't going to look again for a while but I fell on the ice so had to sit and rest for a few days and thought why not especially as someone else had already won twice. The first time I found him didn't take too long but the second time took me almost 3 days of searching for hours each day. I am so grateful to the site as winning the money allowed me to buy my Craft Robo which I never could have afforded without the win, I'm also going to buy some sheets from the site after all it is only fair to put some of the money back into the site.

Good luck if you're searching for Crafty Bob, I hope you find him.

Purplepig
21-01-2010, 10:14 PM
... had a quick look at two pages and decided it's not for me, I haven't got that much patience anymore. You did so well to do it twice! :D

I hope you've nicknamed your Robo machine "Bob" ;)

Shepherdess
22-01-2010, 02:02 PM
... I hope you've nicknamed your Robo machine "Bob" ;)

Great idea, I hadn't thought about that when I was thinking of a name for him, OH has already named him 'Robocop', so no matter what I try and call him I think he's going to end up still being called 'Robocop'.

Crafting Genie
01-02-2010, 07:27 PM
Hello

Im loving crafty bob, i have spent many an hour searching for him havent found him yet but hoping next time i will, Though it hasent been good for my purse as when im searching i keep finding sheets i like so of course have to buy

So hoping i will find him just so that it covers my credit card, lol

Well done to shepherdess for winiing twice,

I will keep searching you never know i might find him, lol

Genie

3BC
21-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Is anyone else looking for Bob at the moment- I don't think he'll ever be found. :eek:
If he is, I hope it's someone from here. ;)

budgie
22-02-2010, 07:39 AM
Is anyone else looking for Bob at the moment- I don't think he'll ever be found. :eek:
If he is, I hope it's someone from here. ;)

I have better things to do with my time.