PDA

View Full Version : Sizzix.co.uk postage!

Hannah2
03-02-2010, 12:01 PM
:mad:
Just read the sizzix email newsletter and they are increasing their postage from £4.95 to £6.95 !!!!

What is the point of that! Most of the full price items are available elsewhere, sometimes cheaper and with free postage!

Where it will really bother me is on the weekly offers, if you only want one or two of the offer dies it really isnt worth it by the time you factor in the postage. I wrote them a very annoyed email saying that it will encourage people to buy in bulk and sell the extra on ebay and discourage the normal crafter who just wants to buy one or two dies.

I havent had a response yet.

Mothership
03-02-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes I saw that as well and thought of the experience that some people on here had with their sale at the beginning of the year. It's no encouragement to buy from them is it...

Purplepig
03-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Yep noticed that too ... they're not doing themselves any favours are they?

After the new year sale fiasco I would have expected an incentive or two to win back disgruntled customers, not a huge P&P increase!

CraftyRich
03-02-2010, 06:52 PM
That must be some pretty hefty packaging they're using :eek:

You want dies? Come talk to your uncle Rich ;) :p

Hannah2
04-02-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, I had a response but it wasnt a satisfactory one... Just that they could understand but their courier had put the prices up. Doh, dont use the courier!!!!! If they sent things royal mail then they wouldnt have to charge a fortune and if you only bought one die you would only pay a low postage.

I am not bothered about normal priced stuff, I can find that cheaper and with free postage elsewhere, I am peed off about the weekly offers and feel that it only pushes me to buy mulitples of whatever I fancy buying and then selling them off to make back my postage money :rolleyes:

craftycat
05-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Interesting. I haven't had a newsletter since I emailed and complained about the mess they made of their Christmas sale. Poor babies had to suffer the loss of a couple of quid as half my P&P was repaid. I think I will still look at the site but only to make a shopping list for a certain "rich" uncle!!!!

LoobyLou
05-02-2010, 09:02 AM
If all you want is a small die I agree their postage is way OTT, but if you wanted say an alphabet set then it would weigh a lot and cost a lot to send.

I too have not bothered with weekly offers because of the postage. However, they must be shifting them or they would do something about it.

Mothership
06-02-2010, 02:53 PM
I went on a slow boil about this one and emailed them this ...

With reference to your increasing your P&P charges, I understand that this because your couriers have increased their charges to you. I feel that I'd like to bring to your attention my experience of your couriers service.
I ordered from you at the beginning of the year items from your sale and the P&P charge at that time seemed reasonable as I ordered an alphabet set (which you could not supply).

When I phoned enquiring about my order I was told it had been despatched via DHL who would be delivering by van to me. This transpired not to be the case, it was delivered by Royal Mail in a Jiffy Bag bearing the postage paid label of 80pence! £4.15 seems a huge amount to have the items collected from you and then posted.

This surely is not the service that you are now passing on to your customers for such an inflated amount?

I would be interested in your comments regarding the issues raised here.

In anticipation,
:mad:
I'll let you know if I hear anything back

Muffintop
25-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Talking about Sissix and their Christmas sale debacle. :mad: (I ended up with two items which weren't worth the postage but never mind).

I tried to get them through my Bug and couldn't so put them to one side. Found them today because a lovely forum member said which spacers to use (duh). Tried it and it works! Yay. I apologise to the forum member as I can't find the forum which had the answer so cannot give the proper credit but you will know who you are and you have my thanks. :)

Phree
25-02-2010, 07:57 PM
That must be some pretty hefty packaging they're using :eek:

You want dies? Come talk to your uncle Rich ;) :p

LOL, now rich that could be a dangerous alternative - I have peeked and lord knows I would be living on beans on toast for the next 6 months if had given into temptation :p

Muffintop
25-02-2010, 08:00 PM
OMG, I've just had a peek as well. All sorts of die temptations now I know I can use Sissix in my bug. Good job I'm back at work next week between Rich and JSheen my crafting budget for the next 3 months has been well and truly blown! ;)

CraftyRich
25-02-2010, 08:47 PM
LOL, now rich that could be a dangerous alternative - I have peeked and lord knows I would be living on beans on toast for the next 6 months if had given into temptation :p

Mmmmmm, beans :D :D :D

fabyon
25-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Simple use Sizzix website as reference and ask Uncle Rich to get it in for you...win win situation ! LOL

Muffintop
26-02-2010, 07:37 AM
I would not use Sissix site again under any circumstances unless they guaranteed that you would get what you ordered in their sale. :rolleyes:

I will definately use Rich for any Sissix in future.

blarf
26-02-2010, 08:25 AM
It bugs me when direct sellers charge p+p - they're already getting the full price of the item which I'm sure they don't get when they sell it on to a third party - it's just greedy.

Little Jan
26-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I have said on another section that Rich is trouble,:rolleyes: should be up there with the online gambling sites. I found him while looking for my Christmas tree folder last year , and now I'm addicted:D
Boy the weathers windy today wonder if its due to all the beans people are living off now:p

Purplepig
26-02-2010, 12:41 PM
Boy the weathers windy today wonder if its due to all the beans people are living off now:p

Hee hee LJ think you've hit the nail on the head there! :D

(you're on good form today!) ;)

CraftyRich
01-03-2010, 07:34 PM
Hee hee LJ think you've hit the nail on the head there! :D

(you're on good form today!) ;)

Just don't strike any matches in here :eek:

LoobyLou
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Just don't strike any matches in here :eek:

Why Rich, did you f*rt?