PDA

View Full Version : had to resort to violence!

sugarplum
04-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Managed to jam my wizard good and proper I was mucking about trying to cut funky foam but it wasnt cutting cleanly so I tried adding a magnetic mat as asort of extreme shim and of couse it stuck solid. Half and hour of huffing and puffing and it wouldn't budge a millimetre I really thought it was broken so with nothing to lose I took a hammer to it :eek:
Several extremely firm wallops later and the plates moved back enough to allow the rollers to move and release the whole lot. It doesnt seem to be any worse for its beating and I feel wonderful, very relaxed after venting all my frustations with the hammer. Must do it more often

budgie
04-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Managed to jam my wizard good and proper I was mucking about trying to cut funky foam but it wasnt cutting cleanly so I tried adding a magnetic mat as asort of extreme shim and of couse it stuck solid. Half and hour of huffing and puffing and it would budge a millimetre I really thought it was broken so with nothing to lose I took a hammer to it :eek:
Several extremely firm wallops later and the plates moved back enough to allow the rollers to move and release the whole lot. It doesnt seem to be any worse for its beating and I feel wonderful, very relaxed after venting all my frustations with the hammer. Must do it more often

That made me laugh! I have often felt like doing that to computers, but I don't think they would come out as well as your wizard!:eek:

englishminx
04-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Managed to jam my wizard good and proper I was mucking about trying to cut funky foam but it wasnt cutting cleanly so I tried adding a magnetic mat as asort of extreme shim and of couse it stuck solid. Half and hour of huffing and puffing and it would budge a millimetre I really thought it was broken so with nothing to lose I took a hammer to it :eek:

I could almost picture that scene!!! Glad to see it survived

kitty
17-02-2010, 07:08 PM
yep, I killed my die cutter by putting something too fat in, my hubs tried to dismantle it with screwdriver but to no avail, couldn't put it
back together, engineer, huh!

Rainbowwand
17-02-2010, 07:15 PM
yep, I killed my die cutter by putting something too fat in, my hubs tried to dismantle it with screwdriver but to no avail, couldn't put it

oops lol :D

Rentochops
17-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Well you will need to get another one Kitty, I have been horrid to my bug since it spawned a pink sister lol

kitty
18-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Well you will need to get another one Kitty, I have been horrid to my bug since it spawned a pink sister lol

that's tickled me...! I am now a cricut sort of girl! curse you, provocraft...!

Rentochops
18-02-2010, 09:30 PM
that's tickled me...! I am now a cricut sort of girl! curse you, provocraft...!
And that has a pink sister too!

Phree
18-02-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks for sharing the tale sugarplum - it gave me a chuckle imagining you bashing away at your wizard with a hammer and venting all your frustrations!

My freind Jess got a Wizard for Christmas so I shared the post with her - cuz on a serious side it speaks volumns about just how strongly made the Wizard is and I thought she would be interested to hear how yours survived a "viscious attack with a hammer";)

fabyon
18-02-2010, 11:19 PM
And then they don't believe me when I tell people that crafters are fierce ! :D

Millburn
18-02-2010, 11:24 PM
And then they don't believe me when I tell people that crafters are fierce ! :D

lol I have a hammer for my jam making :D

Impossible Princess
19-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Managed to jam my wizard good and proper I was mucking about trying to cut funky foam but it wasnt cutting cleanly so I tried adding a magnetic mat as asort of extreme shim and of couse it stuck solid. Half and hour of huffing and puffing and it wouldn't budge a millimetre I really thought it was broken so with nothing to lose I took a hammer to it :eek:

Oh sp, that is SO funny!!! :D Glad you found it therapeutic and that your wizard survived the hammering!!

Don't you just HATE the way they do that?! No sooner had I bought my cerise tag along than they bring out a baby pink hello kitty one!! :eek: I can't really bear for anything not to be pink, so have been waiting... and waiting... and waiting for them to bring out a baby pink version of the DSi. They always keep the pink card up their sleeves to generate a second wave of revenue!! :rolleyes:

Flowerpot
20-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Oh Sugerplum, I had such a laugh on reading your post, like Phree I to had visions of you brandishing your hammer. :)

sugarplum
20-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Believe me my husband looked very nervous when he saw me walloping my poor old wizard