PDA

View Full Version : POTD - Monday 15th September

barney
04-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Just to let you know there is a Crafters Companion POTD on Monday 15th September.

B x :)

sugarplum
04-09-2008, 07:42 PM
not a crafters companion fan so not for me but thanks for the heads up

Wellington
04-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Cheers Barney :) I don't mind watching a bit of CC; Sara comes up with some nice demos even of you don't like the CD - assuming it's a CD...

nicecupoftea
05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Don't do CDs and don't like Sara either. Sorry to mean on a Friday afternoon but I find her far too cock sure of herself. Hope her sister is on more than she is.

maisie*daisy
05-09-2008, 05:18 PM
but will it be free P&P?........................

crafty anne
06-09-2008, 06:42 AM
I thought I'd seen on another forum that it was a Marsden POTD. Had a quick peek at Marsden's website and it is supposed to be Malcolm Marsden doing the POTD on 15th. I wonder if there are going to be 2 on the same day?

maisie*daisy
06-09-2008, 04:59 PM
is it a whole craft day again?

Lioness
06-09-2008, 06:32 PM
is it a whole craft day again?

I've just checked my EPG and it looks as though it might be. Strangely though craft appears to start at 00:00 on the 15th and end at 20:59 the same day, so not quite a full day.:confused:

I have found in the past that IW don't update their info as regularly as other channels do, so this may change.

Chess
06-09-2008, 07:40 PM
My EPG has a craft day starting next Saturday at 9pm! Are we heading for another boreathon?!?

sugarplum
06-09-2008, 08:56 PM
OK going to sound really thick here but whats EPG?

Lioness
06-09-2008, 09:21 PM

Electronic Programme Guide (I think) Basically it is the TV schedule.

Rentochops
06-09-2008, 09:37 PM
:D:D
My EPG has a craft day starting next Saturday at 9pm! Are we heading for another boreathon?!?

I expect so but my OH is away next weekend and TV craft becomes very attractive in the absence of OH!:D

Also Ideal World have 4 channels now - 3 IW and C&C! Can you imagine if they have craft on all of them!!!!!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
06-09-2008, 09:44 PM
sugarplum its the electronic programe guide

Lioness
07-09-2008, 08:53 AM
[QUOTE=Chess;8204]My EPG has a craft day starting next Saturday at 9pm!/QUOTE]

Mine does too now! Looks like ther are a few 4 day deals again I think

maisie*daisy
08-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm doing a workshop with the Marsdens in Bridlington on Sunday so will see if I can find anything out

chrissie
12-09-2008, 01:57 PM
My friend's just forwarded me an email & it looks as if Sat is the launch of Christmas Cute Companions cd2.
Will try to cut & paste - fingers crossed!

CUTE COMPANION CHRISTMAS LAUNCH
NEW ITEMS INCLUDE
CUTE COMPANION CD Vol 2, DVD and 6 NEW u/mounted rubber stamps!
* * * THEY ARE STUNNING * * *
(Sorry images cannot be shown until the launch see link below)

SPECIAL LAUNCH DEAL ON CREATE AND CRAFT 9pm Sat 13 Sept
CD & DVD OFFER WITH FREE GLAD TIDINGS RUBBER STAMP

£43 worth for just................

Check our price and FREE P&P at the time of the launch Click here

THE OFFER LASTS FOR 24 HOURS ON TV
OUR OFFER WILL BE FOR THE SAME PERIOD
OUR PRICES WILL ALWAYS BE GOOD

WE WILL ALSO HAVE SPECIAL PRICES FOR THE SET OF STAMPS

Jeanette
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
CUTE COMPANION CHRISTMAS LAUNCH
NEW ITEMS INCLUDE
CUTE COMPANION CD Vol 2, DVD and 6 NEW u/mounted rubber stamps!
* * * THEY ARE STUNNING * * *
(Sorry images cannot be shown until the launch see link below)

Snap, I just posted a new thread with the details and there is a video link

chrissie
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Sorry Jeanette, I posted in a hurry as I had to do the school run!
Off to have a look at the video link now - thank you!:)

Rentochops
12-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Snap, I just posted a new thread with the details and there is a video link

oops I've just posted a thread too! LOL

Mary
13-09-2008, 07:14 PM

Electronic Program Guide. Either on a sky box or Freeveiw box.

Rentochops
14-09-2008, 09:36 AM
Did anyone buy the 4 day deal plus the multi-buy stamps set - I did - it was Jayne N - her demos blow me away.

I am quite glad to have the DVD too, I love Jayne!

suetheiron
14-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I bought the 4 day deal - I don't really do 'cute', but these are quite nice. Good that this kit is designed to make cards that take more than 5 mins to pop out and stick together :D

sugarplum
14-09-2008, 09:48 AM
I.m confused, thought the 4 day deal and the stamp sets all sold out last night but switched on this morning and the 4 day deal is still there. Mind you it was Howard last night and the man would confuse the best of us. He was waffling on about buying stamps being similar to buying beef :confused: What planet is he from again

Dips
14-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Did anyone buy the 4 day deal plus the multi-buy stamps set - I did - it was Jayne N - her demos blow me away.

I am quite glad to have the DVD too, I love Jayne!
I love Jayne, too. I'm not that into either medallians or cute mice, but I could listen to and watch Jayne until the cows come home.

I bought the 4 day deal - I don't really do 'cute', but these are quite nice. Good that this kit is designed to make cards that take more than 5 mins to pop out and stick together :D

100% agree, Sue, and especially nice to see cards that aren't just multiple layers of plain and mirror card, stuck together to make cards that appear impressive but aren't actually so (thinking of one "guest" in particular.....):p

Rentochops
14-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I.m confused, thought the 4 day deal and the stamp sets all sold out last night but switched on this morning and the 4 day deal is still there. Mind you it was Howard last night and the man would confuse the best of us. He was waffling on about buying stamps being similar to buying beef :confused: What planet is he from again

The 4 day deal didn't sell out last night, but the multi-buys of the other 5 sets of stamps sold out.

sugarplum
14-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Well Howard did keep saying it was a lot of info to take in and all his twittering was confusing the hell out of me Glad its not sold out as, even though I won't be buying I do like watching Jane demonstrate

Anne
14-09-2008, 01:10 PM
I was getting a bit confuzzled too. There seemed to be lots of variations of the 4 day deal. It doesn't overly concern me though as I don't like it!

Prudence2
14-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I bought the 4 day deal (cd, dvd and stamps) I do have the original stamps and cd. These are some of the most popular cards that I make - everyone seems to love the mice!! I have to admit to prefer these to the messy rabbit stamps.

Wellington
15-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Hurrah!! Too cute for me LOL Watched the launch show on Saturday & wasn't feeling too good anyway - Howard's constant fawning & brown nosing made me feel sick so I turned over - was Last Night At the Proms anyway...

Prudence2
18-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I received my 4 Day deal yesterday. Spent today stamping and painting the mice with watercolour pencils and H2O's. The backing papers on the cd are delightful,totally different from those I would normally use.

I think that the theme papers on the cd would work very well with a lot of different cute stamps.:D

Wellington
19-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Glad you're enjoying your latest purchase Prudence :)

I saw a pre-record on C&C yesterday with Jayne N & Sara Davies which featured the first lot of Cute Companions stamps & CC CD volume 1. Although the stamps are way too cutie for me, I found I was quite interested in the CD, mostly for the patchwork alphabet, but I thought some of the backing papers were fantastic for kids cards. I've been ignoring the more girlie things cos DS hasn't been invited to many of the girls birthdays & the boys parties, but I realised yesterday that I need to think ahead - I suspect DD will be in need of cards for her firiends soon-ish!

Ribbons
19-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, my 4 day deal arrived today minus the c&c club discount - great! Whats the chance of having that refunded? Anyway have sent an e-mail and am hoping for a reply, but it is annoying because I gave them all the correct numbers.......watch this space. :(

chrissie
24-09-2008, 07:40 PM
I received my 4 Day deal yesterday. Spent today stamping and painting the mice with watercolour pencils and H2O's. The backing papers on the cd are delightful,totally different from those I would normally use.

I think that the theme papers on the cd would work very well with a lot of different cute stamps.:D

I didn't go for this, but was very tempted.:o Can someone please put me out of my misery - do the backing papers print out as well as Sarah says they do, regardless of what type of printer you have?
I borrowed a friends "Crafters Companion" cdrom the other month, & whatever I printed looked terrible. Not sure if it's my printer, or has the quality of the artwork has improved since(think it was one of the early cd's).
And what about the colouring in of the mice? Jayne N made it look SO easy, but have a feeling it might not be so easy when it comes to all the shading etc.

Rentochops
24-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I wish mine would turn up:mad:

Chrissie I have 3 CC CD-ROM's and they print out very well.

Prudence2
24-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I didn't go for this, but was very tempted.:o Can someone please put me out of my misery - do the backing papers print out as well as Sarah says they do, regardless of what type of printer you have?
I borrowed a friends "Crafters Companion" cdrom the other month, & whatever I printed looked terrible. Not sure if it's my printer, or has the quality of the artwork has improved since(think it was one of the early cd's).
And what about the colouring in of the mice? Jayne N made it look SO easy, but have a feeling it might not be so easy when it comes to all the shading etc.

I have spent the last 2 days stamping, colouring and cutting out about 40 mice and a lot of lamp posts!!! I have found this very restful and theuraputic. I used pencils and h2o's. I do not pretend to anything like Jayne N talent - but the cards are turning out OK - so I would say go for it. The backing papers and theme papers printed out really well. Really pleaed with mine.:D:D

chrissie
25-09-2008, 08:46 AM
Thank you ROC & Prudence!

Hmmm, wonder if it's my printer then. I tried printing off several things off of my friend's Crafter's Companion cdrm when I borrowed it, & they all turned out "grainy".

I think that you might be a bit modest Prudence! 40 mice in 2 days is really going some, without the lamp posts!!
Think if I get one, I might be better getting the regular Cute Companions one rather than the Christmas version.
Jayne N is on at 11, so will watch then.
ROC, I'm still waiting for some things to be delivered from the 15th too! Hopefully they will turn up soon.
Thank you again.

Anne
25-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Well, my 4 day deal arrived today minus the c&c club discount - great! Whats the chance of having that refunded? Anyway have sent an e-mail and am hoping for a reply, but it is annoying because I gave them all the correct numbers.......watch this space. :(

I'll watch this space, but I won't hold my breath - far too risky when dealing with IW/C&C. Hope you get it resolved quickly Ribbons.

Prudence2
25-09-2008, 06:00 PM
Hmmm, wonder if it's my printer then. I tried printing off several things off of my friend's Crafter's Companion cdrm when I cit, & they all turned out "grainy".

As a suggestion Simply Cards Magazine has a free crafters companion cd in this month plus a selection of their papers free.