PDA

View Full Version : Dry distress ink pads

sheilaj
08-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Hi there, looking for some expertise please. I have 3 distress ink pads, one from the tsv and two others bought very recently from different local shops. All of them seem to be drier than my other ink pads. is this normal?
Its quite hard to get enough ink off them to stamp an image and when I tap the cut and dry distresser thingy from the tsv on them almost nothing comes off the pad, the same if I tap them on my non stick sheet. I've got them stood upside down ATM in case the ink needs to redistribute itself in the pad.
all comments please?
thanks

budgie
08-03-2010, 03:45 PM
You don't need much on the pad to do the distressing. It looks as if there is hardly any there, but it works just fine. I wouldn't store them upside down myself, but don't really know if it would be a problem or not.

When I want to stamp with the distress inks, I do it exactly the same way as any other ink pad. No problems.

sheilaj
08-03-2010, 05:01 PM
I can't get enough off to use with a stamp :(

englishminx
08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
That seems really strange, I have to admit they do seem drier than other inks, and sometimes it doesnt look like there is enough on the stamp, but if your not get clear images, even after stamping, you may have a faulty pad, I have owned loads of distress pads, and I have never come across this problem.

sheilaj
08-03-2010, 06:16 PM
if it was one, I would agree...but three different colours bought from 3 different sources makes me wonder if its me

englishminx
08-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Thats true, do you store them away from radiators??

sheilaj
09-03-2010, 04:13 AM
Yes, they are all also recent purchases

englishminx
09-03-2010, 08:30 AM
Have you tried ringing QVC to see if they have had anybody else ring with this problem, it could be a faulty batch, and if you brought them all roughly the same time, it could be coincidence that you got them all from a faulty batch. But seems extreme.

Do you know any other crafters with any, that you could compare yours to theres, like a craft club?

I have a craft club tonight, and the woman works for a large crafting company, which sell all of the distress inks, I will ask her for you.

Wellington
09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
TBH, I always feel my DI's actually seem wetter than my other inks :cheeky: I sometimes do struggle to get a decent image, but it seems to be more to do with the stamp surface (seems to almost , um, repel the ink,so it's not an even coat) rather than the pads

sheilaj
09-03-2010, 06:35 PM
Its okay...both shops I bought from had the pads displayed upright as it were so you could see the lid vertically. I guess they had been there a while and the ink had resettled. leaving the pads upside down has redistributed the ink and I have functioning pads. Posting the solution in case anyone else has the same prob

JellyBean
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Thanks Sheila. I bought 3 DI's today and one seems drier than the others. I've never used DI's before so wasn't sure whether this was right or not. Will have a go at leaving it upside down for a while. Have been having fun trying them out tonight and loving the restults. Think I might need to get a few more!

budgie
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Glad you got it sorted Sheila!