PDA

View Full Version : Copics Skin Colours

LoobyLou
16-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm really sorry cos I am 100% certain this was asked just a few days ago, but can I ruddy find it.

What colours does anyone who uses copics, use for colouring skin.

sugarplum
16-03-2010, 02:04 PM
EOOOO EOO E11 AND R20 are ones that are often used Looby

LoobyLou
16-03-2010, 02:56 PM
Thanks SP. I am either going mental or there was a post about that on here last week, but can I find it, can I heck as like.

Mistyblue
16-03-2010, 03:38 PM
Thanks SP. I am either going mental or there was a post about that on here last week, but can I find it, can I heck as like.

Nope Looby, you aren't going mental :tongue: T'was me who asked about the colours used in copics for skin colours but it was in a thread about something else! As sometimes happens we tend to wander off on a topic that has nothing to do with the original subject :D Can I just say thank you though for getting the subject up to where it can be readily accessed 'cos I have been looking for the post as well and I couldn't remember where it was either!

LoobyLou
16-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Nope Looby, you aren't going mental :tongue: T'was me who asked about the colours used in copics for skin colours but it was in a thread about something else! As sometimes happens we tend to wander off on a topic that has nothing to do with the original subject :D Can I just say thank you though for getting the subject up to where it can be readily accessed 'cos I have been looking for the post as well and I couldn't remember where it was either!

Just goes to show that sadly the search facility on here is currently pants, as I searched for 'copics, copic, copic markers, skin colours, skin tones, skin colouring' and whilst it did give me a few results, none of them where the right ones. Most peculiar. Thanks for pointing out I hadn't completely lost the plot though. When you search and nothing appears you do wonder if you only dreamed it.

Phree
16-03-2010, 08:36 PM
At the risk of stating the obvious..... what about the official Copic Skin Tones set?

http://www.craftsulove.co.uk/2075552.jpg

LoobyLou
16-03-2010, 09:08 PM
Thanks Phree, I had no idea that there was an 'official' set. I am only just starting out with promarkers, but I find that their skin tones are too dark, doesn't give much scope for shading. Course I could just be doing it all wrong, lol

I shall certainly go check out that link, thanks

sugarplum
16-03-2010, 09:36 PM
Looby I have the copic skin tone set. (bought it to try dipping my toe in the copic range) but I really dont like one of the colours V91 for skin as it is more of a lavender gray colour (its called pale grape) I also dont use the other darker colour (dull ivory ) E43 but I use the remaining 3 EOO,ROO andR20 for most of my skin tones I definately prefer the copic colours and the brush nib to the promarker alternatives although I started out with promarkers I am wanting to buy a copic sketchE000 as you dont seem to be able to get that in the CIAO range. If I had the money I would definately buy more copics but I still love my promarkers too (Guess who just wants everything)

LoobyLou
17-03-2010, 06:45 AM
Looby I have the copic skin tone set. (bought it to try dipping my toe in the copic range) but I really dont like one of the colours V91 for skin as it is more of a lavender gray colour (its called pale grape) I also dont use the other darker colour (dull ivory ) E43 but I use the remaining 3 EOO,ROO andR20 for most of my skin tones I definately prefer the copic colours and the brush nib to the promarker alternatives although I started out with promarkers I am wanting to buy a copic sketchE000 as you dont seem to be able to get that in the CIAO range. If I had the money I would definately buy more copics but I still love my promarkers too (Guess who just wants everything)

We all Do! :mysmilie_483:

I bought a selection of copics a very long time ago now, but I just couldn't get on with them. I found the brush nibs too flexible and they didn't allow me to be precise with where I was aiming the tip as they bent and slid over lines etc. Also they seem to bleed a heck of a lot more than pros do. I shall definitely look out for those skin tones you mention though. Thank you

A while back everyone was talking about copics, but then us Brits being more frugal than the americans started to use the promarkers and whammo before you know it they are de rigueur and part of everyone's craft box.

I recall programmes in the old Alan and Barry days when they had the promarkers on with an airbrush machine. I lusted after them then as the technique with the air brush was amazing.But the mechanical bit itself was so expensive as to put me off of purchasing them, but it certainly caught my eye and made me want them.

I can't believe that CAC cannot get a better bloody price off Letraset than £8.99 for five, 'specially bearing in mind their completely ridiculous postage on top. To think Cowling and Wilcox can do them for £4.95 and £5.95 depending on the colour range is ridiculous.

The best price for singles so far that I have found is Secret Crafter. Sadly she has quite a lot out of stock at the moment, but her price is currently £1.60 each and you just need to spend £5 for free postage. Her copics, for anyone collecting those, is currently £1.99.

Joanne
17-03-2010, 09:10 PM
I just use EOO and R20 must get some other for skin. I never liked the pro marker skin tones just with copic would be a little cheaper. Or should of brought more when I found them at £1.00 lol