PDA

View Full Version : C & C website

Mrs D
26-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I have just joined the C & C club and started to use their website and find it is absolutely shocking. 50% of the time I can't even get into the website and when I do I spend ages looking for products only to find they are 'sold out'. :mad:
Does anyone else think their website is not as professional as it should be for such a big company.
Sorry to rant :o

Dips
26-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh, Mrs D, you're now definitely joining more than one club ;), you're now a fully paid up member of the CAC Non-appreciation society. Their website is shocking and, as it is based entirely in Flash without a plain text alternative, it is also actually illegal:mad:!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
26-06-2008, 07:26 PM
the website is terrible at times

Dips
26-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Hey, SCW, when you finish your course, you could go and sort them out:). How's the studying going?

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Oh, Mrs D, you're now definitely joining more than one club ;), you're now a fully paid up member of the CAC Non-appreciation society. Their website is shocking and, as it is based entirely in Flash without a plain text alternative, it is also actually illegal:mad:!
i never realised it was illegal, i guess noone has reported them then

Wellington
26-06-2008, 07:30 PM
Yes, Mrs D, I'm afraid the C&C website leaves a lot to be desired. Have you tried using the search facility yet? You more or less have no hope unless you have the full item number to hand :mad:

I spent ages the other day trying to find the Keepsake Celebration board, with zero success - then discovered I'd made a note of the item number in my little book several months ago.

I would say, in a very very slight defence of the site {ducks}, that if you've been playing with it this week, particularly during any of the launch shows for the various Deals in Craft Week, then you're always going to come up with a sllllllloooooooooooow response time cos the site just can't deal with that much traffic. In more, um, off peak moments, it's usually OK.

BTW, rant away - there's always someone to listen on CT.com :D

Dips
26-06-2008, 07:45 PM
i never realised it was illegal, i guess noone has reported them then

Yep, they are falling foul of the Disabled Accessibility laws, as a company of their size is deemed to have sufficient resources to be able to provide a site that is accessible to all.

barney
26-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Last night it took me over an hour to order the POTD.

Then when I went into my account, the order is on back order.

It's a joke. :mad:

Mrs D
26-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Well I noticed when I was having a rummage around on the site that one or two odd items popped up in sections that you would never have looked for them in. eg rubber stamps in the paper & card etc. So I imagine it is hard to find anything.
I actually emailed them to complain and I got a response which basically confirmed that if a product is sold out then it is not removed from the website unless it is discontinued but they don't know if they'll every get any more stock :confused:
TBH the response didn't address my queries.

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:00 PM
Yep, they are falling foul of the Disabled Accessibility laws, as a company of their size is deemed to have sufficient resources to be able to provide a site that is accessible to all.
i never realised that, i bet thay konw that too and are just hoping noone complains

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Last night it took me over an hour to order the POTD.

Then when I went into my account, the order is on back order.

It's a joke. :mad:
ive noticed most things go onto back order before turning into dispatched

Wellington
26-06-2008, 08:07 PM
My JS CD was showing back order till Wednesday till it was despatched - & my 2 orders of MM vine embossed different things are still showing as back order. I got a vague idea that back order poss has something to do with the order being passed direct to the supplier (who subsequently confirms when it's been despatched) , rather than them not having enough stock

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:14 PM
ahh but it would be nice if they would actually tell us what back order means!

Rentochops
26-06-2008, 08:19 PM
ahh but it would be nice if they would actually tell us what back order means!

I thought it meant they had stock but it wasn't in their warehouse yet..

von 2
26-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I went into the 'clearance' department today, and like someone else said, all the things worth buying had 'sold out'... Hmmmm. Makes you wonder if they ever had stocks of them in the first place.

Wellington
26-06-2008, 08:21 PM
if you've been playing with it this week, particularly during any of the launch shows for the various Deals in Craft Week, then you're always going to come up with a sllllllloooooooooooow response time cos the site just can't deal with that much traffic.

Speaking of which....sllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww www ATM

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:43 PM
its always slow when i want to see what they have got lol

Chess
26-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Found this on Wikipedia

Backorder is a distribution term that refers to the status of items on a purchase order in the event that some or all of the inventory required to fulfill the order is out of stock.

and this from an online retailer

What is a back order?

If an item is not yet in stock, but we are anticipating further supplies, we can put you onto back order. This means that when your chosen item comes into stock, we will send it on to you.

Does this not go against everything they say about not being able to show things in shows if they don't have them in stock at the time? They certainly make huge dramas about not being able to demo craft stuff if they don't have it in the warehouse.

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 08:59 PM
well found Chess and welcome to the forum.

Wellington
26-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Does this not go against everything they say about not being able to show things in shows if they don't have them in stock at the time? They certainly make huge dramas about not being able to demo craft stuff if they don't have it in the warehouse.

Or in fact still stating that an item is still in stock (all the items I ordered recently took a while longer to 'sell out' after I ordered them...well apart from th new JS CD which I dithered over for ages before deciding to buy it) if it apparently isn't

Jeanette
26-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I think C&C have their own definition of back order!!!! :D

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 09:10 PM
it does seem a tad dodgy to me. If its coming direct for the manufacturer why dont they just tell us that??!!

mrsjovi
26-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Hello everyone

I am a regular reader of the forum so thought I would join you all.

I agree with the C&C website comments. Most of this week I've strugged to get on at all in the evenings. I tried earlier and got on straight away which amazed me. However, I was sat watching the show live when suddenly the TV screen went off and I got a message to the effect "we are currently experiencing high volumes of traffic - please try again later".

They are a nightmare if you change your mind about your order. I phoned up 20 mins after ordering something and cancelled the order and rang for 3 days to get it confirmed and it still arrived.

Lynne

Wellington
26-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Hello everyone

I agree with the C&C website comments. Most of this week I've strugged to get on at all in the evenings. I tried earlier and got on straight away which amazed me. However, I was sat watching the show live when suddenly the TV screen went off and I got a message to the effect "we are currently experiencing high volumes of traffic - please try again later".

They are a nightmare if you change your mind about your order. I phoned up 20 mins after ordering something and cancelled the order and rang for 3 days to get it confirmed and it still arrived.

Lynne

Hello MrsJovi - I see you're from my neck of the woods.

Sometimes it helps to come on here & have a moan - well very slightly helps :D

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Hello everyone

Lynne
Hello and Welcome MrsJovi, if you ever need to vent about yor crafting or find someone tempting you into more craft goodies than you need you have Definatly come to the right place.

mrsjovi
26-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Hiya Wellington

Oh yes :D I'm originally from Bedfordshire but met a scouser and moved here nearly 5 years ago. Sadly he's a blue and I'm a red so it's good fun in this house lol

I haven't found C&C that bad really apart from trying to cancel an order and I received a kit and the A5 cards had bent corners. I just find the website very frustrating to try and get on and as was said earlier in the thread the majority of the nice stuff has sold out already.

Lynne

Wellington
26-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Hiya Wellington

Oh yes :D I'm originally from Bedfordshire but met a scouser and moved here nearly 5 years ago. Sadly he's a blue and I'm a red so it's good fun in this house lol

I haven't found C&C that bad really apart from trying to cancel an order and I received a kit and the A5 cards had bent corners. I just find the website very frustrating to try and get on and as was said earlier in the thread the majority of the nice stuff has sold out already.

Lynne

I have been known as one of the only a few defenders of C&C on here before now LOL I've not had any major probs with them, but I'm sure you've read some scary horror stories on here before now. And we don't mention last year's website re-vamp - can't wait for the next one :eek:

Marzipan
26-06-2008, 09:45 PM
re-vamp what re-vamp???

Phree
26-06-2008, 10:40 PM
There was a thread about the forthcoming revamp on the old forum Marzi.

Welcome Mrsjovi, and I don't recall meeting MrsD before either so welcome also MrsD.

All I can say about the C & C web site is that it is P.A.N.T.S ........ or if you want the full version of that........

Pathetic Appauling Non-Functioning Technology System :D

Marzipan
27-06-2008, 08:18 PM
i was being sarcastic Phree

Wellington
28-06-2008, 09:11 AM
And there goes my email to C&C wanting to know why an order placed 4 days ago is still on Back Order & also politely requesting a definition of 'Back Order'

LoobyLou
28-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Yes, Mrs D, I'm afraid the C&C website leaves a lot to be desired. Have you tried using the search facility yet? You more or less have no hope unless you have the full item number to hand :mad:

Even if you have the blinkin item number the search is still crud. Last time they had free pnp I tried to find the thread that Christine Pinflair demos. I had the number but it kept coming up as no such item number, or whatever the stupid phrase they use is. Finally in desperation I dragged out the old 14 day guide and finding a pinflair show opened it up. There was the thread I had been trying to get, and I clicked on it and ordered it. It's item number was EXACTLY what I had been putting in, but for some reason the search facility just could not find it.

This time around I thought I would see if the Craft Markers were back in stock yet, and keyed in their item number to repeatedly get told the item didn't exist. I tried every known combination of words known to man to describe peel off markers. In the end I rang Ian at Pinflair and ordered from them over the telephone!

LL

Mrs D
28-06-2008, 05:49 PM
I was looking for peel off pens too earlier this week and wanted to take advantage of the free p & p but when I typed 'peel off pens' in search it came up with quite a few good deals, however after clicking on them they were all sold out! ggrrrr. :mad:

Wellington
28-06-2008, 10:05 PM
And there goes my email to C&C wanting to know why an order placed 4 days ago is still on Back Order & also politely requesting a definition of 'Back Order'

No reply to my email - but my order's been despatched...I am so not shocked

jacobsmum
29-06-2008, 03:16 PM
I bought some stuff last time that they had free P&P on 31 May and it came unopened with items missing. It hadn't even been sealed on despatch. I complained and complained and eventually got an email saying the missing item will be with me in 5 to 10 working days. 12 working days later - no item. Then went onto phone them up to hear that paperwork only just been raised for it and was told that it was the operative that I was speaking to who had just raised the paperwork and was informed that I would hear from them in next 3 working days. Switched TV on to hear Dave Bradford say sorry all the Gold Gems have now sold out so no more orders for them. GUESS WHAT - that happens to be the item that they were supposed to be replacing for me and so now I've got an email telling me that the item I ordered is no longer in stock. I Think that it stinks because my order is from one they did not fulfill in May and they've gone and sold them all to orders now received in June.

I WILL NOT BE renewing my membership for the 5th year and certainly will not be having any more stuff from them. I think that the service from C&C is rubbish.

Everytime I make an order from them there is always loads of phone calls and chasing up to get it.

Hope you don't mind me moaning but I do think that people ought to know how rubbish they are.

Rentochops
29-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't apologise Jacobsmum, this is the place to rant about IW/C&C service - it's crap and has been for ages - let's hope it improves when yet again the website is up-graded and the call centre is brought back to the UK..until then steer clear!

jeanfan
29-06-2008, 05:02 PM

I did exactly the same and got this reply

Dear Mrs JEAN THOMPSON,
Thank you for your recent email.

With reference to your order OC20701906 placed on 24/06/2008 for 127288 Cricut Cutting Mat . This order is currently still
within our delivery period of 5 – 10 working days and we would please request that you allow this time for the order to be received

That wasn`t the order I was querying anyway so I have have replied and asked again what back order means.

Marzipan
29-06-2008, 08:20 PM
isnt that just typical of them thought, we have your money and now we dont care

Wellington
29-06-2008, 10:36 PM
I did exactly the same and got this reply

Dear Mrs JEAN THOMPSON,
Thank you for your recent email.

With reference to your order OC20701906 placed on 24/06/2008 for 127288 Cricut Cutting Mat . This order is currently still
within our delivery period of 5 – 10 working days and we would please request that you allow this time for the order to be received

That wasn`t the order I was querying anyway so I have have replied and asked again what back order means.

I've never even had that semi-automated reply this time - but it could be our security settings filtering it out.

I hate that one - I got that a while back when the order status was 'despatch note printed' for several days & sent back an indignant reply which was to the effect of it wouldn't be a problem if it was showing despatched & I didn't want to know about their bliddy despatch note, I wanted my order to actually leave the wearhouse

nannapippin
30-06-2008, 08:36 PM
I am having hassle atm with an order that wasn't available on C&c but was on the tv on both channels, so ordered from IW and requested discount, got a telling off but I think the refund is coming.

What I have done this week is ordered from lots of other sites and saved lots, no p&p and got smaller quantities, which makes me a happy bunny

jacobsmum
03-07-2008, 09:10 PM
Now they've had my money for a month and 4 days and still no sign of the replacement gold gems that was missing from my order in May. Does anyone know who I can make a complaint to because Customer Services are pathetic and keep fobbing me off with "the necessary paperwork has been raised and we will contact you within the next 3 working days"

I've had that email 4 times in the last 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEVER will I make an order from C & C again. If I can't get it anywhere else I'll go without.:mad::mad::mad::mad::

Rentochops
04-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Well get this - my helicopters arrived - but they had next door's address on! I've been with Ideal World for at least 8 years, and at this address just over two.

crafty anne
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I have never had a problem with my orders so once again am in the minority. I have had a quick browse and virtually all my orders are C&C's own stuff, that is it has the C&C brand on it. Perhaps the idea that the suppliers are holding up deliveries might have some truth in it?

Website has been slow though and it is a nuisance that you have to use it to get your 10% discount. They must be selling so much stuff the mind boggles.

Matilda
04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Maybe they are called back orders because you will probaby want to send them back.

LoobyLou
04-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Don't apologise Jacobsmum, this is the place to rant about IW/C&C service - it's crap and has been for ages - let's hope it improves when yet again the website is up-graded and the call centre is brought back to the UK..until then steer clear!

Is this wishful thinking ROC, or are they really bringing the call centre back to the UK?

Looby

Dips
05-07-2008, 06:29 AM
No, they really are bringing their call centre ops back to the UK, plus relaunching their websites (god helpd us).