Anne
15-09-2008, 06:59 PM
This is the official thread for QVC's October craft mini series. :D

Monday 20th October - Victorian & Vintage Papercraft
Tuesday 21st October - Glitz & Bling Crafting Trends
Wednesday 22nd October - Floral Cardmaking Trends
Thursday 23rd October - Monochrome Papercrafting Trends

All at 10.00am.

QVC trying to show how up-to-date they are by putting "trends" at the end of everything. :D

I shall watch the bling and the monochrome - not fussed about the others.

barney
15-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Monday 20th October - Victorian & Vintage Papercraft
Tuesday 21st October - Glitz & Bling Crafting Trends
Wednesday 22nd October - Floral Cardmaking Trends
Thursday 23rd October - Monochrome Papercrafting Trends

All at 10.00am.

QVC trying to show how up-to-date they are by putting "trends" at the end of everything. :D

I shall watch the bling and the monochrome - not fussed about the others.

Thanks Anne. :)

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
15-09-2008, 07:45 PM
oops looks like a double thread as i just posted it before as well lol

Wellington
15-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Thought I was going a bit loopy then LOL Just read SCW's thread :D

CaramelBunny
15-09-2008, 09:22 PM
Thanks Anne & SCW! :) I already know I'm going to end up watching them all... with many cups of tea & lots of chocolate! :D I'm looking forward to it already...

sbroadhurst2003
16-09-2008, 06:48 AM
does that mean friday will be a craft tsv too??

icebubble
16-09-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks should be interesting. Tea and choccie - everyone round to Caramelbunny! :D

Anne
16-09-2008, 09:05 AM
How strange. That week has disappeared from QVC's tv guide on the website now. :confused:

kriskros
16-09-2008, 09:11 AM
my credit is safe that week then, we are away and cannot pick up channel. Pity though as I like the themed shows.

CaramelBunny
16-09-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks should be interesting. Tea and choccie - everyone round to Caramelbunny! :D

...and you'd all be very welcome, if only there were room for guests in amongst all the towering piles of crafting materials! Too many of my chairs have become craft storage. :o

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
16-09-2008, 11:14 AM
sometimes they put the guide up to early and should not of done it oh well lol

Anne
19-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Just bumping this thread up as a reminder of the craft mini series that's on this week. Wonder if SCW's interesting item is due to be in one of these shows?

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
19-10-2008, 02:31 PM
i think it could be in the floral show on wednesday

timberhill
19-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm looking forward to the monochrome show. I love black & white.
Mind I love most craft things lol

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
19-10-2008, 08:33 PM
timberhill did you see the new black and white items in the new item thread

Wellington
19-10-2008, 09:46 PM
I may manage to catch them on the laptop - in theory I'd like to see the bling & the monochrome shows...on the other hand, maybe I shouldn't :rolleyes:

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
19-10-2008, 09:56 PM
maybe you should do both welly lol

Wellington
20-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Oh snotty doodles - I Sky+'d this morning's show (not sure why, Victoriana doesn't usually ring my bell) & when I watched it back this afternoon, the only thing worth having was on waitlist (the marvy heritage ink pads for £12.78 + p&p) :( So I think I'm gonna save lots of money by Sky+ing the shows & watching them while I eat my lunch when DD's gone to school :D

Phree
20-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I forgot this morning, sounds like I didn't miss much - have sky+ed the others. It will be interesting to see if SCW's is right about our bargain item, if he is I wonder if they would accept calls from T-callers who want to say how chuffed they are with the product.... and mention the "super bargain" price they paid.... mwuhahahahahahhaha!

Anne
20-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I've just had a look at the 24 hour product review. Looks like I didn't miss much this morning, but will be tuning in tomorrow.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
20-10-2008, 04:01 PM
I forgot this morning, sounds like I didn't miss much - have sky+ed the others. It will be interesting to see if SCW's is right about our bargain item, if he is I wonder if they would accept calls from T-callers who want to say how chuffed they are with the product.... and mention the "super bargain" price they paid.... mwuhahahahahahhaha!

now i have my "bargain" item i kinda think its more suited to a scrapbookin show as the die cuts are quite big and some are too big for a card

timberhill
20-10-2008, 07:25 PM
But our bargain item is now in the list of products for the craft mini series! The link is on the home page

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
20-10-2008, 07:28 PM
ohh timberhill so it is

timberhill
20-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Wonder how many there are left:D

Jeanette
20-10-2008, 07:38 PM
But our bargain item is now in the list of products for the craft mini series! The link is on the home page

So it is and they've put the price up by 1p!!!!!!:rolleyes: Can't be many left in stock, surely!

debs
21-10-2008, 09:19 AM
haven't seen anything to tempt me so far in the glitz and bling hour, i did like the kanban adhesive stones but i have packs of them in the craft room already, they are fab though if anyone was thinking of buying them

Biddie
21-10-2008, 10:48 AM
I watched the "Glitz & Bling" show this morning which was going to "showcase techniques" (or words to that effect) I have to say I was disappointed. I just thought it was a lazy show-Adhesive Stones (and how to pick one up with a pokey tool-again!) Mirri Card, Glitter Paper....

I know some people are only starting out Cardmaking or Scrapbooking and this show did have the staples but I really thought there might be eg UTEE'ing or even some plain old Heat Embossing-but no :(

It just didn't excite me :(:confused:

EXCITE ME QVC :D

B

LorraineJ
21-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Sounds like I did not miss a lot. I was good and got on with something else that needed doing (I am not normally home on a Tuesday), still off to look at the 24 hour review.

Wellington
21-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Watched on the laptop. Not very stunning. As per usual, & agreeing with you Biddie, no actual 'techniques', just lots of glitter paper/stickers & some Kanban kits...And some peel offs...I ain't saying anything :eusa_whistle: (need some more smilies back :D)

Jeanette
21-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I ain't saying anything :eusa_whistle: (need some more smilies back :D)

Here you go Welly http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z307/WildinTheWind_pt_2/Smilies/not-tagged-smiley-13230.gif

Rainbowwand
23-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Have to say that even though i am not normally a kit type person i have really like some of the kits that i have seen this week, especially some of the deco ladies ones, also missed out on a couple of items i might have bought if i hadnt been watching a recording of the shows :(

Anne
23-10-2008, 06:51 PM
I think I'm all Kanban'd out! They do some nice toppers, but we've seen so much of it this week, it's all a bit much.

Rainbowwand
23-10-2008, 07:00 PM
I think I'm all Kanban'd out! They do some nice toppers, but we've seen so much of it this week, it's all a bit much.

yes on reflection there has been rather a lot of it, i see she is missing for a while now, not that she is taking things easy she was quick to point out lol

Marzipan
23-10-2008, 07:06 PM
i have to admit i bought something out of the glitz and bling show and i wish it would hurry up and arrive i wanna play lol

Anne
23-10-2008, 07:09 PM
i have to admit i bought something out of the glitz and bling show and i wish it would hurry up and arrive i wanna play lol

Me too Marzi. Must admit to being quite taken with the Kanban sweet sixteen set, but I resisted. I got a set of 12x12 papers in black and pink. It was only after I'd bought them that I realised they were actually quite pricey. :o

Marzipan
23-10-2008, 07:10 PM
i bought the sweet sixteen Anne i managed to resist for about 10 seconds lol

Wellington
23-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Deinitely a tad too much Kanban this week - particularly this morning's monochrome show! It had the floral/butterfly kit that I managed to resist the other week on though. It popped in & out of my basket a few times! I also like those Deco ladies vintage kits in green/blue/pink etc (Back In Stock yesterday). I managed to persuade myself that the kits are too big for the amount of cards I'm making ATM.

LorraineJ
23-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I am wondering whether Dawn has done a deal with Kanban, as so many of the items on the craft shows are Kanban now, either that or QVC have to be one of their biggest customers.

Boris Bear
23-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Me too Marzi. Must admit to being quite taken with the Kanban sweet sixteen set, but I resisted. I got a set of 12x12 papers in black and pink. It was only after I'd bought them that I realised they were actually quite pricey. :o

Those papers were lovely though, I was really tempted.

I liked the monochrome set that included the stamps but I was watching a recording and it had sold out.

Rainbowwand
24-10-2008, 11:00 AM
Those papers were lovely though, I was really tempted.

I liked the monochrome set that included the stamps but I was watching a recording and it had sold out.

That was my problem twice this week, never mind i probably have some other craft stuff i can use lol who am i trying to kid here,

Boris Bear
24-10-2008, 12:36 PM
[/B]

That was my problem twice this week, never mind i probably have some other craft stuff i can use lol who am i trying to kid here,

Same here. I can probably scrape enough together to make a few thousand cards!:D

Rainbowwand
25-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Same here. I can probably scrape enough together to make a few thousand cards!:D

lol very true, still if times get very hard with the credit crunch then at least i will have something to fall back on!! :D