PDA

View Full Version : Help With QuiKutz Silhouette

Karriepie
24-04-2010, 10:37 PM
If anyone has got one of these could you please give me some guidelines as to which blade and speed you use for:
Bazzill card, Scrapbook paper and vellum please.
From the day I bought it as the Tsv I've struggled big time with getting it right on anything other than their own Quikstrips or bog standard paper. My sticky mat has lost its stick so I'm using repositionable spray glue to save buying another mat, and the drop down menu of paper types confuses me no end as its all USA types. All vellum I've tried has either ripped or not cut at all and I know I could get more use out of it if I didn't have to faff about with the settings. :confused2:

Millburn
25-04-2010, 06:21 AM
oh, I've got one, and I love it, pm me towards the end of the week and remind me and I'll play and sort it for you, (It was a hell of a day on friday, after a busy week so the ME is not good) I know what you mean by all american paper types :rolleyes:

Did you know that they've dropped the price for the "patterns" and are doing a freebie every week :up: ?

Dips
25-04-2010, 07:56 AM
I tend to cut heavier weight card most of the time (300gsm) and I use the pink blade and set the paper weight to 90lbs, but here is the key thing for success as far as I am concerned with heavy cardstock, without removing the mat from the machine, I cut the design at least twice (so it goes back over itself for a second cut) and sometimes three times. Since I discovered the double/triple cut technique, I have had no problems with heavy cardstock.

HTH with at least part of your question!

Karriepie
25-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Wow 300gsm? Didn't think it would cut through that, thanks for info, sorry Millburn what's PM? Private message? How do you do that? I have just bought a few more designs and cut a swirly tree quite successfully even though it was awkward lifting it off the mat with my gue on it!! Do you think I should buy a new mat?

Millburn
25-04-2010, 09:23 AM
Karrie, I've put a note on my calander, it's right above my computer so I'll get back to you :D

Dips, thanks, I hadn't thought of cutting it more than once, I'll try that :happy: :up:

jcrulesfootball
25-04-2010, 02:54 PM
hi guys,
your tips are much appreciated for me too guys,
i am too using repositional spray glue aswell for cutting matt and havnt tried cutting twice or more.
the blades seems to lose there sharpness i find.
i from advice keep mine on pink blade for everything i too get confused with paper /card types i find the adhesive card with backing paper seems to work best and yes the strips seem to work best.
ive had some success in other card but not in heavy 300gsm and also wasnt easy on my dcwv all dressed up cardstock but this may be cause my blade needs changing but ive only had it in there a month or so.
where is the best deal on blades?are there blades available that are not official quickutz but are compatible?
lolx