PDA

View Full Version : More advice please

Granny Penny
10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I have now taken my first steps into stamping (have tried to add attachment but not sure if it worked). I decided to do a simple wall hanging using nesties and just the individual girls. I used StazOn, having bought the cleaner for the stamps - thanks for that advice. I went with this as it was the one I had had my success with after much trial and error. This ink seems to work well with water colour pencils but I used Promarkers for the skin tones and this seemed to make the StazOn bleed. Could one of you kind folks give me a bit further information on the different inks?

Thanks for being there - this is a real learning process but I am really enjoying it!

Rainbowwand
10-05-2010, 05:50 PM
How lovely, well done,

have a look at this thread for info on promarkers

http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?6119-Can-lovely-forum-members-post-the-definitive-guide-for-promarkers-and-ink-pads

Granny Penny
10-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks Rainbowwand. That makes me feel less "new" as others have had the same problem. I will try out some of the solutions suggested. The stamping thing is quite weird; I have been crafting for most of my life but never got to grips with it but I seem to be breaking through the "this should be perfect" barrier. These stamps are a delight and I think Jane (Nestorenko) hinted at a CD and possibly stories. I may have jumped to conclusions but there definitely seemed to be more to come.

Rainbowwand
10-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Thanks Rainbowwand. That makes me feel less "new" as others have had the same problem. I will try out some of the solutions suggested. The stamping thing is quite weird; I have been crafting for most of my life but never got to grips with it but I seem to be breaking through the "this should be perfect" barrier. These stamps are a delight and I think Jane (Nestorenko) hinted at a CD and possibly stories. I may have jumped to conclusions but there definitely seemed to be more to come.

You're welcome, :mysmilie_497:i also feel my stamping should be perfect, shame it never is lol

juliet
10-05-2010, 09:36 PM
That is gorgeous gracesgran. SO feminine, beautiful colour tones!

Granny Penny
10-05-2010, 10:32 PM
Thank you Juliet. It's off to Australia to hang on my granddaughter's wall.

tru-ella
10-05-2010, 11:42 PM
its lovely, I always use memento for stamping when using promarkers

I have stamped for years and years, was the first thing I ever learned to do when making cards, but still find it impossible to get a nice image if I think anyone is watching me! My stamped images at craft club are rubbish, my images at home are great.

Millburn
11-05-2010, 06:12 AM
they are lovely, :D

Granny Penny
11-05-2010, 06:34 AM
"its lovely, I always use memento for stamping when using promarkers

I have stamped for years and years, was the first thing I ever learned to do when making cards, but still find it impossible to get a nice image if I think anyone is watching me! My stamped images at craft club are rubbish, my images at home are great. "

Thanks Tru-ella. Memento came up quite a bit in the thread Rainbowwand signposted for me. Does it need to be cleaned off the stamps with a solvent like StazOn or do you just wipe them clean?

I have been really interested in my daughter's teachers training course over the last year. When she was covering Barriers to Learning and the need for perfection came up we both had to laugh, albeit rather wryly, as we realised this may have limited both of us in the past and let's face it - no one does everything perfectly all the time. I have to say a forum like this is incredibly supportive.

Granny Penny
11-05-2010, 06:35 AM
Thank you Millburn

budgie
11-05-2010, 06:46 AM
You can just wash it off or wipe it off Gracesgran. Very easy to clean up.

Pam
11-05-2010, 07:38 AM
Unusual and very pretty Gracesgran

Granny Penny
11-05-2010, 09:09 AM
Thanks Budgie and thank you for the compliment Pam, I'm glad you like it.

LoobyLou
11-05-2010, 10:40 AM
This is lovely I am sure Grace will love it (I presume your Granddaughter is Grace?)

Granny Penny
11-05-2010, 05:27 PM
She is indeed LoobyLou. I do feel she is starting on the right road to crafting. Last September I spent my 60th birthday in Australia with my son, his wife and 18 month old Gracie. My birthday present from Grace was a picture she painted with hand prints and on the back were photo's which did make me laugh. When her mummy had told her this was for Granny Penny's birthday she kissed it so the photos showed her with a very happy grin and paint on her nose chin and cheeks!

LoobyLou
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Penny what a lovely charming story! She sounds a treasure.

Rainbowwand
11-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Aww bless!!