PDA

View Full Version : Sizzix - Wrong Die

CraftyK
21-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Not sure how many of you have ordered direct from Sizzix, but I'm not a happy bunny. I received part of my order, and when I opened it I had been sent the wrong die. All the right numbers where on it but not in the correct order !

Sent an email (which I still haven't had a reply to), so today I telephoned, and was told that they won't send out the correct one until I have sent the one I have back. When I asked about reserving it they told me they couldn't do that - as it is their mistake, I don't think CS are being very helpful.

This is my first order with them, and I think it will probably be my last - will stick to company's I trust in future, whose CS actually try and help the customer.

craftycat
21-05-2010, 01:24 PM
A lot of us on this forum had problems with direct orders in the post Christmas sale. I certainly won't be ordering from them again after my experience. Much easier to find the goods elsewhere.

Country crafts, one of our sponsors, sells a good range if I remember rightly

Lioness
21-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Make sure that they cover the costs of the return postage, as it is their mistake.

CraftyRich
22-05-2010, 09:28 AM
A lot of us on this forum had problems with direct orders in the post Christmas sale. I certainly won't be ordering from them again after my experience. Much easier to find the goods elsewhere.

Country crafts, one of our sponsors, sells a good range if I remember rightly

Indeed we do, thanks craftycat.

Occasionally we have made a mistake on an order, we're only human after all but we normally send out the correct item with a postage paid envelope to return the other one.

CraftyK
22-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Rich, I received my order from you this week within two days - unfortunately this die is for a friend's birthday and you didn't have it.

I have no problem with genuine mistakes - but I do think three days (so far) with no reply to my email, plus the cost of phoning them, to be told that they won't send the correct item until they receive the original one back, and I have to hope it is still in stock, is a bit rich (pardon the pun) !

Summer
22-05-2010, 10:53 AM
Not sure how many of you have ordered direct from Sizzix, but I'm not a happy bunny. I received part of my order, and when I opened it I had been sent the wrong die. All the right numbers where on it but not in the correct order !

Sent an email (which I still haven't had a reply to), so today I telephoned, and was told that they won't send out the correct one until I have sent the one I have back. When I asked about reserving it they told me they couldn't do that - as it is their mistake, I don't think CS are being very helpful.

This is my first order with them, and I think it will probably be my last - will stick to company's I trust in future, whose CS actually try and help the customer.

I have mixed feelings about sissix ATM. I have recently bought the Big shot, and have made two orders with Sissix direct for dies as they have a sale on. I ordered quite a few dies (eeek about 20) to try and build up a qty as I didn't have any. At £3.50 the border strips were just too good an offer to miss as they are normally £10 - £12. Both orders were received promptly within a day or so of placing the order. BUT on the first there was a die missing and on the second the wrong one was sent. I emailed and received a reply the next day about the first problem, and I rang them about the second. I insisted they send out the correct die straight away, but they have said I will be invoiced for it if i don't return the incorrect item. Well, obviously I will return the item, but I am a bit nervous about that but I think that would be QVCs policy ie to send out a returns label. So if this all happens i will be quite pleased as I have a nice collection of dies, and saved quite a large amount....... but we will see.

I would say they might save quite a few problems with picking mistakes in their warehouse if they just increased the font size of the product codes on their delivery notes. I know my eyesight has deteriorated badly over the last 12 mths, but I had trouble reading the numbers on the slip.

...Nb I will be ordering my new dies from Rich of course

CraftyK
24-05-2010, 01:38 PM
UPDATE

i have just received an email from Sizzix informing me that three of the four items I ordered are out of stock, and they will refund me for them, not including the postage. The order was placed on the 16 May and it has taken them until today (24th) to let me know.

The fourth die they sent, which was the one that was incorrect

I have finally found a company whose CS makes a cetain shopping channels look efficient !

Needless to say I will NEVER order from them again, and I really cannot believe how this major manufacturer/distributor treats their customers.

BTW - I have telephoned and insisted that they refund the postage costs too.

What a way to run a business. :mysmilie_476:

Summer
24-05-2010, 01:54 PM
I agree craftyK thats really poor. I simply don't understand how you are able to order items thet are out of stock. It looks like I was lucky to get most of the items i ordered, but I now don't have too much confidence receiving the 2 items that are outstanding. Like you I shall be steering clear in future.

craftycat
24-05-2010, 03:07 PM
UPDATE

i have just received an email from Sizzix informing me that three of the four items I ordered are out of stock, and they will refund me for them, not including the postage. The order was placed on the 16 May and it has taken them until today (24th) to let me know.

The fourth die they sent, which was the one that was incorrect

I have finally found a company whose CS makes a cetain shopping channels look efficient !

Needless to say I will NEVER order from them again, and I really cannot believe how this major manufacturer/distributor treats their customers.

BTW - I have telephoned and insisted that they refund the postage costs too.

What a way to run a business. :mysmilie_476:

I complained at Christmas time after the mess they made then. Eventually got part post and packing refunded. I was happy enough with that as did receive part of my order.

Impossible Princess
25-05-2010, 02:33 AM
That's really bad CraftyK, they don't seem to be remotely geared up to dealing with the volume of business they get, especially during busy periods like sales. Who could forget the Christmas debacle?!?! With prices that low, and being the official UK leg of the company, you'd think they'd realise that they are going to get a huge volume of orders, and equip themselves better to deal with it. But, no, they sell all their stock umpteen times over, then slowly... very slowly unravel the mess caused by their inefficiency and start letting all the disappointed customers know that they haven't actually bought that bargainous die they were looking forward to receiving at all!! On one famous occasion they rang me as they didn't know what they'd sent me (always inspires confidence), think that was after the 2008 Christmas sale. Didn't bother last year, appealing as the crazily cheap Hello Kitty dies were, prob wouldn't have got them anyway :dull: xx

Summer
25-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Well in the interests of fair reporting, the update of my experience is that I received promptly today the one alternative die, the replacement for the incorrect die, and the returns label to return the incorrect item. So I am really pleased with the end result, and in my case the mistakes have been corrected quickly and to my satisfaction.

holliecraft
28-05-2010, 12:15 AM
Ordered from Sizzix with trepidation after reading this thread. Have dealt with before without problem and I must say I have been lucky again. Received all of my purchases yesterday and am delighted with the savings that I have made. It is a pity that they can't get it right for everyone.

www.creativityoutlet.blogspot.com