PDA

View Full Version : Nestabilities/Cuttlebug - interesting technique

pyjama princess
22-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Someone on another forum has posted this You Tube video that I thought some of you may be interested in. I've not posted a video link before so don't know if I've done this right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhlEhaulBIk

JanTheNan
22-05-2010, 10:27 AM
Your link worked perfectly PP.

I have seen this on a different YT video, I think it was a cute character with the head extending above the die cut.

That lady is wearing an enormous (diamond?) rock.

Summer
22-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Your link worked perfectly PP.

I have seen this on a different YT video, I think it was a cute character with the head extending above the die cut.

That lady is wearing an enormous (diamond?) rock.

Didn't spot the rock ... I am always so rubbish at those observasional visual tests - I can walk right past someone I've known for 20 years - no problem lol

Thanks for the link PP

blarf
22-05-2010, 11:42 AM
WOW that was cool - thanks PP - I never cease to be amazed at the range of techniques you can use with spellbinders.

Shoequeen
22-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the link - never seen this techniqure before. Think I will have play and see what I can come up with!

LoobyLou
22-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Thanks for sharing PP. That woman is a genius, what a brilliant idea! I get fed up of having to use the next size up nestie, often leaving me with no larger one for matting because it just pokes past the edge of the die I have chosen. Assuming I can get it right, that would solve that problem.

This tip gets a 10/10 :up: from me!

kitten_with_claws
22-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Thanks for posting that PP, not seen that video before - I love all the Gina K 'how to' videos though, I find them really easy to follow & she explains everything very simply & logically! Also, because the filming & angles are so well done & thought out, I can also see them reasonably well, which I can't do with a lot of other ones! lol :up:

Victoria
22-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Great link. Thank you PP. I would never have thought of that.

budgie
22-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks PP. That is a fantastic technique!

kitten_with_claws
22-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Great link. Thank you PP. I would never have thought of that.

I think it's one of those things that are so marvellously simple & obvious that when you see it, you can't hep but wonder why you didn't think of it yourself.......? lol

craftycat
22-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Lovely technique and so easy! would never have thought of it myself but will have a go now.

JellyBean
22-05-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks for posting, thats a great technique! Will have to have a go too.

Granny Penny
22-05-2010, 07:58 PM
That is sooo clever - thank you so much for the link.

sugarplum
22-05-2010, 09:02 PM
thats what I did in my birthday swap card (http://sugarplumdoodles.blogspot.com/2010/05/gotta-dance.html)for Milburn and there was me thinking I was being all original lol I love the impression it gives really makes the image pop out of the card I think

murchison
22-05-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow that was great big thank you

sugarplum
22-05-2010, 10:44 PM
Wow that was great big thank you

Not quite sure what to make of your remark. I was merely laughing at myself thinking that I had done something original (which as usual I hadn't) and saying how much I like the technique.I posted the link in case anyone wanted to see the technique used. My thanks for actually given under the original post

Impossible Princess
23-05-2010, 02:27 AM
That's really clever, I'd have never thought of that. Thanks for posting :up: xx

LoobyLou
23-05-2010, 08:27 AM
Now either she copied you SP or you are psychic and knew that this technique was about to be featured! In any event having gone and looked on your blog as opposed to amongst all the other cards on here, it's obvious you did that! Was it more difficult sliding the frame around the KK stamp in two places?

I did put a post on your blog and asked you which die it was you used as well, in case you haven't looked in there today.

pyjama princess
23-05-2010, 09:55 AM
Not quite sure what to make of your remark. I was merely laughing at myself thinking that I had done something original (which as usual I hadn't) and saying how much I like the technique.I posted the link in case anyone wanted to see the technique used. My thanks for actually given under the original post

I may be wrong here sugarplum but I think Murchison's post was for me. If I'm right then it just goes to show how the written word can be misunderstood LOL!

Love the card, by the way, and yes you have managed to make the image 'pop'. She really seems to be dancing right off the card.

sugarplum
23-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I may be wrong here sugarplum but I think Murchison's post was for me. If I'm right then it just goes to show how the written word can be misunderstood LOL!

You may be right PJP Perhaps I mistakenly took it to refer to my post as is came right after it If I misunderstood then I'm sorry:mysmilie_465:

Now either she copied you SP or you are psychic and knew that this technique was about to be featured! In any event having gone and looked on your blog as opposed to amongst all the other cards on here, it's obvious you did that! Was it more difficult sliding the frame around the KK stamp in two places?

I did put a post on your blog and asked you which die it was you used as well, in case you haven't looked in there today.

I actually cut the KK stamp once in white after cutting round the feather, foot and dress and pulling those infront of the die then trimmed of most of the outer part of the diecut so I could stick it behind a second frame cut in black and just eased the foot , feather and dress over the front The frame is a spellbinders classic frames set and is one of my favourites
Thanks once again for the link PJP

fabyon
23-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks for sharing that, I had a ' ah ah ' moment there. There's so much to learn !

blarf
23-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I've done similar techniques before but never with the nesties, I end up cutting it as a mat but not all the way round then cutting the pokey out bit and rounding the edges of the mat - generally lots of faffing. This looks much easier and more diverse - can do it with all shapes and scallops etc.

Mothership
23-05-2010, 05:00 PM
This is such a useful way to adapt for designs which are really that bit too large for the die, I use it a lot.

Another I'll use and here comes the ramble cos I can't find an example anyway on the web... I'll cut a strip, rectangle or square and put one end under the cutter on the die and keep the rest above the cutting area. It's a bit random but can be interesting

janeyspots
24-05-2010, 10:43 AM
I'm a newbie Cuttlebuggie...so any great tutorials like this are V. Welcome - thank you!!:sun: