PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know.....

Princess4Wiz
13-06-2010, 12:16 AM
..... where I can buy a greyhound rubber stamp?

My passion is for the rehoming and care of these beautiful (and very misunderstood) dogs (we own two retired greys, a dog, called Blondie, age 8, and a bitch, called Tania, age 6), and all the cards I make I sell for our local branch of The Retired Greyhound Trust. It would be so wonderful if I could make some cards depicting greyhounds to sell.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards,
Beth.

juliet
13-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Princess is this site any good for you?
http://www.dogrubberstamps.com/_providers/212/
If you put 'greyhound' in the search then click 'more' on each item it seems to come up with quite a few images.
Hope this is of some help.

englishminx
13-06-2010, 11:29 AM
Creative expressions also have a greyhound rubber stamp.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Greyhound-Unmounted-Clear-Polymer-Stamp-/250638588693?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item3a5b395b15

Also an ebay buy it now stamp, not sure of the quality

Princess4Wiz
13-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Thank you both Juliet and Englishminx :rock:

I have previously found some rubber stamps on an American website, but nothing in the UK, so these links are very helpful.

Kind regards,
Beth.

Shepherdess
13-06-2010, 11:20 PM
I've bought from http://www.dogrubberstamps.com/_providers/212/ and their delivery is very quick, don't buy their 'Embossing kit' though, I made the mistake of buying it when I first started card making and the silver embossing powder is awful, it's not silver it's a very dull grey and not shiny at all, the gold and clear powders are great though, in fact I'm still using them, I might try mixing some mica powder into the silver/grey powder and see if that makes it any better.

Shepherdess
13-06-2010, 11:24 PM
How odd my post about http://www.dogrubberstamps.com/_providers/212/ has been put in the wrong place, it's been stuck in further up instead of after Princess4Wiz's post.

Even more odd, I've just come back on and my posts have now been moved to the right place, think there are gremlins at work.

Princess4Wiz
16-06-2010, 08:19 PM
How odd my post about http://www.dogrubberstamps.com/_providers/212/ has been put in the wrong place, it's been stuck in further up instead of after Princess4Wiz's post.

Even more odd, I've just come back on and my posts have now been moved to the right place, think there are gremlins at work.

Thank you so much, Shepherdess!

I've finally found the perfect greyhound for me to use on one of Sheena's stamp sets she was demonstrating on C&C yesterday!

How strange that only a couple of days after I asked about it they should appear as if by magic :rock:

I'm a very happy bunny.

Kind regards,
Beth.

P.S. Your German Shepherds are totally adorable!

Little Jan
17-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Glad you found your stamp and can put it towards a worthy cause,
We have a lot of rehomed greyhounds here, one lady has 5 and is always in town out side the local starbucks, she has 4 at her feet and one on her lap LOL, this poor little one has only stubs for ears.
She said that it is quite common that after a few years when they are no longer any use for racing the owners will dock the ears to remove the owners details that are marked there.This little fellow was found in a sack in ditch., he was only 2 , she assumed that he was not up to scracth, and it was cheaper and easier to just dump him. I always thought they needed a lot of exercise but she said that they prefer a nice slow plod so are great dogs for older people, and they have a very gentle temprement. I would be tempted to rehome one but I am afraid that hubbie would want to keep feeding it.Already had to put Ruby on diet because evrytime we are not looking he's feeding her.

Princess4Wiz
17-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Glad you found your stamp and can put it towards a worthy cause,
We have a lot of rehomed greyhounds here, one lady has 5 and is always in town out side the local starbucks, she has 4 at her feet and one on her lap LOL, this poor little one has only stubs for ears.
She said that it is quite common that after a few years when they are no longer any use for racing the owners will dock the ears to remove the owners details that are marked there.This little fellow was found in a sack in ditch., he was only 2 , she assumed that he was not up to scracth, and it was cheaper and easier to just dump him. I always thought they needed a lot of exercise but she said that they prefer a nice slow plod so are great dogs for older people, and they have a very gentle temprement. I would be tempted to rehome one but I am afraid that hubbie would want to keep feeding it.Already had to put Ruby on diet because evrytime we are not looking he's feeding her.

Hi Jan :wave:

We have two retired greys and they are totally adorable! Blondie (dog aged 8) and Tania (bitch aged 6). I dare not start ranting about the way some of these beautiful dogs are treated once they are no longer making money for unscrupulous owners! Our two were lucky. They have their ears intact and were taken care of by our local branch of the Retired Greyhound Trust until we adopted them. The RGT is a charity who are grossly underfunded by the greyhound racing industry and therefore cannot protect as many of the dogs as they would like. I have heard about dogs having their ears cut off (so that they cannot be identified by the tattoos that all greyhounds are marked with) and abandoned, some dogs are simply whacked on the head with a spade and buried somewhere (a very well documented case in Seaham County Durham in 2006 involved a builders merchant being paid to 'dispose' of up to 10,000 greyhounds over a period of 15 years simply because they were no longer of use to their so-called owners) and much more revolting stuff that I won't go into. Annette Crosby is a champion for the protection of greyhounds and is supported by many other famous names in the fight to get the greyhound industry to take responsibility for the dogs they breed to make them money!

My Mum, who lives with us, will be 90 years old in October and they are her companions during the day. They are gentle and very loving and she adores them! We take ours for a short (20 minute) walk each day and that's all they need. The rest of the time they are sprawled out on one of the many duvets scattered around our house looking like two small ponies! They are known as 40 mile an hour couch potatoes, and that describes them perfectly! Can you tell how much I adore these dogs?!!!!!

Anyway, I'll climb down off my soap box before I get into full flight and say that I am delighted that I found that greyhound stamp. I intend to make as many cards as I can with it and sell them all in aid of the RGT. Most of the cards I sell are for the charity anyway, apart from ones for friends and family.

I would encourage anyone to consider a retired greyhound if they are looking for a dog. I would also encourage people to get them from a branch of the RGT as they are the experts on this breed and can advise and guide prospective owners as to what is best for the dogs.

Hugs,
Beth.