PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Card

Princess4Wiz
19-06-2010, 01:52 PM
I'm not too good at rubber stamping, but wanted to make a Father's Day card for my DH from our two doggies LOL

The background is from a Cute Companions CD and the man is a Flippin Men Stamp and the greyhounds are one of Sheena's stamps. They are coloured with Promarkers. I had to scan the images of the dogs after I'd stamped them because they were too large for the card! Thank goodness for graphics programs!

Anyway, I'm very pleased with the result and wanted to share it with you all. Sorry for the poor quality image. I'm not too good at taking photos either! :doh: :blush:

Kind regards,
Beth.

icebubble
19-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Beth,

That's a lovely and very personal card for your DH and I'm sure he will be really pleased with it. I think your stamping is really good and your colouring. You should be very pleased with your card. x

LoobyLou
19-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Beth this card is gorgeous......... reminds me of that Colin Crompton from the Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club. LOL Now I am showing my age!

Little Jan
19-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Beth this card is gorgeous......... reminds me of that Colin Crompton from the Wheel Tappers and Shunters Social Club. LOL Now I am showing my age!

Oh my god I remember that show when I was a kid, My cousin Steven wearing his dads cap shounting out all around the room,clanging a spoon in a enamel mug LOL

Little Jan
19-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Lovely card Beth, thats what's so great about making cards you can make a card that is personal to that person.

Princess4Wiz
19-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Beth,

That's a lovely and very personal card for your DH and I'm sure he will be really pleased with it. I think your stamping is really good and your colouring. You should be very pleased with your card. x

Thank you very much Icebubble :happy:

I'm very pleased with the way it turned out and I'm sure Tony (my DH) will be chuffed to death with it. xxx

Princess4Wiz
19-06-2010, 04:10 PM

Oh dear, now I'm showing mine too LoobyLou, cuz I remember watching that prog on the telly!!!

Thank you very much for your kind comments. xxx

Princess4Wiz
19-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Lovely card Beth, thats what's so great about making cards you can make a card that is personal to that person.

Hi Jan!

Yes it is good to be able to personalize cards for friends and family. Tony (my DH) adores our two greys (and his beer LOL) and I'm so happy to be able to make a card specifically with those elements!

I love rubber stamping and figure that the more I practise the better I will become.

Thanks again for your lovely comments. xxx

Millburn
19-06-2010, 04:27 PM
your card made me smile, a big grin :grin:

I too remember the Wheel Tappers and Shunters,

Princess4Wiz
19-06-2010, 04:32 PM
your card made me smile, a big grin :grin:

I too remember the Wheel Tappers and Shunters,

OMG We must be a load of old fogies in this thread then, Milburn :giggle: :giggle:

Glad I made you smile......smiles are good!

Thank you very much. xxx

Summer
19-06-2010, 10:16 PM
Beth, your card is fab. I love the way you have used the different elements to make the perfect card for your DH. Thats what its all about IMO. Great work, I'm sure he'll love it.

juliet
19-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Loving that card princess! Bet DH will be thilled with it! Isn't it great to have a 'vision' of how you want something to be and then have the satsifaction of achieving it?!
Great dogs! Thanks for taking the trouble to post it!

kitten_with_claws
20-06-2010, 12:20 PM
That's really sweet Beth with the greyhounds 'n' all, I bet your DH will love it! That's the pleasure of making your own cards, you can personalise them to your heart's content, which is of course what makes them special! x

Impossible Princess
20-06-2010, 04:38 PM
That's really lovely Beth, really made me smile :happy: There's nothing wrong with your stamping or colouring in, both look very good to me!! :nod: Bet your DH was delighted. I love greyhounds!! xx

budgie
20-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Lovely card Beth!

LorraineJ
20-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Great card. You enjoyed making it and I am sure it was well received, what more could you ask?

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:07 AM
Beth, your card is fab. I love the way you have used the different elements to make the perfect card for your DH. Thats what its all about IMO. Great work, I'm sure he'll love it.

Thank you, Summer.

My DH was thrilled with the card and everyone else who saw it loved it too!

It's always nice when folks appreciate your efforts, isn't it?

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Loving that card princess! Bet DH will be thilled with it! Isn't it great to have a 'vision' of how you want something to be and then have the satsifaction of achieving it?!
Great dogs! Thanks for taking the trouble to post it!

Thank you very much Juliet.

The card turned out exactly as I had visualized it and I was so pleased. My DH loved it, which was very satisfying.

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:10 AM
That's really sweet Beth with the greyhounds 'n' all, I bet your DH will love it! That's the pleasure of making your own cards, you can personalise them to your heart's content, which is of course what makes them special! x

Hi Kitten,

Many thanks for your lovely comments. My DH was delighted with the card and that made me feel very proud.

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:12 AM
That's really lovely Beth, really made me smile :happy: There's nothing wrong with your stamping or colouring in, both look very good to me!! :nod: Bet your DH was delighted. I love greyhounds!! xx

Hi Impossible Princess

Thank you for your kind remarks. I really enjoy stamping and colouring in and I'm sure that the more I practise the better I will become. My DH loved the card, especially with the two greys added. We adore our two retired hounds and they give us so much joy and pleasure. xxx

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Lovely card Beth!

Hi Budgie,

Many thanks for your comment. My DH loved the card. x

Princess4Wiz
21-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Great card. You enjoyed making it and I am sure it was well received, what more could you ask?

Hi Lorraine,

Thank you very much. That's the joy of cardmaking being able to totally personalize them for special people. My DH loved the card. x