PDA

View Full Version : Craft4Charity CD

Humpty
25-09-2008, 11:23 AM
Hope its OK to post this in here, thought it was prob the best section.

The Craft4Charity CD is now for sale, 450 Sheets from 8 different designers and ALL* of the monies raised going to the UK Rett Association.

The designers are Alan and Barry, FeeJ Designs, Jo Price, Funky Hand, Andy Carolan (Cartoonz), Sharon Duncan, Backing Papers for Free and Diane Dorward.

Includes backing papers, inserts, decoupage, pyramid sheets, tbag designs etc etc full details on the site www.craft4charity.co.uk

£14.99 plus £1 P&P in the UK

Also available from FeeJ Designs and Alan and Barrys CRafts

It has now been on sale for 2 weeks and we have already raised over £1700 which is absolutely brilliant.

I'd also like to take the time to thanks the designers who all gave their designs for free.

* All the designs were donated for free and the CD was put together for free as well. The ONLY costs to be deducted are the P&P, duplication costs and paypal fees for those sold on the C4C site. Apart from that ALL the monies will be going direct to the Rett Association.

CaramelBunny
25-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Thanks for posting this, Humpty.

Are you able to tell us a little more about the charity that's being supported, please? It might seem ungracious to ask, but quite a lot of charities spend money on animal testing which is something that some people may wish to avoid supporting.

Humpty
25-09-2008, 12:21 PM
Hi the Charity supports girls / women with Rett syndrome and their families (said to be about 1 in 10,000 females) www.rettsyndrome.org.uk/

pyjama princess
25-09-2008, 12:29 PM
I ordered this from A&B last Sunday when they were promoting it on their web show. Can't wait for it to come.
They had a little girl on the web show who has rett syndrome she's the daughter of 2 of their staff members.

Rentochops
25-09-2008, 12:37 PM
think I'll order a copy, what an excellent idea!

CaramelBunny
25-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Hi the Charity supports girls / women with Rett syndrome and their families (said to be about 1 in 10,000 females) www.rettsyndrome.org.uk/

Um... Sorry about this, but your link shows that they don't just support sufferers & their families, but they do also fund medical research. Generally speaking if a charity doesn't promote that no animals are harmed in the research that they fund then the charity is NOT animal friendly.

If anyone can confirm that the research that they fund doesn't involve animal suffering I'd appreciate it if they could let me know.

(Big apologies in advance to anyone touched by this disease who feels that my animal testing objections are insensitive. My thoughts really do go out to you. I just wish that charities were more open about what exactly is being funded so that we can all make an informed decision about we're personally morally comfortable with.)

Humpty
21-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Just like to say a quick thankyou to everyone who bought the CD, so far it has raised over £3,000 for the charity.

Phree
21-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for posting about this Humpty. As for medical research involving animals, well I think that is a issue we each have to make our own minds up about. I respect your view point Caramel Bunny, but can't say that I agree with it.

missusnobby
21-11-2008, 10:23 PM
Anyone interested in the research being done, if you click on this link:http://www.rettsyndrome.org.uk/treatment_hope.htm
it will tell you about some research, also if you scroll to the bottom of the page, there are two further links

I have posted this purely for info for everyone.

hope this helps Caramel Bunny