PDA

View Full Version : Ribbons brains trust

Wellington
30-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Has anyone got an adhesive they swear by for sticking ribbons? Specially when you've made a bow - I keep using foam pads, but it never seems to be very secure. I worry that silicon/pinflair gel would soak into the ribbon??

Phree
30-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Anita's Tacky PVA does the job for me every time Welly,

CaramelBunny
30-09-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd swear by using double sided sticky tape.:D So much easier than mucking about with wet adhesive! It can't just be any old cheap tape that you'd use for paper though. You need a really strong one, especially if you want to be sticking bows not just putting a line of ribbon down flat.

I found this one on Foilplay. http://www.foilplay.co.uk/default.aspx?item=stix49 You could give that a try...:)

Phree
30-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Oh I agree Caramel Bunny about the ultra sticky DST - I have a roll of the kind that has the red backing layer and it's does have an incredibly strong "stick". But I find the wet glue easier. The Anitas has a fairly fine tip applicator - not as fine as the metal tip on the Art Institute glue, but enough to control it pretty precisely. Its also "thick" enough that it doesnt seem to soak into the ribbon before it actually has a chance to stick the bow to the card IFSWIM.

I did try using the Art Institute Glue but I found it seemed to be absorbed by the ribbon before it could actually stick - it's a really runny glue by comparison to the Tacky kind.

Wellington
30-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I have a roll of the kind that has the red backing layer

...I got that on a multibuy offer from Lakeland (3mm) which I have used to stick ribbon flat before now...

Thanks for the tips ladies. I shall do some glue experiments :) I have the art institute PVA but also a strong tacky PVA as well - not Anita's - can never remember the bliddy brand, but I think I got that from Lakeland too

Eileen2
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
dimond glaze great for sticking 'heavier' items. Have used if for bows and glittery stones.

Wellington
01-10-2008, 03:17 PM
dimond glaze great for sticking 'heavier' items. Have used if for bows and glittery stones.

I keep threatening to get some diamond glaze. I got some Anita's glaze stuff about 12months ago but wasn't overly impressed with the effect at the time.

Methinks I'm overdue a playing session - one where you don't actually make anything, you just practice effects & see what different products will do & how they react with other products. A bit of crafty experimentation :D

'Sept, I'd feel guilty about not making Christmas cards :rolleyes: