PDA

View Full Version : Apologies for not guessing

LoobyLou
29-07-2010, 04:21 PM
Ladies and Gents, I must apologise but I will not be guessing on the SS santa swap. I do hope that none of you are offended, and particularly not Wins, who put so much effort into organising the event, but unless my eyes deceived me or I can't count there are 29 cards in the swap and in order for me to be able to guess in any sensible way I would need to have all 29 cards open at once so I could whip between them and make decisions as to who did what, and my connection is just too slow to allow me to do that.

I am in dire need of a ram boost and until I get it I cannot open so many tabs at once cos Firefox just ups and dies.

I would like to say though that I have found them all a treat for my eyes and have thoroughly enjoyed seeing them all, and would like to thank both Wins and her organisational skills and in particular my own secret santa, who's card I adore.

If you want to shout out when you are done guessing and I can reveal which is mine, please stick it on here.

Julie
29-07-2010, 04:41 PM
I am in exactly the same predicament Looby, in fact any thread with piccies in spells trouble for me at the moment.

I need extra memory too, thought easy peasy then stupidly went on a few forums where people had mucked up their Macs adding extra RAM, so am procrastinating for Britain at the moment !

kitten_with_claws
29-07-2010, 04:53 PM
I tried to memorise them all & then made a list, ticking/circling each card/person as I went until I'd done them all - a moot point however as I'm not expecting to have got a single one right! lol

Princess4Wiz
29-07-2010, 05:01 PM
I tried to memorise them all & then made a list, ticking/circling each card/person as I went until I'd done them all - a moot point however as I'm not expecting to have got a single one right! lol

I can relate to that totally, Kitten!

Sad person that I am who spends her days using spreadsheet after spreadsheet, I created one especially for the card swaps and used that to sort out my guessing!

I seriously doubt I've got any right though :grin:

Winspiration
29-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Would it help if we each uploaded our cards into a single gallery thread for the guessing (i.e. pics only on the thread rather than guesses)? I could do that by linking to the pics, but probably wouldn't be able to do so till Saturday (unless someone can invent a couple more hours in the day for me before then :tongue: )

angela
29-07-2010, 05:43 PM
that sounds better Wins, I've got myself in a right tizzy not knowing who I've guessed on and who I haven't, like the other my lappy is a bit slow and I've had to open each post seperatley to vote, not sure if anyone saw my suggestion although it's probably a naff suggestion was if the person who recieved the card, just guessed who'd made it? probs a daft suggestion.
Looby no offence at all on your not guessing hun.

budgie
29-07-2010, 06:32 PM
I have done some guesses, but I can't remember which ones or who I have already guessed!

Millburn
29-07-2010, 06:42 PM
Sad person that I am who spends her days using spreadsheet after spreadsheet, I created one especially for the card swaps and used that to sort out my guessing!

I've done something similar, so that's two of us :D

I've still some guesses to do (copy of 1st list with those I've guessed removed and the names I haven't put to a card at the end)

But yes a thread with just the pictures and who too would be brilliant :up: thanks

LoobyLou
29-07-2010, 07:00 PM
That would help thanks Wins. I just didn't want anyone to think I was a party pooper because I was not guessing, but what with firefox, a small amount of ram, and the ram in my own brain having been partially switched off I knew there was no point in even starting. Is this the biggest swap we have ever had? I don't recall there being as many participants in previous swaps.

Summer
29-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I think a gallery would be a great idea Wins, if you have the time to organise one. It was quite tricky going back an forth to the different pics (I have a rubbish memory). Also had lots of problems on Monday but that was down to connection issues.

Princess4Wiz's idea of a spreadsheet is a great one, I wish I'd thought of that at the beginning. I did do it in two batches so started of with manual list - well a couple actually, but did a spreadsheet tonight and its much easier. The actual guessing is a different matter though lol