PDA

View Full Version : Tack 'N Peel

Rachel
03-08-2010, 09:24 AM
Does anyone use this for their unmounted rubber stamps? Is it better than the mounting foam like Kling On? Do you have to leave it permanently adhered to an acrylic block? I was thinking of getting some but wasn't sure what the imperssion of the stamped image would be like without the foam cushioning.:thinking: It would certainly work out cheaper than having to buy Kling On all the time. I know DB recommends it. I would appreciate any opinions, thank you.

LoobyLou
03-08-2010, 09:46 AM
I love it Rachel, and if you are not happy with the impression after you have stamped, simply put a mouse mat or something a bit squidgy under your card that you are stamping onto and it has the same effect as a rubber stamp mounted with squish foam cling; only you are stamping into the foam and not above it.

Rachel
03-08-2010, 10:08 AM
Thank you Looby Lou, that's a great idea.

sugarplum
03-08-2010, 10:46 AM
I also use it all the time Rachel for all my u/m rubber stamps I have a pricking mat (dense foam)that i use as a base but often being lazy I just stamp without the mat underneath

Rachel
06-08-2010, 12:03 PM
I've got my Tack n Peel and I think it's great. No problems at all using my stamps.

lee
10-08-2010, 05:44 PM
cheers for this I was thinking about buying some as I am fed up with buying backing makes stamps that more exspensive. Will it wash well and how long does it last?

sugarplum
10-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Well I have had some on a block for several years andit is still going!

lee
10-08-2010, 05:58 PM
cheers sugar plum thats good to know!

lizinbena
14-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Got to ask what is Tack n peel? Haven't come across this before.

Liz

sugarplum
14-08-2010, 02:55 PM
It is this (http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v4506-tsukineko-tack-n-peel/)

lizinbena
14-08-2010, 03:10 PM
Thanks... got a bit confused till I realised I had to click this and not your blog durrrr... but hey ab fab cards.

anolther item to add to my ever growing shopping list for my possible visit to the NEC

Thanks
Liz

lizinbena
14-08-2010, 03:35 PM
Thanks... took me a minute or 2 to realise to click on then and not in your blog... drrrr.. but as I stumbled around in there you got some abfab cards.

I can see that tack-n-peel is another item to add to an ever growing shopping list for my next NEC jaunt.

Liz

sugarplum
14-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Sorry Hun should have made it clearer about the link! Tack n peel is one of my fav products and something I recommend to everyone

Wellington
14-08-2010, 04:07 PM
I think this has been asked before, but do those of you who use TnP have 2 sets of blocks, one with & one without for use with stamps already backed with foam mount of your choice &/or clear stamps??? Can you you use clear stamps on TnP without it all getting a bit messy? I've been growing my PI sheets recently, what with Paula's & DB's etc.

And one last question, how so you store your blocks with TnP on?

sugarplum
14-08-2010, 04:57 PM
errr no Im far too tight for that! I just have one side of the block with the tack n peel (keep the protective plastic cover to put on when not using it) and use the other "bare side" for stamps that already have umount /eazi mount or clear stamps that dont need the tack n peel

LoobyLou
14-08-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm with SP there. I do the same thing with mine.

Wellington
17-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Thanks ladies, obvious now I come to think about it...durrrrrrrrrrrr

kitten_with_claws
17-08-2010, 11:11 AM
I have 4 packs of Tack n Peel sitting in a box, haven't got round to mounting those blinkin' Flowersoft stamps (the ones from Kanban?) onto it yet - will claim it is because fingers have been particularly painful recently (being as it's stinky ol' summer!) but the truth is it is as much to do with being mega lazy.....& being too scared to chop the stamp sheets up in case I make a mess of it.........I think I'll make DH do it......! LOL :blush:

sugarplum
17-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I have 4 packs of Tack n Peel sitting in a box, haven't got round to mounting those blinkin' Flowersoft stamps (the ones from Kanban?) onto it yet - will claim it is because fingers have been particularly painful recently (being as it's stinky ol' summer!) but the truth is it is as much to do with being mega lazy.....& being too scared to chop the stamp sheets up in case I make a mess of it.........I think I'll make DH do it......! LOL :blush:

Kitten the point of Tack n peel is that you DON'T mount the individual stamps You just cut the tack and peel to the size of your acrylic block and stick it to the block then Any stamp can be used with the block Forgive me if I am reading your post wrong but it sounds like you were going to mount each stamp onto some tacknpeel

kitten_with_claws
17-08-2010, 12:16 PM
Kitten the point of Tack n peel is that you DON'T mount the individual stamps You just cut the tack and peel to the size of your acrylic block and stick it to the block then Any stamp can be used with the block Forgive me if I am reading your post wrong but it sounds like you were going to mount each stamp onto some tacknpeel

Sorry SP, please ignore my incoherent babbling - I do know how to use it (honest! lol), just got stressed & confused at the thought of having to cut the stamp sheets up - I hate 'irregular shaped' things/might make a mistake/they might look 'ugly' when I'm done, have been avoiding doing it for weeks now as just can't face the thought of it (OCD completely taken over here! lol).........I am def going to get DH to do it as this is just ridiculous, especially as have just bought several little rubber stamp sheets from JS, so now have to cut those up too.......! :confused2: :doh:

Shepherdess
17-08-2010, 01:33 PM
I used to put all my stamps onto Ez mount but got really fed up of having to cut through this horrible sticky stuff and then having to clean my scissors, at the time the Tack n Peel was out of stock on QVC so I bought some Aleene's Tack it over & over from USA and now paint it on the back of all my unmounted stamps, it's also brilliant for making my Robo carrier sheet sticky again.

Rachel
17-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm loving my tack n peel! If I don't get a good impression I just put an old mousemat under my card and find that really helps with the quality of the impression. I also do this when using clear stamps. I'm not wasting any more money on Kling-On!

vampyre
17-08-2010, 03:27 PM
Sorry SP, please ignore my incoherent babbling - I do know how to use it (honest! lol), just got stressed & confused at the thought of having to cut the stamp sheets up - I hate 'irregular shaped' things/might make a mistake/they might look 'ugly' when I'm done, have been avoiding doing it for weeks now as just can't face the thought of it (OCD completely taken over here! lol).........I am def going to get DH to do it as this is just ridiculous, especially as have just bought several little rubber stamp sheets from JS, so now have to cut those up too.......! :confused2: :doh:

Did he not read the bit in the manual that says running around pandering to another person's ocd'isms is at best very counter productive? Do it yourself woman :muscle:

lee
17-08-2010, 03:56 PM
Well used and great thanks for this forum. I do have a stamp mat so works perfect! Now the £3.50 for umount is a thing of the past!
How do you store stamps though. I have bought zip-around folders from places like WHsmith and been laminating the images then placing my umounted stamps on them. This has been a great way to store the zip around means stamps don't fall out and the D ring type folders hold laminates and stamps.

Any ideas for storage would be helpful?

kitten_with_claws
17-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Did he not read the bit in the manual that says running around pandering to another person's ocd'isms is at best very counter productive? Do it yourself woman :muscle:

You is harsh & cwuel Vampy.......he did come out with his favourite saying of 'don't be so bl**dy wet woman!'........but I know from experience that if I look pathetic/confused/helpless/flap about for long enough, he'll do it without further fuss.......! lol

Oh alright, I'll try.......but if I poop it up & they end up with irregular sticky out bits & not 'perfectly clean' cut edges, I'll (when I've wiped away the snot & tears of frustration!) be coming round to dump them on your doorstep for you to 'tidy up'......! :sweat: :nod:

kitten_with_claws
17-08-2010, 04:15 PM

Looby had a pretty cool system going Lee, see thread here:

http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?5406-My-Stamp-Storage-System

vampyre
17-08-2010, 05:43 PM
You is harsh & cwuel Vampy.......he did come out with his favourite saying of 'don't be so bl**dy wet woman!'........but I know from experience that if I look pathetic/confused/helpless/flap about for long enough, he'll do it without further fuss.......! lol

Oh alright, I'll try.......but if I poop it up & they end up with irregular sticky out bits & not 'perfectly clean' cut edges, I'll (when I've wiped away the snot & tears of frustration!) be coming round to dump them on your doorstep for you to 'tidy up'......! :sweat: :nod:

We would have great fun creating perfect tack n peel mats, stamping, kicking, biting etc:cheeky:
Seriously measure up, use sharp blades then get him to stick them onto the blocks. Huggys for you KWC, I'm not as awful as I seem, I'm just worse really.

LoobyLou
17-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Well used and great thanks for this forum. I do have a stamp mat so works perfect! Now the £3.50 for umount is a thing of the past!
How do you store stamps though. I have bought zip-around folders from places like WHsmith and been laminating the images then placing my umounted stamps on them. This has been a great way to store the zip around means stamps don't fall out and the D ring type folders hold laminates and stamps.

Lee check out this thread of mine.

http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?5406-My-Stamp-Storage-System&highlight=stamps+storage

I find this sytem excellent for storage, it's safe, efficient and takes up so much less room that mounted stamps used to. Best bit you can label each folder in genres or manufacturer and it's a doddle to find things. Used to take me hours of picking through, now I can just flick a couple of pages and find what I am looking for.

lee
18-08-2010, 02:04 PM
:mysmilie_471:thanks kitten with claws and looby loo must check out the sheets!