PDA

View Full Version : Create & Craft BlockBuster - 02/10/08

barney
01-10-2008, 07:30 PM
Just had a look on Sky and C&C have got another POTD tomorrow (02/10).

Also (wait for it - haven't had one for a little while) there is a Craft Day starting on Tuesday 7th and all through Wednesday !!!!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
01-10-2008, 08:16 PM
ohh a blockbuster that was a change of title then as they had a bamix blockbuster and that was a good price for what it is so there may be some hope of it being good

DianaDreads
01-10-2008, 08:28 PM
Have you seen the wording for the 'Blockbuster'? It's basically saying that the item will never be seen at such a low price again! So no hope of it turning up in an extravaganza 6 weeks later then? :eek:

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
01-10-2008, 10:24 PM
well thats what they say but what they mean is another story all together

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 10:44 AM
It looks like TONNES of decoupage to me, you see the items from tonight's show and a description (but no piccy): Note new word MEGAPAGE (like QVC's DECOULARGE) - how many words can be made out of the word decoupage, besides these and pyramage and silhoupage????????????????

http://www.idealworld.tv/ShowProducts.aspx?showId=1979201

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 05:23 PM
I can see you all chomping at the bit for this, how many weeks have they had ropey decoupage POTD or 4DD's?

Jeanette
02-10-2008, 05:35 PM
It looks like TONNES of decoupage to me, you see the items from tonight's show and a description (but no piccy): Note new word MEGAPAGE (like QVC's DECOULARGE) - how many words can be made out of the word decoupage, besides these and pyramage and silhoupage????????????????

http://www.idealworld.tv/ShowProducts.aspx?showId=1979201

ROC, you missed out invertage!!;)

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 06:10 PM
ROC, you missed out invertage!!;)

LOL :D Jeanette, can we think of any more!

There's a photo now and says back in stock - I am confused

Fenpeper
02-10-2008, 06:17 PM
Junkopage! :D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
it looks bad

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Junkopage! :D

badly diecutopage!:D

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 07:56 PM
there appear to be only 4 designs??

Chess
02-10-2008, 08:07 PM
God, they're plumbing new depths with that!! You can tell, because Howard "is absolutely loving it"!!!

sugarplum
02-10-2008, 08:15 PM
not impressed I'm afraid Don't like the images (theres cute but thats just sickly!!) and the card looks very flimsy. I actually think its pretty expensive for the number of cards and it doesn't even include envelopes for the A3 size.
Not to worry Howard says its being "snapped up" and loads of us are on the website

maisie*daisy
02-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I actually feel sorry for Howard.He is trying so hard to sell these and they are awful. The cost is way too much .17 cards for £30 even if you do get 3 A3 cards .really not worth it and 2 designs ??????????????

lets see the finished sample and another one and another one oooooh look all the same picture

crafty anne
02-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Isn't it embarrassing. Mr Dreary isn't really helping Howard either. I think he may be nervous or just downright depressed about the kit he is demoing, but I do wish he would finish a sentence before starting another one.

Rentochops
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Oh I got told off when I said Paul was dull last time - however how can anyone have fun with THAT kit!

Anne
02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Is it Mr Marsden again?

Wellington
02-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Is it Mr Marsden again?

No - it was Paul Church who usually plies his trade with Wendy Stenton...

I didn't think the designs were too awful, just a boring. Why only 2 designs in each kit? Why 2 A3 in one design & only 1 A3 in the other :confused: The price is shocking for what you get. For £30 I'd like some variation please.

At one point they were bipping on about buying the kit & some cheap frames to make up as 17 Christmas presents. I could hear the barrel being scraped from Liverpool. I think I'd have slit my wrists with a craft knife after making up 3 of the same bliddy thing :eek: And after that, when your friends & family have chatted with each other to find you made the same thing for them all, they may never speak to you again!

I was trying to think of what the postage on A3 card with 8 layers of decoup would be??

Phree
03-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Ooooo I wanna add a new word.... can I? Can I?

Ok here it is

DeCRAPage :D

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 05:59 AM
OMG it sounds awful. I missed the launch as I went to bed early trying to fend off a nasty cold! Off to look at the website now

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 06:26 AM
The cost is way too much 17 cards for £30

I must be looking at something different then because the kit I looked in had over 100 sheets of decoupage. I suppose I'll have to wait to see the live show :D

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Has the price changed? I thought it was £29.99 not £24.99

Wellington
03-10-2008, 09:07 AM
Has the price changed? I thought it was £29.99 not £24.99

Yes!!!!!!!

Wellington
03-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Dave Bradford says that everyone who bought last night will get a £5 credit on their account.

So somebody somewhere thought "Whoops, this ain't selling, let's drop the price" I suppose.

It still doesn't make me want to buy it though

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 09:10 AM
Dave Bradford says that everyone who bought last night will get a £5 credit on their account.

So somebody somewhere thought "Whoops, this ain't selling, let's drop the price" I suppose.

It still doesn't make me want to buy it though

How strange! I don't want it either. Who would want so may repeat designs???

Rentochops
03-10-2008, 09:56 AM
I suppose anyone has a right to change a price, I mean any shop could do this, however only 15% of the multi-buy has gone. I wonder if they have read the craft forums.

I was watching QVC at 12am and noticed IW had pulled the 12am show and wondered why - now I know.
:D

Le Suh have been doing giant pictures to decoupage for a while now, I always think large decoupage pictures look tacky somehow, this would have sold better I think if there had been a variety of designs. Personally I like to do one card with a decoupage design.

I think this Paul is a very good demonstrator, but it appears he is employed by IW.

I was watching QVC at 12am and noticed IW had pulled the 12am show and wondered why - now I know. Look they've made the 10am show into one hour rather than two, it's turned into Radiant Lights!
:D

suetheiron
03-10-2008, 10:41 AM
The words bl**dy awful spring to mind!!

Anne
03-10-2008, 10:47 AM
The words bl**dy awful spring to mind!!

Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Me neither ;)

icebubble
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
I agree with your sentiments too. :D

nicecupoftea
03-10-2008, 12:53 PM
I sat watching it this morning open mouthed. I can't believe they are trying to flog something with just two (not very appealing) images in it for that price. If anybody did buy it last night at £29.99 I hope they have a lot of patience in waiting for their refund.

Wellington
03-10-2008, 01:29 PM
I suppose anyone has a right to change a price, I mean any shop could do this, however only 15% of the multi-buy has gone. I wonder if they have read the craft forums.

This thought crossed my mind too...:D

It just seems such a drastic thing to do. I mean, we all know that the POTD/POW/4DD tend to crop up as Extravaganzas, sometimes with indecent haste - but to drop the price overnight :eek:

sugarplum
03-10-2008, 01:42 PM
does anyone else think its a bit strange that they have the potd (or blockbuster) on at 10am then zilch for the rest of the day usually the POTD is featured heavily throught the day but not this one

Rentochops
03-10-2008, 01:57 PM
does anyone else think its a bit strange that they have the potd (or blockbuster) on at 10am then zilch for the rest of the day usually the POTD is featured heavily throught the day but not this one

yup a couple of hours of it have been cancelled! You can't do much with 2 designs, they are plugging radiant lights now!

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Its all very odd! Sales must be really poor

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
03-10-2008, 02:20 PM
well if they put a bit more effort in to it then it might be ok but they have hit the pricing wrong with it

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
03-10-2008, 02:21 PM
how much would you all pay for the POTD as it is??

Jeanette
03-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Nothing, it doesn't appeal to me at all!! YUK

icebubble
03-10-2008, 02:37 PM
Nothing, it doesn't appeal to me at all!! YUK

That made me laugh. :D

If they care to give it to me as a freebie I'd have it, but to be honest I wouldn't pay for it as I don't like it. I could think of much better uses for DH's CC.

Wellington
03-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Maybe possibly if there were 17 different designs I may consider around the £20 mark - on the other hand, I have no idea who'd want an A3 card :eek:

Rentochops
03-10-2008, 04:17 PM
Maybe possibly if there were 17 different designs I may consider around the £20 mark - on the other hand, I have no idea who'd want an A3 card :eek:

especially one with pussies all over LOL:D

There's not even a last chance - and it says sale on the website must be a first!

Dips
03-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Do you think that this was a last minute substitution anyway? I tuned in just before 9pm and was very confused as it appeared that Joanna was showing 2 pairs of shoes as the POD? But then I fell asleep watching the 9pm launch show and have been at work (still am :() since 7.15am, so have only had the odd nosey at your comments on here.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
03-10-2008, 04:53 PM
ohh it could be dips

Chess
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
It was on my EPG from early in the week, so I don't think it was a last minute thing. It was also on their schedule early on, though that means not a lot - they still haven't got a full day's schedule for Monday after dumping Glenda's shows. I would have thought that it that was going to be a special 'Home' day, it would have been well planned in advance. Actually, when I think about it, they've only got 2 shows up for the Craft Day on Wednesday!!!!

Phree
03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
Glenda's shows were supposed to be live on Ideal World, and were dumped in favour of "Home" what ever that may be - I am assuming household goods like cookware, bed linen that kind of stuff. However it may have left C&C with gaps if they intened to show the shows on both channels simultaneously.

Rentochops
03-10-2008, 05:46 PM
Glenda's shows were supposed to be live on Ideal World, and were dumped in favour of "Home" what ever that may be - I am assuming household goods like cookware, bed linen that kind of stuff. However it may have left C&C with gaps if they intened to show the shows on both channels simultaneously.

they are having a home themed weekend, therefore no craft, but surely this wouldn've been planned for, as it starts at 9pm tonight?

Phree
03-10-2008, 06:13 PM
You would think so ROC, they gave Glenda about 10 days notice of the cancellation of the live shows. However who knows, IW seem to fly by the seat of their pants at times. Or maybe it was an administrative error and they did just did not realise until the 11th hour that they had booked Glenda in slots they needed for their "home" event. We know they have a ...... um shall I be kind and say "highly disorganised" approach to customer service - so why would we expect them to have a more organised approach to programme planning :D

Rentochops
03-10-2008, 08:11 PM
that's true Phree, I mean QVC have a programme guide which shows a whole month ahead, ok it changes a bit now and then, but not a great deal, IW could never do this!

I have no idea how such a badly run company can maintain itself, I've thought for the last few years it may come crashing down around them, but it never does.........

DianaDreads
03-10-2008, 09:03 PM
I wondered what was going on with this when I saw the potw show on iw - I thought the world had gone mad and the damn thing had sold out early on :eek:
I've never seen them pull a potd so quickly and felt sorry for Paul getting sucked into showing it, there's only so much you can do with very few images.
The funniest thing of all was it being a 'blockbuster', never to be seen at such at a low price again...except until the following morning when they realised it had died on its arris and knocked a fiver off sharpish :D

Flowerpot
03-10-2008, 10:19 PM
I've just looked on the C&C site only to see it 'on sale' :confused:
BTW I had an email from them today...they have yet another craft day..yes that's right another craft day on the 7th Oct with the old free p+p