PDA

View Full Version : Sue Willson

chris-c
19-08-2010, 04:24 PM
"I can finally let you know about some upcoming shows on Create and Craft as we have finally been given firm dates for them. The first show date is on Sept. 2nd at 6pm (I think this is on Ideal World, but I'm not positive yet). That show will feature Sam Poole's new Vintage Christmas Postcard and Vintage Christmas Sleigh Ride Stamp Sets. The card to the left is from the first set. I just love the old world vintage feel to these designs. They are so simple to stamp with too! The next show date is on Sept. 7th at 9am. This show will feature Sam's new Santa and Elves. These are very fun and cute. I am only going to tell you that I have a very fun surprise planned for this show (tee hee hee!) So even if cutesy isn't your thing, you are going to want to have a peek at this one. It is sure to have you in stitches, I promise!"

I don't know if anyone has seen this,it's from her blog.Sounds good !! hope to get a few ideas, as I have the vintage christmas postcard set, not used it yet,it looks like I am going to be on the last minute with my christmas cards again !!!!
I realy wish they would give Sheena and Sue at least a 2 hour slot,....they have so much to show us.
Chris

rembrandt
19-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Thank you Chris! I just discovered Sue's blog yesterday, after some web searching of some of the sites I found here! I agree, both Barbara Gray and the Glitter Girls get 2 hour time slots...and Sheena and Sue sell just as much/quickly as they do. Seems the show just begins and then it's over! I wonder if there is anyway we can request this on C&C - Maybe it would be worth a shot! They would probably make more money with 2 hours of our girls than with 1 hour followed by an hour of hawking yet another CD Rom. Sorry, I am not a CD crafter (wastes waaaay too much ink!) and so I think there are way too many shows featuring CD Roms. Just my opinion!!

chris-c
19-08-2010, 05:05 PM
............my thoughts to.Maybe we should do a mass email !!!!

papercraftbycarole
19-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Thanks chris-c. Sue did say in that blog entry that she is getting a two hour show sometime in September. Should be good. Cxx

angela
19-08-2010, 05:59 PM
do you have a link or a name for sue's blog please?

papercraftbycarole
19-08-2010, 06:47 PM
It's www.particraft.blogspot.com Hopefully I've got that right! Cxx

lee
05-09-2010, 06:02 AM
Sue is on twice on Monday 9 and 11! and Tuesday at 9am on my recording machine but not on C&C TV listings too confusing!

rembrandt
05-09-2010, 09:24 AM
I can't believe it! The one day I won't be home! Tuesday is election day, and I am a presiding judge at the polls. Hopefully my DH will have figured out the record thing by then....or I'll have to pray for a repeat!!! Please...please...please!!

budgie
05-09-2010, 09:36 AM
They usually repeat in the evening or early hours of the morning.

lee
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Its Monday

rembrandt
06-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Its Monday

Thank God!!!!! I am content!!

inkyfingers
07-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I just got home and watched the show I recorded of Sue Wilson that was on earlier today. Did anyone see that amazing confetti card that she did? I can't wait to give it a go. My kids will love that idea. I didn't think that I would be more amazed watching todays show than I was yesterday when I saw her making the fake pearls out of glue and mica powders, but wow! C & C should have her on more often as she never fails to inspire me!

Sue
07-09-2010, 11:40 AM
I only saw up till the blobs of glue. Did she then mix the mica powder with water and paint it on, please? Sorry if that's a stooooopid question. I can't think what else she might've done, tbh, but thought I'd check with someone who actually paid attention. :tongue:

Wellington
07-09-2010, 11:48 AM
I only saw up till the blobs of glue. Did she then mix the mica powder with water and paint it on, please? Sorry if that's a stooooopid question. I can't think what else she might've done, tbh, but thought I'd check with someone who actually paid attention. :tongue:

No mixing, she just let the glue drops dry & then dusted with mica powder. She also showed a lovely trick of 'drawing' a swirl (or pattern of your choice) with clear glue, let that dry, then do the drops of white glue along the lines, allow to dry & dust so that you get pearly chains a la Prima

Sue
07-09-2010, 11:55 AM
Oh thanks very much for the speedy reply and extra info, Wellington. I wouldn't have thought the mica would stick if the glue was dry, which just goes to show what I know*.

*Sod all with the merest hint of bugger all sprinkled on top usually.:nod:

budgie
07-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Really enjoyed watching Sue. She always seems to come up with something new!

lee
07-09-2010, 12:42 PM
She is so creative and I love her free spirit of presenting. Hope to see her at ally pally again!

chris-c
07-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Waited so long for this show,recorded it and what happens? Total break up of picture and sounded like that comic with a broken mike !!!!........ Gutted

lizinbena
08-09-2010, 07:56 AM
Hmmmf... my sky + record setting decided to go awol.... so missed the 2 progs on Monday then to cap it all. I had a water leak, the water got into my electric garage door control box which shorted out all the electrics in the house. :doh: I managed to isolate the errant circit which just happens to be the one the telly and sat box are on. So no telly Tuesday morning. :sad:
A friend has managed to disconnect the garage door from the electric system so I'm back in the world of tellyland. Just got to find an electric door enginneer to fix the box.

The glue/ mica powder technique sounds good :nod: but I can't think of anything worse than an exploding confetti card. :mysmilie_365:

Liz

Wellington
08-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Hmmmf... my sky + record setting decided to go awol.... so missed the 2 progs on Monday then to cap it all. I had a water leak, the water got into my electric garage door control box which shorted out all the electrics in the house. :doh: I managed to isolate the errant circit which just happens to be the one the telly and sat box are on. So no telly Tuesday morning. :sad:
A friend has managed to disconnect the garage door from the electric system so I'm back in the world of tellyland. Just got to find an electric door enginneer to fix the box.

The glue/ mica powder technique sounds good :nod: but I can't think of anything worse than an exploding confetti card. :mysmilie_365:

Liz

EEK! - Glad everything's OK now Liz...

I think when you see the words 'exploding confetti card' it actually sounds worse than it was LOL Sue constructed a mechanism with a strip of card & a rubber band which was like an upright frame & a little loose wrap of tissue paper to hold the confetti on top. The whole thing squishes flat (like the pop up mechanisms where you cut slits in the card along the spine?) & stayed flat (hopefully) till the card was opened & then the mechanism springs up & kind of flings the confetti out.

Hmmm...turns out it's kinda hard to describe LOL But rather than an 'explosion', it's more of a catapult

jeanfan
08-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell mell me which sort of paper/card Sue did the glue pearls on please,ie is it non stick?

auntie
08-09-2010, 01:16 PM
yes it was , think she called it release paper ? would baking parchment work ?

jeanfan
08-09-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks auntie,I tried last night with some different glue,it worked quite well but I couldn`t get them off the paper.I`m going to the Harrogate show on Sunday so that`s something else to add to my ever increasing list - the glue I mean.

Wellington
08-09-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell mell me which sort of paper/card Sue did the glue pearls on please,ie is it non stick?

She actually used an unused pad of UMount with the backing paper still on but said you could use any waxy paper - I was going to have a play with just some greaseproof. Was also wondering if you could just use a non-stick craft sheet?

sugarplum
08-09-2010, 01:47 PM
I make my own pearls with viva decor glue pens and use my craft sheet Once they are dry they just pop off so I would imagine it would be the same with the cosmic shimmer glue pearls

lee
08-09-2010, 02:16 PM
Cheers sugarplum I think the craft sheet would work best! Have to find me flippin glue now!

jeanfan
08-09-2010, 06:06 PM
Thanks to all,been playing with my craft sheet and they came off that easily,I have half an unused pad of umount too so I`m going to see which is best.
Thanks again,
Jean

lizinbena
08-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Would the used finished with backing sheet from Peel offs work?

Liz

jeanfan
08-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Would the used finished with backing sheet from Peel offs work?

Liz

Don`t know Liz but I`ve just put a blob of glue on one to see.I`ve got blobs of glue all over my craft room now.

lizinbena
08-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Don`t know Liz but I`ve just put a blob of glue on one to see.I`ve got blobs of glue all over my craft room now.

Hmmm... could be a bit of a sticky situation then lol

Liz

jeanfan
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Hmmm... could be a bit of a sticky situation then lol

Liz

You`re not wrong there.will let you know about the peel off sheet when it dries

angela
08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
I made baubles on a tree with the same tecnique using glitter

jenty
08-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Can someone tell me how to do it? I didn't see the programme and I'm not able to record. It sounds intriguing.

lee
08-09-2010, 09:03 PM

Well if Mr Blobby calls you'll know what he wants!:giggle:

Wellington
08-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Can someone tell me how to do it? I didn't see the programme and I'm not able to record. It sounds intriguing.

Sue's method was to make little pearl-sized blobs of 'dries white' glue on a non-stick sheet, being as careful as possible not to form a little trail or point on top. Let them dry then simply dust with mica powder. She used a natural pearl colour by Cosmic Shimmer, but you could use any colour. Then you just pop them off the sheet & glue them to your work.

HTH :)

jenty
08-09-2010, 09:35 PM
Thanks for such clear instructions. I can't wait to try it! :mysmilie_14:

craftycat
09-09-2010, 07:09 AM
Thanks for the instructions on the "pearls". Only saw part of that demo, rest of the time I wasn't getting any signal. Damn Sky kept cutting out.

jeanfan
09-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Well if Mr Blobby calls you'll know what he wants!:giggle:

You mean,he`s after my...................blolbs?:cheeky:

Sue
09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
How come the mica powder 'sticks'?