PDA

View Full Version : Englishminx's Exuberant Extravagent Birthday Treats (AKA Cards)

englishminx
26-08-2010, 11:33 AM
First off, aplogies for the delay in getting these online, I did take photos a few days back, but I cannot find my camera cable for love nor money, I remember putting it somewhere safe, but dammned if I can remember that somewhere safe (must be a sign of getting older). So I have had to resort to taking them wiht my I-Phone, so the pictures are not as clear as I hoped.

The first 3 pictures are from Joanne, Icebubble and Angela, I love the butterfly that Angela has used and would love to know where it is from, it looks so much like a real butterfly, and the glitter on it gives it such a lovely glisten, when the light catches it.

Icebubble - Im not impressed, the card was just toooooo beautiful, I had to go and order that elusive images stamp straight away. The way the scales glitter is amazing, would love to know what you used to get them so life like. The card is adorable.

Joanne has done a beautiful pink card, that is so delicious you could eat it, the colours are lovely, and it doesnt show well but the little girl also has glitter on her wings. It was my neices favourite card, and I had a struggle stopping her taking it home.

englishminx
26-08-2010, 11:40 AM
I love how every card was so different, using so many different techniques, and the adorable detail that you see every time you look at them.

First - Little Jan, wonderful green colours, with a really luxurious green paper, and a beautiful 20's woman. The feathers make a lovely touch to the effect of the card.

Loobys piece of art is beautiful - the colours are a wonderful combination, and I love the image of the girl (where did it come from Looby). I also did as I was told, and pulled the butterflies up, which I think make a really nice alternative to flowers. The colouring of the image is excellent as well.

Lorraines card is in a lovely cream colour, with a lovely glass butterfly (butterflys must be the thing). The glitter on the flowers really bring them to life as well.

englishminx
26-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Lothian has done a lovely icecream which really is good enough to eat, the colouring on the cone is so real looking. I love pink and purple and this card hits it all.

Macey has used a beatiful glossy flower picture, with an extra touch of glitter in the centres of each card, which doesnt pick up with the camera.

Marzi's fairy really is beautiful (I am assuming its Kanban), but what ever it is I love it, and on the heart acetate background really gives it some wow factor.

englishminx
26-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Well Millburn I can tell you Im glad Im not a fan of decoupage, because the card you sent was beautiful, I am sure that alcohol inks you have used to get that wonderful image and if thats a peel off you have used, then wow, I have found a whole new use for my peel offs sitting at the bottom of the stash. I just love the gold and black contrast.

RW's card is a beautiful pearlised cream with a beautiful pink topper, with 4 whole mats on it, including a lovely pink glitter one. The combination of colours is adorable.

Spendsloads has done a wonferful purple card (I adore purple), see Im such a girl. now I dont like traditional decoupage but love that vase really comes off the page, the background is a beautiful tissue like paper, which gives it a really delicate look.

englishminx
26-08-2010, 11:55 AM
Sugarplums card really is a piece of art, Sugarplum how did you get the frame on that picture with all the intricate cuts its beautiful. I love the picture as well, I am assuming its a digistamp, and the colouring is marvellous. I love the dark purple and black together.

Victoria has done another lovely purple and pink card, with loads of glitter, and i love the flower card used on the two sides, (not sure where its from, but I want it).

Thank you to each and every one of you, the cards are better than any present you could give, the work can care taken on every single one really shows through. :clapping:

satincollie
26-08-2010, 12:38 PM
Thanks for sharing Englishminx . Fantastic cards are the members here talented :)

Millburn
26-08-2010, 12:41 PM
Another amazing collection, so many different cards, and so very different too :happy:

kitten_with_claws
26-08-2010, 12:44 PM
They're all marvellous EM, a fabulous selection, every one a true work of art! :clapping:

sugarplum
26-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Lovely to see all your gorgeous cards Thanks for sharing them
You asked about the stamp and the frame on mine
firstly the stamp No its not a digi image Its an u/m rubber stamp by ching chou kuik from Sweet Pea stamps I adore her stamps They are a pleasure to colour
The frame was cut using my expression and make the cut software and sized to fit the stamped image
Hope you dont mind but I have copied your photo as I forgot to take one before sending
fi x

budgie
26-08-2010, 03:17 PM
Beautiful selection of cards ladies!

Little Jan
26-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Loveley cards I hope they made your day that extra special

Joanne
26-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Really lovely cards thanks for showing us them all

Rainbowwand
26-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Another lovely selection of great cards, thanks for sharing them with us

Princess4Wiz
26-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Such gorgeous cards Englishminx!

I hope you had a fabulous day!

Beth. x

icebubble
01-09-2010, 09:00 AM
A really lovely selection of cards EM. Thanks for sharing them with us and I hope you had a very special birthday. xx

You asked about the effect on the scales of the mermaid etc. I used stickles and then some distressed stickles for texture on the scales and also to try and create a sandy look at the bottom as well. I applied the distressed stickles and then rubbed them across with my finger more to create interest than sparkle. I love that stamp and also that it is so large and fills a card. Sorry if I helped in you needing it but hope you enjoy using it. I really enjoyed making that card for you and decided not to use any patterned paper for a change but used my distress inks to create a backing. This was the first time I've used the ink pads in that way and it was great fun.

englishminx
01-09-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks IB, I think the fact that you made such a wow effect with the image was the final selling point to me, sometimes it takes seeing it used at its best to make you realise you want it. My stamp has arrived from JS, and I am looking forward to using it, really was a lovely card, thank you x