PDA

View Full Version : May I please scream now???!!

rembrandt
29-08-2010, 09:51 AM
Ok, so I think we all know by now that everything is CRAZY this week...how many times did Martyn mention this during the show? Martyn has never really bothered me much, until today. He KNEW that things were going to sell out fast...why, why WHY didn't he just shut up? Barbara could have probably gotten MOST of her demos done if he would have just stopped rambling and rambling like it was the Martyn show! I feel so bad for Barbara, it must be so frustrating to prepare and prepare only to have somebody say "Oops! guess all we get to do is read emails!" Was I imagining (or hoping) or did Barbara "almost" lose her temper quite a few times during this mornings very short show? I almost laughed out loud the way Barbara snuck in the demo with the "sold out" Willow Lady (I mean naked geisha) stamp. She is one very smart lady....I wish she would have had some rotten fruit. Next time, if we can't have Nigel as presenter, do you think maybe somebody can sneak in and lock Martyn in a closet or something? I am so sick of these abbreviated Clarity shows I just want to scream!!!
:mysmilie_365: I'm so sorry for all this ranting...if I didn't have to be up at 4 in the morning to watch Barbara I probably wouldn't get quite so worked up! But.....
A class act like Barbara Grey deserves more than a rambling, often incoherent host running all over her and acting like a boob!! Ok then! I have said my piece, and I will
go and have a cup of tea and try to calm down....in a bit! Many thank to all of you in
this forum...before I found all of you, I would have just boiled over INSIDE and probably given myself an ulcer.....
:mysmilie_478: :mysmilie_455: . . . . . . . . . .:mysmilie_469:

LoobyLou
29-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Hon, you are only expressing what a lot of us are thinking every time Martyn (I Love myself I think I'm grand) Parker opens his mouth and twitters on!

rembrandt
29-08-2010, 10:01 AM
Hon, you are only expressing what a lot of us are thinking every time Martyn (I Love myself I think I'm grand) Parker opens his mouth and twitters on!

LOL......and on and on and on and on........

Millburn
29-08-2010, 10:10 AM
so does this mean my taping of the show (I was in the kitchen making fish pie) is a total waste? :(

craftycat
got so cross I actually turned off. Must admit I think the way Barbara does her schoolmarm bit "Are we ready now?" is brilliant. Don't even know if she did that today. She is such a lovely lady and it is so unfair when she gets messed about with her demos.

englishminx
Oh I do feel for you, having to get up so early just to watch the Martyn Show. I am so envious of americans and all the access they have to craft stash, but then I forget we do have some really special homegrown craft idols ourselves. I was dissapointed as well, but at least I didnt have to get up at 4 like you did.

BTW out of curiosity how do you watch C&C if you are in the states?

Phree
29-08-2010, 10:29 AM
....Next time, if we can't have Nigel as presenter.....

First may I say, welcome to our world rembrandt :p We have been putting up with Gattling Gob... oops I mean Martyn Parker .. for far too long.

Now for the good news, Barb's next show is to be presented by Nigel..... perhaps you were to busy screaming "will you stfu" at Martyn to catch that bit of good news this morning - I was cheering when Martyn said it...the only thing he said during the whole show that was worth listening too.

so does this mean my taping of the show (I was in the kitchen making fish pie) is a total waste? :(

No, not a total waste Millburn, but be prepared to use fast foward/mute etc. There is a particularly good demo of pattern building with a corner stamp.... one we haven't seen before and apparently an idea from one of the lucky so and so's who got to attend Barb's recent workshops.

.........BTW out of curiosity how do you watch C&C if you are in the states?

T'interweb thingy englishmix.... it has a funny way of getting everywhere.... even over the pond to our american cousins :D

Sowwy, couldn't resist teasing :D

lee
29-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooo don't say its a 'M' show again...Its on memory, was savouring it for after lunch...poop! Upset now...I do have some old tomartoes but i would have to clean up the telly not Martyn!!!!!!!!!!!

rembrandt
29-08-2010, 12:23 PM
Thank you all for making me laugh!!:mysmilie_61:
It is such a help to know that I finally have a place where I can not only voice my
frustration, but also marvel at a wonder like Barbara Gray! (I do TRY to explain it to
my folks over here, but they only look at me like I'm daft for watching a tv show on
the internet from the UK at 4 in the morning!)
The things that we crafters go through in order to satisfy our "habit"
I would love to be able to purchase Barbara's DVD's, but I don't think they would work
over here...CD's work great on my computer, I don't really even have to worry about
adjusting for A4 paper, but unfortunately, unless I buy an English DVD player, all I can
do is dream! (Or maybe I can convince Barbara to put her wonderful DVD's on iTunes!
That would work! LOL):mysmilie_853:

sheilaj
29-08-2010, 02:03 PM
Barbara Gray is also on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=333F-ocXDpY&feature=related

lizinbena
29-08-2010, 02:10 PM

Thank you for that link.... I'm off to You tube pronto

Liz

lee
29-08-2010, 02:26 PM

Thank you sooo much need my barbara fix or the rest of the day is POOP!

Phree
29-08-2010, 02:29 PM
I would love to be able to purchase Barbara's DVD's, but I don't think they would work
over here...CD's work great on my computer, I don't really even have to worry about
adjusting for A4 paper, but unfortunately, unless I buy an English DVD player, all I can
do is dream! (Or maybe I can convince Barbara to put her wonderful DVD's on iTunes!
That would work! LOL):mysmilie_853:

In the past I have had VHS Videos convereted both ways..... PAL to the USA system, and USA format to PAL.

Check this link out rembrandt..... not sure how legal it is, but heck you could always e-mail Barb @ Clarity and ask her about buying in PAL format and if she would mind you getting the DVD converted.

http://www.220-electronics.com/pal-ntsc-secam-video-converter.htm?gclid=CNTyy63x3qMCFYGX2Aodj2yLAg

JanTheNan
29-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Would a home made DVD work in the U.S. I wonder, I mean a recording of the shows not a copy of the Clarity DVD's by the way?

craftycat
29-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Thanks for the link. I notice there are three demo Youtubes by Barbara, find them as usual on the right hand side of the screen.

:happy::happy:

darwin
29-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I often like to play 'Devils Advocate', but this time I mean it - I like Martyn. I have a quirky sense of humour.
Darwin

rembrandt
30-08-2010, 01:55 AM
In the past I have had VHS Videos convereted both ways..... PAL to the USA system, and USA format to PAL.

Check this link out rembrandt..... not sure how legal it is, but heck you could always e-mail Barb @ Clarity and ask her about buying in PAL format and if she would mind you getting the DVD converted.

http://www.220-electronics.com/pal-ntsc-secam-video-converter.htm?gclid=CNTyy63x3qMCFYGX2Aodj2yLAg

Thanks alot Phree! I will hop on over and see if it's it possible! Luckily, my DH is a computer wizard (or as close as they come) so if it's possible, he can probably do it for me! I admit to not knowing all the ins and out of the different formats - but I have
wondered if a PAL DVD would work on my computer - or if my DVD drive would have to be PAL compliant too!!
I will not rest until I can see Barbara 24/7!!
:mysmilie_504:

rembrandt
30-08-2010, 01:57 AM

Thank you much sheilaj! I knew that there was one partial Barbara Gray video on youtube - but didn't know about
any others! This defin. has made my day!!

morgana123
30-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Hello Rembrant, If your darling hubby can tell you if a dvd will play on your computer or even if you would just like one to try I have hours of barbara recorded and will be happy to do you a copy (this weeks show excluded as I had to get ready for daughters birtday b-b-q and after 10 mins I would happily have done time for killing the m word) and send it to you. Will be recording the next show as well so can add that to the bundle lol. At least if you have it on dvd and can show your friends they will understand why she is worth getting up at 4am to watch a show on the internet and trust me, I would get up at 4am to watch her.

Think we ought to bombard the powers that be at Create and Craft for a boycott on motor mouth being on with Barbara. Trouble is she is so worth watching I wouldnt normally turn off or not record Martyn or not. I am longing to see Leonie present one of her shows because as such an avid crafter herself, you just know Leonie will get so engrossed in the demo's that there will be less interupting.

Phree
30-08-2010, 01:31 PM
In another venue there has been discussion in the past regarding people who have recordings of Glenda Waterworth's Masterclass style shows copying them to DVD to send to people unable to record them and who had missed them. Glenda herself reminded folks that those shows are actually copyright to Ideal World.

On another note did I remember to mention that I think Private Messaging on the forum is a wonderful thing :D

LoobyLou
30-08-2010, 03:28 PM
In which case why are they constantly telling us to 'hit record' then Phree. They can't have it both ways now can they.

sheilaj
30-08-2010, 03:44 PM
In which case why are they constantly telling us to 'hit record' then Phree. They can't have it both ways now can they.

because when you record, the implication is that its for personal use only :( its the same as films. You can record them to "timeshift" but not to pass around to others. and I agree with Phree, the PM facility is brilliant (wink wink nudge nudge)

lee
30-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Isn't it if your selling them? I cannot believe they would do something if you record the shows so some one can see the products?

sheilaj
30-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Nope, the law is about copyright which takes no account of the reason for the copying and sharing. In practice if you photocopy a page from the argos catalog and send it to someone, argos are unlikely to kick up, but sharing a video what is described as a "masterclass"...different.

Phree
30-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Thanks Sheila, and as Sheila said, recording for one's own use is one thing, making copies of said recording to give (or even sell) is not allowed. And of course there is Graham's position to consider, as forum owner he cannot be seen to condone things which may or may not be legal.

Now, who was it mentioned that private messages are a great tool on the forum. Anyhow if anyone is not sure how to use the PM facility, why not post a new thead asking for help on how it works, I know there will be lot of us willing to reply with helpful posts on the subject :D

Shepherdess
30-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm spitting feathers, I Sky+'d Barbara so I could watch it last night, before I watched it I watched something I had recorded before her show and when I deleted that I must have kept my finger on the button for a second to long and it also deleted Barbara's show, talk about gutted I could scream, never mind I'll just have to be more careful next time she's on.

morgana123
30-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Thank you for the heads up Phree, of course I would never do anything that could be seen to be breaking the law but I'm sure I have even heard some of the Create and Craft presenters saying if you cant record it get someone to do it for you or words to that effect. But of course I wont do anything to break the law and, should someone pm me with a request, then I shall reply politely to them via pm of course.

vampyre
30-08-2010, 09:10 PM
All you need to do is press keep when you set the programme and then sky+ recording will need a confirmation step to delete it.

keiko1
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
I always tape Barabra's shows, it was just a shame that this weeks one only lasted 30 mins?
Why can't they just take out the price of the item and replace it with Sold Out and then do demo's. I'm sure new stampers would like to know the best way to stamp and brayer.
The added plus is Nigel on this week with Barabara and that she is at Ally Pally on the 25th September. This is the only one we get to got to as we don't have a car and the train fares are ridiculus

lee
01-09-2010, 04:37 PM
Yes will be doing my rounds to see Sheena, Barbara and Sue at Ally pally.
Cheers Sheila and Phree for info on law...it is an ass though!