PDA

View Full Version : Haley........again......big shocker!

rembrandt
02-09-2010, 10:42 AM
so NOW Haley is demonstrating the Cuttlebug????? oh come on!!!!!!! Enough already!!!:mysmilie_1:

Phree
02-09-2010, 11:14 AM
I saw a few mins of that..... at least she seemed to have a better idea of how it works than Michelle Marsden did ;)

craftycat
02-09-2010, 12:04 PM
It was only when I was using my CB the other day that I realised MM and co were saying B plate for emboss and C plate for cut. WRONG! no wonder they were getting in such a pickle.

Ger
02-09-2010, 12:54 PM
I placed an order for a Cuttlebug on eBay last night so I was watching with great interest, however it looks like much more fun when Sheena's playing with it! Quite liked the chalk on top of the embossing though.

Ger x.

rembrandt
02-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I admit, she did have that bundle of different techniques, which was rather interesting, but after that I had to turn it off as I was having
trouble understanding anything Haley was saying! I knew it wasn't my computer because Martyn was coming through, loud and strong!
She was talking so fast and everything was so garbled it sounded like somebody speaking in a different language! I guess I'm just getting
tired of the same old, same old - it's the same with Stephanie too sometimes, why is everything anybody says always so gosh darned funny??
I like a good joke as much as anybody, but inappropriate constant giggles drive me nuts!!

budgie
02-09-2010, 05:20 PM
Just saw some of the cuttlebug show with Hayley. Have to say I prefer her on cuttlebug show than on the other shows she does. As someone else said, far better than MM was. She seemed comfortable using it, and knew what she was doing.

Purplepig
02-09-2010, 11:25 PM
I think Loen and Nancy said in the round-up show that Hayley had had to go home early as she was unwell :thinking:

freedom99
03-09-2010, 01:27 AM
i've had my cuttlebug for a few years and thought i knew how to use it ( i've never had a problem) but i am a bit confused after watching today. Martin asked Haley if there was anyway to get the embossing lighter and not so deep and she said to add a shim. I thought adding a shim made the sandwich thicker and the embossing deeper????? so now i am confused because if something is not cutting out 100% i add a shim and that works, my thought process was this makes the sandwich tighter.

can anyone shed some light on this, thank you

rembrandt
03-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Maybe she meant to use the shim instead of a B plate - that would give it less resistance, that's the only thing I can think of!
And you're right, adding a shim in addition to all the plates results in a deeper emboss!

Granny Penny
03-09-2010, 05:49 AM
I do hope Hayley is better soon - I think they have worn her out. It seems as if she is now their resident "guest" (perhaps she lives close by). It's purely a personal preference but I prefer Hayley to some of the other guests who do the basic type of kit and things like the cuttlebug for C and C. She doesn't seem to make things out to be what they are not. I wondered if she had been a teacher as she takes the time to explain things very well when queries come in.

Ger
03-09-2010, 06:53 AM
i've had my cuttlebug for a few years and thought i knew how to use it ( i've never had a problem) but i am a bit confused after watching today. Martin asked Haley if there was anyway to get the embossing lighter and not so deep and she said to add a shim. I thought adding a shim made the sandwich thicker and the embossing deeper????? so now i am confused because if something is not cutting out 100% i add a shim and that works, my thought process was this makes the sandwich tighter.

I don't even have my cuttlebug yet (hope it arrives today!) so I may be talking nonsense, but - I thought Hayley said to place the folder in the middle of the plate because the pressure is less there than on the edges?

Ger x.

craftycat
03-09-2010, 08:23 AM
I don't even have my cuttlebug yet (hope it arrives today!) so I may be talking nonsense, but - I thought Hayley said to place the folder in the middle of the plate because the pressure is less there than on the edges?

Ger x.

It does work better if you put the folder in the middle of the plate - equal pressure really - but the shim we are talking about adds an extra layer if the pressure is not enough. You will see what we mean when you start playing with your CB. Have fun!

CraftyK
03-09-2010, 08:31 AM

Adding a shim to a cutting die, will help the cut to be deeper. Adding a shim when embossing should make the embossed image lighter, if you are using an embossing folder you can add a negative pre die cut shape (e.g. an oval), over the embossing folder and you should have your piece of card embossed with a blank oval in the embossing. You can then added the positive die cut shape which you can then emboss over the blank. IYSWIM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEbGqao5Gcw&feature=related

Ger
03-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Cuttlebug just arrived! Woohoo! I feel an all-night crafting session coming on - if I can just lay off the wine this evening!

Ger x.

budgie
03-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Cuttlebug just arrived! Woohoo! I feel an all-night crafting session coming on - if I can just lay off the wine this evening!

Ger x.

Have fun Ger!

Ger
03-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh I will! Whichever way I go!!!!

Ger x.

CleverCut
03-09-2010, 09:46 PM
I have been blamed for a friends 12 year old using up all the toilet roll with their cuttlebug...

budgie
04-09-2010, 07:51 AM
I have been blamed for a friends 12 year old using up all the toilet roll with their cuttlebug...

oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:blush:

craftycat
04-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Interesting that adding a shim makes the embossing lighter. I have no problems with CB embossing folders and similar types but the one Embossibilities stencil I have (thin metal) needs a lot of shim added to get any result at all. Can't remember offhand what sandwich I use

kitty
04-09-2010, 08:32 PM

Ger x.

hehe, sounds like you might do some squiffy crafting!

Ger
04-09-2010, 09:05 PM
hehe, sounds like you might do some squiffy crafting!

Actualy no ..... I just got squiffy! :giggle:

Ger x.