PDA

View Full Version : House mouse stamps cheaper from here

lilac froggy Jan
18-09-2010, 03:01 PM
£7.99 and free postage.
http://www.btinternet.com/~martin.pawsey/html/house_mouse.html

I know the very latest aren't on there yet but I am sure they soon will be.

I recently got a cd from here and the delivery is prompt. The lady also puts a little thank you card in with the order:happy:

lilac froggy Jan
18-09-2010, 03:08 PM
They also sell U-mount stamps including those lovely animal safari ones . Again cheapest I have so far seen them at £8.50.

Good range of various popular stuff
http://www.btinternet.com/~martin.pawsey/index.html

Rentochops
18-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Wow thanks Jan, the prices are really good!

lizinbena
18-09-2010, 07:34 PM
There you go another U.k. only site. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Liz

kitten_with_claws
19-09-2010, 07:27 AM
I know you said you recently got a CD from there LFJ but looks well dodgy to me - there are no contact details (other than an email), no business address or registration details (surely a legal requirement?), no T&Cs & they only take PayPal as a payment method.....? :wonder:
(Yes, I am bl**dy paranoid, you have to be these days.....! lol)

Dips
19-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I know you said you recently got a CD from there LFJ but looks well dodgy to me - there are no contact details (other than an email), no business address or registration details (surely a legal requirement?), no T&Cs & they only take PayPal as a payment method.....? :wonder:
(Yes, I am bl**dy paranoid, you have to be these days.....! lol)

I'm not sure if the correct word is dodgy, more like naive - if you pay with paypal then you will get paypal buyer protection, which I've always found to err on the side of the buyer not the seller (ie I have benefited as a buyer and been completely ripped off as a seller!)

kitten_with_claws
19-09-2010, 07:47 AM
I'm not sure if the correct word is dodgy, more like naive - if you pay with paypal then you will get paypal buyer protection, which I've always found to err on the side of the buyer not the seller (ie I have benefited as a buyer and been completely ripped off as a seller!)

Absolutely Dips (& I'm a huge PayPal fan, even though they're a bit poo sometimes! lol) & I totally agree with you....IF......you really are paying via PayPal (it's only a logo after all!) & not being directed elsewhere really realising it - the no details & PayPal only together do somewhat invoke a red flag response I have to say......sorry, paranoid or not, they just do! Just not reassured by the total lack of any info on the site in general?

craftycat
19-09-2010, 08:05 AM
I'm another one who feels a bit wary having read through the general information (or lack of it!) Think I will stick with Joanna

Just had a wobbly with C&C site - my address is correct there - as I couldn't delete credit card info. Then I realised it didn't matter as the card shown is out of date anyway. As I won't be ordering from there I natch won't be adding new card details. Waffle Waffle.

Dips
19-09-2010, 08:16 AM
If you are looking for a lower price on House Mouse, I've bought my stamps from this Ebay Seller (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kezzbudd-Craftz) and can highly recommend her, the stamps arrived super quick and she has 100% positive feedback. HTH!

lilac froggy Jan
19-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Oh dear. :(

I was told by trading standards amongst my dealing with them concerning the ultimate well dodgy duo, that although an email address is a requirement with a selling website, a phone number isn't.

The pay pal emails I received were genuine enough. It isn't a payment method I am keen on.Who knows who is genuine these days anyway. There are plenty of dodgy ebay sellers out there.

Rentochops
19-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Quite a lot of sites don't have a phone number - try finding one for Madaboutcards and they aren't small, but it is odd there is no address or other details, saying that Papal withdraw their services from sites where they get problems I believe.

What is extra odd though is that the website has no name!!

Dips
19-09-2010, 01:04 PM
Quite a lot of sites don't have a phone number - try finding one for Madaboutcards and they aren't small, but it is odd there is no address or other details, saying that Papal withdraw their services from sites where they get problems I believe.

What is extra odd though is that the website has no name!!

It's a hosted service done on the cheap rather than a proper website. It appears to be a small cottage industry, just someone try to make a bit of extra money rather than a full blown business.

fabyon
19-09-2010, 01:34 PM
It's probably a genuine site but it doesn't wow you with professionalism when they can't be even asked to buy a domain name and hosting solution instead of using BTinternet freebie hosting with their broadband account. I haven't read all the thread though, have you ordered from them before Jan ?

Jean G
19-09-2010, 04:19 PM
I have just purchased the latest House Mouse Stamps from Ebay. Someone is selling the whole Summer or Autum collection for £28.95 each set of four free p+p. Or they are selling them indiviual at £8 each

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEGA-BUY-House-Mouse-SUMMER-Rubber-Stamps-ALL-4-DESIGNS-/140455757452?pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item20b3d0c68c

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kezzbudd-Craftz

I think I bought the last Autum set but they will probaly put some more up they still have them seperatly.
Hope this is of help.
Jean G

rembrandt
20-09-2010, 03:37 AM
There you go another U.k. only site. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Liz

Guess you just answered my question, Liz!

lilac froggy Jan
20-09-2010, 11:31 AM
Was the first time I ordered from them Fab.
I have emailed the lady asking about business address etc.

Dips
20-09-2010, 11:52 AM
That's the same seller as I referred to in my message. She proved to be very reliable.

I have just purchased the latest House Mouse Stamps from Ebay. Someone is selling the whole Summer or Autum collection for £28.95 each set of four free p+p. Or they are selling them indiviual at £8 each

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MEGA-BUY-House-Mouse-SUMMER-Rubber-Stamps-ALL-4-DESIGNS-/140455757452?pt=UK_Crafts_RubberStamping_RL&hash=item20b3d0c68c

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Kezzbudd-Craftz

I think I bought the last Autum set but they will probaly put some more up they still have them seperatly.
Hope this is of help.
Jean G

Jean G
20-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Dibs
Sorry I didn't notice your post about buying from Ebay first time I read this thread. I'm glad the seller is reliable. I've spent to much, but least I've made a good saving. Cannot wait now for them to arrive.
Happy Crafting Jean G

lilac froggy Jan
21-09-2010, 08:37 PM
Had a lovely reply to my email from the site owner. She explained that she works from home which I did wonder. Working around her daughter with school etc. She is a genuine seller with genuine suppliers She says she was worried about local people seeing her address and then going to her house asking to look at things as she would feel awkward telling them they couldn't come in as she doesn't like want strangers in her house.

She says as we already know, paypal has the protection policy. Also she has regular customers from EBay who go back to her time and time again, but some don't buy from her website. But whether they buy from one or the other or both, it is the same lady selling the stuff.

She says she is very happy to supply her contact details to anyone requesting via email. She added her phone number at the end of my email.

lilac froggy Jan
21-09-2010, 09:04 PM
I have found this lady on Ebay as I also found her address on another site and on a search engine and it's the same location.
I am more than happy she is fully genuine.

SarahT
21-09-2010, 09:09 PM
Hi, this is the first time i've posted on this forum but been reading it for a while.

Just wanted to say that I actually ordered some stamps from this lady's website on saturday and they arrived today! Which I think is great service especially as the p&p is free.

sam
21-09-2010, 09:21 PM
:hi:Hello SarahT

lilac froggy Jan
21-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Hi Sarah and welcome.
Yes very prompt service.

jenty
21-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Hi Sarah, the first of many posts, I hope!

Welcome to the forum.

Winspiration
21-09-2010, 10:13 PM
Had a lovely reply to my email from the site owner. She explained that she works from home which I did wonder. Working around her daughter with school etc. She is a genuine seller with genuine suppliers She says she was worried about local people seeing her address and then going to her house asking to look at things as she would feel awkward telling them they couldn't come in as she doesn't like want strangers in her house.

She says as we already know, paypal has the protection policy. Also she has regular customers from EBay who go back to her time and time again, but some don't buy from her website. But whether they buy from one or the other or both, it is the same lady selling the stuff.

She says she is very happy to supply her contact details to anyone requesting via email. She added her phone number at the end of my email.

It is actually a legal requirement (under the Distance Selling Regulations (http://www.oft.gov.uk/about-the-oft/legal-powers/legal/distance-selling-regulations/) and enforceable by local trading standards offices) for businesses selling on the web and requiring payment in advance to provide both a geographical address & email address (and other information about the ordering process and returns). Even eBay listings require a geographical address for business sellers - assuming of course that she is registered as a business seller on ebay :thinking:.

Working from home (as many of us do!) isn't a valid legal excuse for not providing the information, and all she has to do if she is concerned about personal callers is to explain in her terms and conditions that she doesn't offer that service :wink:

lilac froggy Jan
23-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I passed on your advice Win and Teresa (the lady who runs the site) has now added her address and phone number on her website's contact page. She read the regulations in depth and discovered that you were correct. Thank you. She also says that she is thinking carefully how to word her returns policy that will also be added to the site.

I am pleased she has reviewed all this as she is genuine and it would have been awful and a shame if someone else had noted the lack of details and reported her without contacting her first.

craftycat
23-09-2010, 03:29 PM
really is good that the lady could have been helped. It isn't that we don't trust people but when some folks have been let down by Create and Craft plus the whole tubby twosome scenario even the best of suppliers is treated with caution.

kitty
23-09-2010, 03:55 PM
really is good that the lady could have been helped. It isn't that we don't trust people but when some folks have been let down by Create and Craft plus the whole tubby twosome scenario even the best of suppliers is treated with caution.

I will use the website, it looks great. I lmao at the tubby twosome bit!

lilac froggy Jan
23-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Completely understand what you say craftycat. And don't I know where the tweedle twins are concerned :(

I fully recommend the site Kitty. I will be using it again shortly.