PDA

View Full Version : If I had a £.....

JanTheNan
28-09-2010, 12:30 PM
For every time Lottie has said B A S I C A L L Y in the one p.m. hour I could buy everything in the show, she is driving me insane.
Can you tell 'that' word is my pet hate?

craftycat
28-09-2010, 12:41 PM
My pet hate always seems to be whatever is the favoured expression/word of the last presenter I watched!

JanTheNan
28-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Scrub what I said in the earlier post, I could buy everything on during the whole day, if I didn't want to hear what Tina was saying I'd press the mute button.

With Howard it's 'giving you', grrrrrr, you're not giving me anything I'm paying for it.

cattycrafter
28-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm afraid I watch very little craft TV as they all drive me mad. If there is something particular I want to see I Sky + it and fast forward the bits I don't want to watch. Don't know the name of the chappie that was on this morning. He was a tall chappie and doesn't seem to be interested in or know very much about crafts.

JanTheNan
28-09-2010, 12:56 PM
That was possibly Howard Cattycrafter.

CraftyK
28-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Sorry - but Steph is driving me mad with "I M A G I N E" - during the MS punches hour :mysmilie_11:

craftycat
28-09-2010, 05:58 PM
At least we haven't had Loen saying GAAAAAWGEEEEUUUUSS today. Or have we?

Must admit I've only put the TV one once or twice during the day and found nothing of interest to watch. Having much more fun actually making cards!

Rentochops
28-09-2010, 06:04 PM
basically I think it it easy to run out of words on live TV, I couldn't do it!

budgie
28-09-2010, 06:28 PM
I think there would be long silences if I was trying to do it, cos I would be rubbish at gushing over stuff I didn't like, and you can't say that you don't like it and you think it is a pile of pants! Well not if you want to keep your job anyway.

hobbit
28-09-2010, 08:50 PM
But was it a stunnin' lickle fairy??? I always ending up muting Leonie because I have to count the lickles. It would be a great drinking game...

I had to turn Stephanie off tonight because she and the blonde woman whose name I've forgotten were driving me nuts!

Oh! Edited to add: Doesn't it drive you mad when they say it's only..... xxx but completely discount the postage! Not so bad now it is only £2.99, but it really got my goat when you had to add £4.99 onto everything. Especially when the goods weren't much more.

Rentochops
28-09-2010, 08:54 PM
But was it a stunnin' lickle fairy??? I always ending up muting Leonie because I have to count the lickles. It would be a great drinking game...

I had to turn Stephanie off tonight because she and the blonde woman whose name I've forgotten were driving me nuts!

Oh! Edited to add: Doesn't it drive you mad when they say it's only..... xxx but completely discount the postage! Not so bad now it is only £2.99, but it really got my goat when you had to add £4.99 onto everything. Especially when the goods weren't much more.

Steph goes into hard sell mode for the POTD, but whatever we say - it is a shopping channel and they are only doing their jobs.

alwayscrafting
28-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Didn't watch any TV at all today, and only recorded the Hobby Art hour with jenny mayes.

I have been watching Youtube demo's instead and picking up tips and techniques for things I have, makes a change from watching things I want. And don't really need :mysmilie_506:

Even the free p&p didn't tempt me.........arren't I good?:mysmilie_50:

Rentochops
28-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Didn't watch any TV at all today, and only recorded the Hobby Art hour with jenny mayes.

I have been watching Youtube demo's instead and picking up tips and techniques for things I have, makes a change from watching things I want. And don't really need :mysmilie_506:

You deserve a halo with so much craft on TV, even being at work I am not immune!

alwayscrafting
28-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks for the offer of the halo!, just because I watched youtube instead of the TV didn't stop me making a list of things I must have and to get my little crafty mitts on as soon as possible! so I'm not really good after all :mysmilie_5:

Granny Penny
28-09-2010, 09:57 PM
I think there would be long silences if I was trying to do it, cos I would be rubbish at gushing over stuff I didn't like, and you can't say that you don't like it and you think it is a pile of pants! Well not if you want to keep your job anyway.

I agree Budgie. I often wonder what would annoy the watching public if I was to do it. Firstly, as you say, there would be long pauses but I'm sure you would get hooked on an expression just to keep being positive.

Karriepie
29-09-2010, 12:54 AM
Absolutely exquisite... This is the busiest point of the hour... very busy on the phone lines and web... 5% of the stock has gone... and I nearly choked on my cup of tea earlier when Lottie was talking about her collection of stinky rubbers!!

kitten_with_claws
29-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Absolutely exquisite... This is the busiest point of the hour... very busy on the phone lines and web... 5% of the stock has gone... and I nearly choked on my cup of tea earlier when Lottie was talking about her collection of stinky rubbers!!

Thank goodness I missed hearing her say that or the residents of Chez Kitten would still be wiping my cup of tea off the walls & ceiling.........always hilarious when the poor peeps say stuff their ickle brains clearly haven't had time to process as suitable for blurting out on live TV first......!
:mysmilie_507:

kitten_with_claws
29-09-2010, 06:55 AM
Whilst I appreciate (as ROC pointed out!) that the presenters are only doing their job, one who did annoy me (intensely!) recently was ruddy Howard babbling on about the 'don't forget to check out your baskets!' & 'you only have 10 minutes to check out!' & '....or we will bump the item out for the waiting phone people....!'.......arrgghh, shut up Howard FGS, enough already.......!

This was on one of the free p&p shows, so fair enough, no reason for folk to not check out items individually as you didn't need to add other things to qualify for the one postage rate but he went on....& on.....& on about it, to the point of wanting to reach through the TV & throttle him.....! LOL

budgie
29-09-2010, 07:15 AM

Wot a swot!!! I am afraid I was tempted a few times.

craftycat
29-09-2010, 07:35 AM
Am I a good girl cos I didn't even watch C&C yesterday? Well one quick lurk and Steph was so hyper I turned off again. Even missed the repeat of Joanna Sheen products, with the other demonstrator, earlier in the week as I was helping my cat chase mice (that is what she thought anyway) for half the evening then erm forgot to stay up late!

Sue
29-09-2010, 09:55 AM
Whilst I appreciate (as ROC pointed out!) that the presenters are only doing their job, one who did annoy me (intensely!) recently was ruddy Howard babbling on about the 'don't forget to check out your baskets!' & 'you only have 10 minutes to check out!' & '....or we will bump the item out for the waiting phone people....!'.......arrgghh, shut up Howard FGS, enough already.......!

I turn off as soon as Howard comes on, cos he drives me (even further) up the wall. :angry: Does he still keep saying "What I want to do now....." umpteen bleepin' times? :headbang: It's beyond me how anyone can tolerate him at all.

kitten_with_claws
29-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I turn off as soon as Howard comes on, cos he drives me (even further) up the wall. :angry: Does he still keep saying "What I want to do now....." umpteen bleepin' times? :headbang: It's beyond me how anyone can tolerate him at all.

Basically.......yes! I forgot about that bit, yeah, that's flippin' irritating too, I agree.....definitely!

keiko1
29-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Stef's constantly putting K on a word ending with ING or a T
grow up woman

Sue
29-09-2010, 11:59 AM
Does anyone remember Carla? I wish Ideal World had kept her on and got rid of Howard, but apparently Carla and Dean went on the basis of "last in-first out". Incidentally, I was possibly the only viewer who wasn't sad to see Dean go as he seemed to be all ego and wanting the show to be all about him.

JanTheNan
29-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Carla now does Tignanello on QVC, which, incidentally (sorry if you already know this Sue) has Today's Special Value.

craftycat
29-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Stef's constantly putting K on a word ending with ING or a T
grow up woman

If I do watch I keep yelling "ing" at the screen. Yes, hate it!!!!!!

budgie
29-09-2010, 03:03 PM
ahh but Howard likes to be honest .....................

sam
29-09-2010, 05:04 PM
I've seen references to Dean a few times on this forum but I just can't place him - when was he on? I do remember Carla.

rembrandt
30-09-2010, 10:26 AM
Reading threads like this makes it all bearable...what a wonderful way to start my day - with a good laugh! Thanks all!!

lilac froggy Jan
30-09-2010, 09:44 PM
I agree about Dean sue. I liked carla but would rather she replace Lottie not Howard. Still can't stand her.
I have an artist trading card Carla once sent me.

suban
04-10-2010, 06:58 PM
If 20% have sold out - then by my maths 80% are left - so why the percentage sales every time it clocks up another per cent?????

Happened this afternoon with Dennice!!!!!

lilac froggy Jan
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
It amused me the other day with mcs potd. Kept coming on screen how many they had sold. For what purpose was that?

I don't mind Howard. I disagree that he isn't interested. He seems interested enough to me. I sometimes think he rushes a bit too much. Spends so much time telling his little stories about celebs he has met then loses track with what he is selling. Thus tries to catch up and gets a bit muddled.

suban
08-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh Mr Woolite - just wish he wouldn't keep laughing at his own jokes!

keiko1
11-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Poor Howard is becoming "son of Martyn" :)

suban
11-10-2010, 05:40 PM
Poor Howard is becoming "son of Martyn" :)

Poor Martyn! Sorry but at times I prefer Martyn ............... heck he laughs at his own jokes as well ........................... oh no you're right he has morphed!