PDA

View Full Version : Crafters' Comp flower fairy cd rom ruined by numbers ON the fairies

lynnieb
01-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Crafters' Comp Fairy cd rom is ruined by the fact they put bl,iddy big numbes ON the fairies in the decoupage sectioin. What if I don't want to 'page them? Couldn't they have just put the numbers next to them? I like the felexibility a cd rom gives me, but in this case, cos i can't get rid of the numbers, I have to do what they want.Silly and huge shame

Lioness
01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
You're right. They drive me nuts too, as do the faint grey lines which show the outline of where you should place your next layer! I no longer buy any of the CC cds because of this. I also would prefer the flexibility to use some of those images as toppers, but you can't because of those stupid numbers.

craftycat
02-10-2010, 07:58 AM
I was so excited when CC brought out the Flower Fairies range. Then the first one had a problem with parts of images not printing. I solved that one with the help of folks on this forum. So, sent off for the next one and was horribly disappointed. Very small range of options and the numbers/grey lines on the images totally wrecked any options of doing a different sort of card. That CD didn't last long.

Really wish CC would get their act together cos then came the Beatrix Potter hooha!. I know a lot of us complained about these various problems but CC don't seem to listen.

lilac froggy Jan
03-10-2010, 02:29 AM
I import graphics from cds into scrapbook artist a lot of the time and do what I want with them then. I know what you mean about the lines and numbers though. I'm not that keen on some of them in the pyramage etc section anyway. The numbers aren't on the pictures in the actual decoupage sheet . Made some pretty tags using the ACT sheets.

craftycat
03-10-2010, 06:19 AM
I import graphics from cds into scrapbook artist a lot of the time and do what I want with them then. I know what you mean about the lines and numbers though. I'm not that keen on some of them in the pyramage etc section anyway. The numbers aren't on the pictures in the actual decoupage sheet . Made some pretty tags using the ACT sheets.

the numbers and horrid grey lines were both there when I printed the sheets off from my CD. What is worse the grey lines showed in the finished card however hard I tried to cover them! Also not helped by the fact I don't like pyramage but wanted single layers

budgie
03-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Just had a thought. If we are so thick that we can't tell which one is smaller than the last one, we probably wouldn't be able to count either, so what is the point of numbers? Even my 2 year old GD knows if one is smaller than another!

narilla
03-10-2010, 08:53 AM
Thanks for the info ... I absolutely adore the Flower Fairies and have been umming and ahhing about whether or not to get these for ages ... other half finally said he would get 'some' for my birthday ... so off to order I go, and then saw this thread .... order cancelled, as I deffo do not want anything on my decoupage except the actual picture.

I know there will be folk out there who haven't done decoupage before, but, honestly, numbering on the actual picture, and a guideline for layer placement?? Talk about the KISS method of crafting :mysmilie_854:

craftycat
03-10-2010, 10:05 AM
Narilla, it is only the Christmas CD that has the stupid grey lines and numbers on the images. Unless I just haven't found those pages on the other CDs yet!

keiko1
04-10-2010, 11:58 AM
The numbers were put on because some people couldn't figure out which layers to put on first!!!!
But if you have any complaint wouldn';t it be best to notify the company and let them know, they can then sort out something else.
we have the cd's but dont do invetarge, decouparge etc as no one we do cards for like them....

lilac froggy Jan
08-10-2010, 11:41 AM
The decoupage has the layer numbers next to the graphic. Wonder why they didn't do that with the pyramage etc.

You could trim round the lines because it wouldn't interfere with the actual finished picture. Just match it up by eye.

craftycat
08-10-2010, 04:26 PM
The decoupage has the layer numbers next to the graphic. Wonder why they didn't do that with the pyramage etc.

You could trim round the lines because it wouldn't interfere with the actual finished picture. Just match it up by eye.

You can't actually trim round the lines as they are printed on the lower layer and that is what shows up on the pyramage.:angry:

Not that I care any more as I ditched the thing.

craftycat
08-10-2010, 04:28 PM
The numbers were put on because some people couldn't figure out which layers to put on first!!!!
But if you have any complaint wouldn';t it be best to notify the company and let them know, they can then sort out something else.
we have the cd's but dont do invetarge, decouparge etc as no one we do cards for like them....

guess what Keiko, yet another email from me that was ignored! Not even a "thank you for your email"