PDA

View Full Version : C & C club free gift

darwin
06-10-2010, 01:32 AM
Well my idea that they were waiting for the beginning of October to bring out the new 'free gift', was wrong. There is still no new one on the site. Must admit to being disappointed that they have not put a new on by now.
Darwin

craftycat
06-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Doesn't surprise me one bit. When I did belong to the C&C club the free gifts were very irregular and just so happened that I didn't want any of them when they were offered.

Vic_W
06-10-2010, 08:45 AM
I only got the xyron sticker maker. Still got a couple, come in very handy

Little Jan
06-10-2010, 10:44 AM
I found it odd that the C&C club freebies were also available to buy for non members,I am not a memeber but got the xyron sticker maker for the price that the members got it at, members got it free paying the p&p I got if for the p&p price with free P&P.so much for memebrs specials LOL

keiko1
06-10-2010, 01:41 PM
can I ask a stupid question?
If these are free, why do you have to pay for postage. To me thats not a free gift..

suban
07-10-2010, 07:00 AM
I also noticed that if you placed your order by phone you either get charged the p&p or didn't. As in placing an order for 3 or more items with capped p&p then sometimes you can get the gift included with with order, otherwise you have to pay the P&P as they do it as a separate order.

Purplepig
07-10-2010, 09:26 AM
If you include the free gift in your order of three or more items, you do not pay separate p&p as it is included in the £6.99 multi-line p&p charge - if you are charged any extra :doh: you are entitled to a refund.

rembrandt
07-10-2010, 01:51 PM
When I first started watching C&C, I thought it would be really neat to be in the "club" - the magazine especially sounded great -
BUT- paying ONLY P&P isn't all that great when the P&P to where you live is approx. $25!! Yikes!! I doubt very much if any "free"
gift would be worth it to me! 10% off sure doesn't mean much when you're being socked for postage! I'll stick with Joanna Sheen
and selected others - free postage sounds much better!!

suban
07-10-2010, 04:45 PM
If you include the free gift in your order of three or more items, you do not pay separate p&p as it is included in the £6.99 multi-line p&p charge - if you are charged any extra :doh: you are entitled to a refund.

:handshake: Thanks. They should tell their call centres then. I'm going to go through my account now as I know my last "gift" was done as a separate order and so has another one.

:wonder:

keiko1
08-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I have noticed that the Win24 is now £11.95 not £8.95 as before, I was trying to find out who was on this morning before leaving for work and noticed it had gone up...

Purplepig
08-10-2010, 10:06 AM
:handshake: Thanks. They should tell their call centres then. I'm going to go through my account now as I know my last "gift" was done as a separate order and so has another one.

:wonder:

It's not just the call centre who get it wrong; I had a lengthy lecture from one of the dedicated CS team members on why I was being charged seperate postage despite having previously been told that it should be inclusive. I did a thread about it:

http://www.crafttelly.com/forum/showthread.php?4946-quot-Oversight-quot-regarding-Free-Gift-P-amp-P!

- see #22

... whether you get an 'extra' charge is very hit and miss in my experience :sad:

suban
08-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I have noticed that the Win24 is now £11.95 not £8.95 as before, I was trying to find out who was on this morning before leaving for work and noticed it had gone up...

Originally they said that the £8.95 wasspecial promotion price, but does this mean that those already signed up will have to pay an extra £3.00 a month?