PDA

View Full Version : Craft Robo Lite - what do you think?

jenty
02-11-2010, 10:34 PM
I have been looking at Craft Robo and Craft Robo Lite and wondered what experience you clever crafters have had of either of them? If I went for the Lite, would I be missing out on much? I've been trying to research these machines but don't understand what is meant by 'registration mark' that can't be read by the Lite. It looked as though I would be able to use my own designs and cut them out but can't get my head round it all. I thought maybe I would ask the experts to enlighten me, please!

vampyre
02-11-2010, 11:07 PM
The registration marks pertain to a feature known as print and cut. The marks are near the corners of the page and the image(s) you want to use need to be within these. The machine uses the marks to align the paper so it cuts accurately. The robo lite hasn't got the sensor and therefore can't read the marks so no print and cut there.
I love my robo, I use it with Make the Cut software(recently updated and fantastic) and the Silhouette studio program (which is free) which are great.
I love love love the ecraft machine but as of yet you can't use it with MTC and the supplied software is unspeakably bad so I'd ignore it for the moment.

jenty
03-11-2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks for enlightening me. What exactly can the Robo Lite do, then?

JanTheNan
03-11-2010, 09:22 AM
My friend has recently bought the eCraft, haven't been over to see it in action as yet.

Granny Penny
03-11-2010, 09:44 AM
I looked at the Craft Robo and the Robo Lite before. From what I gathered the Robo light will cut but not colour. The sensor is only on the Craft Robo and senses the registration marks so it can cut what has been drawn. The upside of this for the Robo Lite is that the sensor is the most sensitive bit of the Craft Robo and is therefore the bit that will cause problems if anything does (although I did not get the impression that this is a huge problem). I am still tempted by this as I do not want to by a machine that I have to get cartridges for but would rather run one from my computer and this seems to fit the bill. There is a craft Robo forum on UK Scrappers which may be worth lurking on to see if you can get more information.

genierose
03-11-2010, 01:43 PM
Hi Jenty, I've had a craft robo lite for a couple of years now and love it! You can actually do something called a "reverse print & cut" on the lite which doesn't need the sensor which is included with the pricier machine. There's all sorts of tutorials and information over on UKScrappers - they're a great bunch of people, and the Craft Robo special forum on there is actually run by Graphtec who manufacture the machines. HTH

jenty
03-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Thanks - I knew I would be able to get some useful advice on here. I feel like I have been going round in circles up until now!