PDA

View Full Version : Ok enough with flogging the Magic bow set!

Rentochops
10-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Every show these bows are on I've seen them in previous years on IW!

They must have a shed load!

http://www.createandcraft.tv/100_Piece_Magic_Bow_Set_Plus_100_Pieces_Free_15291 4.aspx?p=1

cmazza
10-11-2010, 10:38 PM
I hate those bows.

Rentochops
10-11-2010, 10:48 PM
I hate those bows.

they are rubbish I agree!

Granny Penny
10-11-2010, 10:51 PM
I would take bets on them going on right up to Christmas and then ... "Why not by them ready for next year":mysmilie_503:

Rentochops
10-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I would take bets on them going on right up to Christmas and then ... "Why not by them ready for next year":mysmilie_503:

yup I am sure they were in last year's IW sale, I think they left us crafters alone last year and flogged them on the IW Christmas shows!:thinking:

craftycat
11-11-2010, 07:58 AM
And of course we are all going to have to buy another kit for next year. As Steph (I think) so helpfully pointed out, the made up bows get crumpled and spoilt when stored in a drawer or box.

suban
11-11-2010, 09:56 AM
How many presents do they think I buy????? By next Christmas (and the one after, and the one after that) the remains of this year's bows will have got discoloured and dusty!!!!!

Little Jan
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
Now I know why delivers are so slow there's no room in the warehouse for stock as they are bogged down with the bogof bows

I now have visions of that yeti on the widows add. you know you buy one you get one free, wish he would bogoff

tru-ella
11-11-2010, 10:47 AM
makes me laugh every time they say if you were buying that amount of bows in the shop it would cost well over £200.00. Please, give us some credit

Wellington
11-11-2010, 11:41 AM
And of course we are all going to have to buy another kit for next year. As Steph (I think) so helpfully pointed out, the made up bows get crumpled and spoilt when stored in a drawer or box.

???? But when I see them flogged I'm told they'r re-usable cos you can straighten them out. In fact I almost baught them due to this very reason...NOT!!!!!!

Do you think they could at least sing from the same hymn sheet when it comes to spiel!

kitten_with_claws
11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
I have somehow managed to miss (been spared?) seeing these, I will have to look out for them now! LOL

suban
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Oh Kitten - you really should see them - they are soooooooooooo classy! NOT!

Heck I bought some stick on bows and ribbons from Poundland last year. Sufficient for my needs, and metallic. They didn't crush easily and looked very smart, plus I could use them all year round.

keiko1
11-11-2010, 12:58 PM
I don't put bows on pressies as it all get thrown away. (unless the wrappings are nice then I'll recycle it)
I remember seeing these bow things years ago on QVC, didn't like them then.
Lets have a corner for all the things we are fed up seeing....Cricut Imagine, cake, magic bows,

budgie
11-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Don't know about a corner, we need a bliddy big hole to drop them in!

suban
11-11-2010, 03:54 PM

I'm with you there - can we add Jinger to the pile - she was with the Cake today AAAARRRGGGHHH. Also the flaming knitting machine!!!!

Also sick of seeing the "Advent" cards - they were for Great Ormond St. OK for kids to make, but otherwise nope!!!!

Little Jan
11-11-2010, 03:56 PM

maybe we could use the same one royal mail uses for our missing post

kitten_with_claws
11-11-2010, 04:03 PM

A sort of crafting Room 101? LOL

maybe we could use the same one royal mail uses for our missing post

Even cheaper......& even less chance of reappearing! LOL

suban
11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
Crafting Room 101 - now that's a whole different thread!!!

craftycat
11-11-2010, 04:06 PM
I have somehow managed to miss (been spared?) seeing these, I will have to look out for them now! LOL

Spare yourself the suffering KWC

I have one huge problem about using bows. I don't actually buy many Christmas presents. Adults in the family have money transferred to their bank account. Twould look a bit silly if I tried to send bows as well. I know the internet is clever but it ain't that clever. Only send gifts to one or two children who are distant relatives (in terms of miles and family links) so they tend to get vouchers.

Only pressies bought are what we call Father Christmas ones. Normally a carrier bag (pretty one) with a whole load of silly fun things in it. Sooooooo, don't really need a whole stack of naff ribbon to make a lot of naff bows. Yah boo humbug!!!!!

suban
11-11-2010, 04:10 PM
No it's not bah humbug! It's naff when the bow is bigger than the pressie!!!!

kitten_with_claws
11-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Only pressies bought are what we call Father Christmas ones. Normally a carrier bag (pretty one) with a whole load of silly fun things in it. Sooooooo, don't really need a whole stack of naff ribbon to make a lot of naff bows. Yah boo humbug!!!!!

What we used to call 'isms'? Small extras, stocking fillers, fun frivolous little gifts - I believe the Queen & co. dish out such things to their immediate family too actually! LOL
I love 'isms' & when the children were younger they were a godsend, as small children tend to go for quantity not quality & would rather have 1 big pressie & numerous small ones under the tree than 2 big ones! LOL

Little Jan
11-11-2010, 04:49 PM
No it's not bah humbug! It's naff when the bow is bigger than the pressie!!!!

Not naff if the large bow is on box containing a small diamond ring LOL

craftycat
11-11-2010, 05:53 PM
What we used to call 'isms'? Small extras, stocking fillers, fun frivolous little gifts - I believe the Queen & co. dish out such things to their immediate family too actually! LOL
I love 'isms' & when the children were younger they were a godsend, as small children tend to go for quantity not quality & would rather have 1 big pressie & numerous small ones under the tree than 2 big ones! LOL

the good thing about the "isms" or whatever a family calls them, is the amount of fun and pleasure they give. Last year, one of the "isms" "father Christmas" presents I bought my son was a used, out of print copy of a cookery book called "Mighty Mince". My original version had fallen apart after about 40 years of good use. As he said, the book has the best meatball recipe - ever.

Didn't need a bow on that present to make it look good!

rembrandt
12-11-2010, 10:17 PM
:mysmilie_867:
I almost fell off of my rolling chair I was laughing so hard - imagining (there's that word again!!!) dropping Jinger AND Christie (both of them PLEASE) into a very large
hole, and then, as they are all dazed and confused, covering them with hundreds and hundreds of nasty bows! And some fondant...and gum paste!!!
:mysmilie_17:

craftycat
13-11-2010, 07:27 AM
:mysmilie_867:
I almost fell off of my rolling chair I was laughing so hard - imagining (there's that word again!!!) dropping Jinger AND Christie (both of them PLEASE) into a very large
hole, and then, as they are all dazed and confused, covering them with hundreds and hundreds of nasty bows! And some fondant...and gum paste!!!
:mysmilie_17:

so you would "gladly pay" for that then!!!

Shepherdess
13-11-2010, 02:24 PM
I got a huge pile of those bows free with something I bought about 3 or 4 years ago, I had thought about trying to get rid of them on here as you all love them so much, but I don't want you all fighting over them, so I might have a go at pulling them apart to see if I can get some use out of them.

narilla
13-11-2010, 04:23 PM
While I agree that they are flogging the bows to death, I have just ordered my third lot:mysmilie_847:

I don't like them personally (esp. the yellow ones with red hearts:puke:), but I took them to the little market where I sell my cards and jewellery, intending - as they were so cheap - to use them to decorate the boxes of jewellery purchases. So I get them out and construct a couple .... and almost get mown down in the rush of people wanting to buy them (though not the yellow ones with the red hearts:mysmilie_61:)

Suffice it to say that I made a profit on them - which, like all my profits, goes to my favourite charities - so my charities are happy, my customers are happy and I am happy ..... and while I really appreciate that they are not everyone's cup of tea, I hope C&C have them for a bit longer :happy:

craftycat
13-11-2010, 06:04 PM
I got a huge pile of those bows free with something I bought about 3 or 4 years ago, I had thought about trying to get rid of them on here as you all love them so much, but I don't want you all fighting over them, so I might have a go at pulling them apart to see if I can get some use out of them.

Don't know if German Shepherds would deign to become involved but my two little kittens think that bows and the like are especially designed for them to trash.:blush:

Rentochops
13-11-2010, 10:56 PM
While I agree that they are flogging the bows to death, I have just ordered my third lot:mysmilie_847:

I don't like them personally (esp. the yellow ones with red hearts:puke:), but I took them to the little market where I sell my cards and jewellery, intending - as they were so cheap - to use them to decorate the boxes of jewellery purchases. So I get them out and construct a couple .... and almost get mown down in the rush of people wanting to buy them (though not the yellow ones with the red hearts:mysmilie_61:)

Suffice it to say that I made a profit on them - which, like all my profits, goes to my favourite charities - so my charities are happy, my customers are happy and I am happy ..... and while I really appreciate that they are not everyone's cup of tea, I hope C&C have them for a bit longer :happy:

Well that is good news Narilla, you never know what people are going to like to do you? TBH I started the thread cos I was fed up of the hard sell of them on every show - but if a charity makes money from them all the better I say! Well done to you.

LoobyLou
14-11-2010, 09:23 AM
There you go then Narilla. You buy up the remaining stocks. You will be happy, your chosen charity/charities will be happy and ROC will be ecstatic not to have to see them demoed ever again. Problem solved!

Shepherdess
14-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't know if German Shepherds would deign to become involved but my two little kittens think that bows and the like are especially designed for them to trash.:blush:

Hadn't thought of that, I bet they'd enjoy pulling them apart, especially one of my girls 'Scharna', she's in season at the moment and always goes back to the chewing stage when she's in season, it would be cheaper than what she normally chews which is carpet and vinyl flooring, thankfully the carpet she's been chewing is the piece in her bed and she hasn't touched the new vinyl we had put down, mainly I think because she can't find an edge, it must be her hormones that make her do it.

narilla
14-11-2010, 03:42 PM
There you go then Narilla. You buy up the remaining stocks. You will be happy, your chosen charity/charities will be happy and ROC will be ecstatic not to have to see them demoed ever again. Problem solved!

Errr, it's only a very small market, LoobyLou ...... and what would I do with all the leftover yellow ones with red hearts??:mysmilie_506:

I have placed another order (my fourth:mysmilie_854:) but think that will be my last - you can have too much of a good thing, you know, and I don't want to push my luck too far:grin:

craftycat
14-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Errr, it's only a very small market, LoobyLou ...... and what would I do with all the leftover yellow ones with red hearts??:mysmilie_506:

I have placed another order (my fourth:mysmilie_854:) but think that will be my last - you can have too much of a good thing, you know, and I don't want to push my luck too far:grin:

with the yellow ribbon with red hearts - decorate your craft stall? I make a lot of cards for charity, they are handed on for sale at the charity shops usually and must admit that I wouldn't give house room to some of the ones I make. We have to accept though that it is more important to find a style/product that actually sells rather than one which pampers to the refined idea of style a lot of us have.

ONLY JOKING GANG!!!!!!!

Rentochops
14-11-2010, 07:25 PM

Correctamundo Looby! :)

rembrandt
15-11-2010, 12:47 AM
ONLY JOKING GANG!!!!!!!

Thank goodness craftycat!! You had me real worried for awhile there!

craftycat
15-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Thank goodness craftycat!! You had me real worried for awhile there!

refined? Moi?