PDA

View Full Version : Might just have to get..........

juliet
24-11-2010, 10:24 AM
My dear Mother-in-Law is insisting as part of my Christmas present I have to choose a crafting CD Rom. Now - the new release from Joanna Sheen, Enchanted Dreams, this Sunday looks rather enticing!!! :tongue:
http://www.joannasheen.com/videos/a-look-inside-our-paper-craft-cdroms/a-look-inside-enchanted-dreams-cd-video/

craftycat
24-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! Probably the understatement of the century.

Definitely on my Christmas list! I could spend hours just looking at images like that, same with the Linda Ravenscroft CD

juliet
24-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Wasn't quite sure about the Linda Ravenscroft craftycat.......but as they say this one is a 'must have' for me!!! LOL

Princess4Wiz
24-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I've always loved Josephine Wall's artwork, and this CD looks a real beauty!

angela
24-11-2010, 12:43 PM
What a nice Mil you have, mine usually gives us a fiver to share! I told my mum that I was 'thinking' of getting an electronic die cutting machine with the £100 she's kindly giving me for xmas and she rolled her eyes! wish my family were as keen!!

juliet
24-11-2010, 01:24 PM
I've always loved Josephine Wall's artwork, and this CD looks a real beauty!

Princess - I have loved some of her work and it wasn't until I saw this CD that I realised it is has come from her creative talents!

What a nice Mil you have, mine usually gives us a fiver to share! I told my mum that I was 'thinking' of getting an electronic die cutting machine with the £100 she's kindly giving me for xmas and she rolled her eyes! wish my family were as keen!!
Angela I am blessed with a wonderful mother in law I have to admit. Generous, kind and thoughtful. At now 86 years old she is still strongly independent. Love her to bits! I am SO lucky!

Little Jan
20-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Hi can anyone who has purchased this cd help me out, I have many of Joannas cd's and they print without any problems.
When I bring up the image the colour is vibarat and has great depth, but when I print it the colour is alot paler and the depth seems lost, I only use top quality paper(stolen from my husbands stash) but shhhh , I have even tried top quality glossy photo paper but the images do not print like they show on Joannas samples,I have new hp colour & black ink cartridges have tried calabrating them but the print is still not what I was expecting, I have a Hp 4380 all in one printer, I have noticed there are quite a few of these cds going for £6.00 on ebay so could this be why.Or is it my printer.
I have drooled over this cd for a while and thoguht I'd spend some of my Christmas money, now I am wondering if I wasted my dosh:sad:

juliet
20-01-2011, 03:17 PM
Little Jan - I have yet to try this CD out! I am just about finished on my current project then intend to give it a go.
Will let you know what I think!

LoobyLou
20-01-2011, 04:14 PM
I haven't tried mine out either as my printer is low on a couple of tanks at the moment

craftycat
20-01-2011, 04:27 PM
I've only printed off a few pieces on basic white card so far but can't say I'd noticed the colour was pale. I think when Joanna uses the glossy paper she also uses something like a photo setting for printing. Tend not to play about with print settings as I'm not sure what I am doing!

Little Jan
20-01-2011, 06:02 PM
I always change my setting to match paper and also use the best print setting, but the prints are not as vibrant as what you see on screen, maybe its just me

With regards to printer setting is easy, just click what ever paper you are using.I am useless when it comes to anything teccy but I manage this ok LOL
although it took me 2 years to work out copy and paste LOL

juliet
20-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Little Jan - have just printed off one of the shaped cards.
Just used normal setting and the saturation is just spendid for me!
Love the images even more now I see them printed out.
I only use best print occasionally as tbh there is only a slight difference between normal and best on this printer.
Mines a similar printer to yours HP all in one.
Don't know if that is of any help to you!
Why don't we do a swap - I'll send you mine - you send me yours and we'll compare!
Then you will know if there is any difference and I'll see if I'm easily pleased!
Just P.M. if you like!

Little Jan
21-01-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Juliet
Thanks for the reply and offer of help
daughter thinks its the printer or the new ink as things I printed out last week were fine I tried a diff cd and that was not right either, she has just got a new printer so will try in on hers,she said that aparently there was problem with some of the hp inks a while back and wonders if I have one of the old ones, Claire only just got them for me as part of my Christmas gift so if that the case she will be contacting the supplier.