PDA

View Full Version : miffed TSV is jolly nation

lynnieb
13-10-2008, 08:36 AM
i really hate the range. Can't we have some grungy Tim Holtz for a change?

Pam
13-10-2008, 09:17 AM
I don't like it either, the animal ones aren't quite as bad as the rest though IMO. lol

Flowerpot
13-10-2008, 09:21 AM
I'm with you on that one lynnieb. I know a lot of people might like the jolly nation stuff, but I think it's awful & as for the 'crafting' they've taken that part away as it's just a pop out & stick together kit. (apart from the stamps & shrink plastic).
I'd love something that I could get my teeth into!

icebubble
13-10-2008, 10:10 AM
I think it's a good job we all like different things or all of our cards would be the same. Many of the kits QVC sell are of the pick and stick variety but you don't have to just use them in that way. I know I use them in all sorts of ways. I suppose they will stick to what they think is safe and will sell ultimately.

I personally like Jolly Nation it makes me smile but each to their own and I really don't like the Tim Holtz stuff. :D

sandy317
13-10-2008, 10:26 AM
and you have to remember that qvc is a business so they are going to do what is most popular.

Haven't seen much of the stamps this time but like the idea of standup cards

jeanfan
13-10-2008, 10:37 AM
I`m not keen either but I liked the `through the decades` that was on earlier in the year.I wouldn`t want the whole kit though.

chrissie
13-10-2008, 10:47 AM
I don't like it either lynnieb!
I'm trying to decide if the Cute Companions POTW on the other side is a good buy, it's the P&P that's putting me off at the moment.

Rentochops
13-10-2008, 12:08 PM
:DWell I love it :D and hated Cosmo Cricket so there you go!

Tim Holtz - show me something good from him?

Dips
13-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Well, I'm glad it's Paper Nation....... 'cos I don't like it either ...... but it meant that I could treat myself to yesterday's L'Occitane with a clear conscience:D

Paper Nation does seem to be something you either love or hate.

Julie
13-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I hate Paper Nation, Tim Holtz and Cosmo Cricket !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Rentochops
13-10-2008, 12:45 PM
I hate Paper Nation, Tim Holtz and Cosmo Cricket !!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Julie you need a pink and black box TSV :D with shoe template

von 2
13-10-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm with you Julie!

sheilaj
13-10-2008, 12:54 PM
I like the TSV, LOVE the fact that its die cut but still am not going for it....a mixture of being focussed on christmas cards atm, not having enough people who would like to get them and boracicity :)

Boris Bear
13-10-2008, 12:57 PM
I like Tim Holtz products but to be honest I don't think they are "mass market enough" to be a TSV. I think it's more experienced crafters who would go for TH products and maybe they are the type of people who would prefer to pick and choose items rather than by a kit (unless it was really good value). I also think that experienced crafters are more in the know about other craft suppliers so might not buy from QVC.

I do like Jolly Nation products and I think that if you are making something for a non-crafter they are more likely to "get" Jolly Nation whereas Tim Holtz might be wasted on them.

Rentochops
13-10-2008, 12:57 PM
So I am the sole purchaser of this item?:confused:

You're right Boris, I wouldn't have a clue what to do with grunge board etc..I don't have a lot of time to craft so need quite quick results - and I'm not into getting messy! I do have some Tim Hotlz ink pads - on reflection.

icebubble
13-10-2008, 01:00 PM
No ROC I put on the other thread that I bought it too!! You're not alone. I think it's really good value and can't wait to get it. :D

Rentochops
13-10-2008, 01:19 PM
No ROC I put on the other thread that I bought it too!! You're not alone. I think it's really good value and can't wait to get it. :D

oh good iceb - it looks great - it's ages since I was this excited about a TSV.

icebubble
13-10-2008, 01:26 PM
Glad you are looking forward to it and I'm sure you will love it when it arrives. :)

luvtocraft
13-10-2008, 01:33 PM
I like it too ROC and icebubble. Not succumbed yet as I bought the last JN TSV and loved it. Recently bought the xmas starter set so have loads of it. Just know i will be good then regret it tomorrow:) I do agree though its a love it or hate it product. My colleague at work wasn't keen but it has grown on her and I know she has bought this one.

Buttercup
13-10-2008, 02:13 PM
I quite like some of it, but detest the backing papers they insist on including with it This kit is too big for me, but that's a good thing, as I really can't afford it.

luvtocraft
13-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I agree Buttercup whilst i like paper nation I am not keen on the backing papers tbh. I think if this kit had been under £30 say about £26 with a bit less in i certainly would have gone for it but as i said in earlier post I already have loads so dont need that much of it. I do like to vary my ideas designs and themes etc.

gill71
13-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I might have gone for it if it hadn't all been die-cut, I enjoy the cutting out bit, maybe if they offered 2 options, one die-cut, the other not. I've bought the 3 packs of background papers today.

lilac froggy Jan
13-10-2008, 05:19 PM
I prefer to buy just the odd sheet which I have found cheap on a site closing down. Don't tell anyone, but I photocopy them onto photo paper so always have the hardcopy.

sbroadhurst2003
13-10-2008, 05:44 PM
i would have bought it too if you had to cut the characters out - had even got hubby to buy it me as a b'day pressie!!

Phree
13-10-2008, 06:08 PM
I like Tim Holtz products but to be honest I don't think they are "mass market enough" to be a TSV. I think it's more experienced crafters who would go for TH products and maybe they are the type of people who would prefer to pick and choose items rather than by a kit (unless it was really good value). I also think that experienced crafters are more in the know about other craft suppliers so might not buy from QVC.

I do like Jolly Nation products and I think that if you are making something for a non-crafter they are more likely to "get" Jolly Nation whereas Tim Holtz might be wasted on them.

Excellent post BB, I actually quite like the Paper Nation stuff, it's not my kind of crafting but I do "get" it. I also like Tim Holtz, tho I don't always "get" some of his work. I think you are bang on target about the grungy/distressed type of crafting appealing to a smaller audience, whereas the Jolly Nation will sell like hot cakes to those who know that many of the cards they make are for non-crafters, especially people who make cards to sell either for good causes or for their own profit.

Rentochops
13-10-2008, 08:11 PM
Excellent post BB, I actually quite like the Paper Nation stuff, it's not my kind of crafting but I do "get" it. I also like Tim Holtz, tho I don't always "get" some of his work. I think you are bang on target about the grungy/distressed type of crafting appealing to a smaller audience, whereas the Jolly Nation will sell like hot cakes to those who know that many of the cards they make are for non-crafters, especially people who make cards to sell either for good causes or for their own profit.

Jolly Nation and decoupage just make me happy :D:D:D

Saying that I 'get' the Tim Holtz thing really, I just don't have the time in my life to go there if I'm honest.

Boris Bear
14-10-2008, 12:59 PM
The more I watched yesterday the more I wanted the TSV but I was good and resisted. I bought two Cosmo Cricket TSVs and I have enough stuff to last me until I'm 100! That's not to say that I won't ask my friend to have a look for it if she goes to Warrington.:D