PDA

View Full Version : QVC heard the pleas for paper weight?

Rentochops
14-10-2008, 06:52 AM
I was watching Dawn at 10pm and she said " I have asked all our suppliers to tell me the gramme weight of their products" - she was relying after the presenter said about patterened mirri card "what is the weight of this Dawn?"

I feel triumphant as I have complained in a bad review of the HOTP TSV about this and in a separate e-mail to QVC. I am sure others have asked too.

Jeanette
14-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Well done Dawn, better late than never! :D

sugarplum
14-10-2008, 07:14 AM
she's been saying this for over a year at least but still rarely gives the gram weight on air and it isn't often given in the item description either. Perhaps if people continue to request it then it will eventually happen but QVC don't appear to be pushing for it

Wellington
14-10-2008, 09:13 AM
I was watching Dawn at 10pm and she said " I have asked all our suppliers to tell me the gramme weight of their products" - she was relying after the presenter said about patterened mirri card "what is the weight of this Dawn?"

I feel triumphant as I have complained in a bad review of the HOTP TSV about this and in a separate e-mail to QVC. I am sure others have asked too.

...not too difficult, just have to phone up Kanban :D :p Did DB have an answer? I wasn't paying attention as fully as I ought to have been, so I missed that question.

Rentochops
14-10-2008, 12:28 PM
...not too difficult, just have to phone up Kanban :D :p Did DB have an answer? I wasn't paying attention as fully as I ought to have been, so I missed that question.

yup she approximated it!

kriskros
14-10-2008, 03:41 PM
She has mentioned gsm today aswell, we need to know, so they should oblige and find out for us, thin card is useless.

sugarplum
14-10-2008, 05:10 PM
She mentioned it but couldn't tell cathrine what gsm stood for she just kept saying its to do with the grams and actually said mayb e someone would let them know what the gsm stood for. I was really suprised that she didn't know

Mrs D
14-10-2008, 06:05 PM
This is something I have been asking QVC & Ideal World to provide for a couple of years as the most important thing to know about buying card is how thick it is!! This is the reason I have never bought card or paper stock from TV. It is like selling clothes without knowing the sizes - you can't sell card based on the fact that it wobbles with a certain resonance into a mic- a la C & C. Sorry but this is a personal hate of mine as card and paper is sold mainly on the basis of weight so QVC's suppliers must know what the weight is or how would they know what it was worth??

Wellington
14-10-2008, 10:05 PM
- you can't sell card based on the fact that it wobbles with a certain resonance into a mic- a la C & C.

I have to say though that invariably C&C do tend to advise the gsm more often than not...it's just the presenters that tend to do 'the wobble'. I've heard many a guest advise the gsm...

I'm utterly gobsmacked that apparently 'The Queen of Craft' doesn't know what gsm actually stands for :eeK:

daydreamer
15-10-2008, 07:09 AM
QVC only seem to find out the weight when it is of a top quality :rolleyes:

daydreamer