PDA

View Full Version : Update on web site outage

Winspiration
16-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Well, firstly, the site is still down, I'm afraid! That's the bad news.

I had an email at 6.30 am today from the web host CS promising that the site will be back up and running within 6 - 12 hours.

Needless to say, my webmaster and I are not holding our breath and are working on plan B. If the site isn't restored by this evening, then we will migrate it to another host, although inevitably this is likely to take a little more time to implement. We are working as hard as we can to restore the site as soon as possible.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by this very prolonged outage. As the foilplay email isn't working at present, if anyone (CraftTelly member or otherwise) needs to contact me, you can either pm me, or you can email me on sales@winspiration.co.uk.

As Dips kindly pointed out on another thread, my ebay (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Foil-Play) and amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/qid=1224146298?ie=UTF8&me=A2SESGXC4JM5B8) shops are both still fully functional in the meantime :)

Thanks folks for all your kind comments and support during what has been rather a stressful week - it is very much appreciated :)

And if anyone is looking for webhosting, needless to say, I would not recommend touching easycgi.com with a very large bargepole :rolleyes:

Wellington
16-10-2008, 09:59 AM
More *hugs* Winspiration :( Thanks for the update.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
16-10-2008, 12:48 PM
hugs to you Winspiration and thanks for the updates

Winspiration
16-10-2008, 01:58 PM
Thanks Welly and SCW :)

Fingers crossed for a more positive update soon!

luvtocraft
16-10-2008, 03:13 PM
thanks wins for the updates:)

Winspiration
17-10-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks luvtocraft!

We have a new host now and are now migrating the site - as the old one is still non-functional, with no clear explanation as to why. Happily, we did have a back up of the site which just needed a few tweaks, so I'm hoping it won't be too long before I have positive news to report.

You can be sure that a lesson has been learned the hard way about having back up hosting facilities ready and waiting in future, in the (hopefully very unlikely) event that something like this happens again!

As an aside, many websites have been affected by this - some of whom had their back up facilities with the same host, so they don't even have access to that :( I've been watching one particular discussion (the link is on my blog) and one of the sites affected belongs to a mountain rescue organisation who use a web based messaging system to assist with their operations. They've been searching for a missing climber, hampered by the absence of their website :eek: That puts my difficulties this week into perspective!

Wellington
17-10-2008, 10:21 AM
:eek: How bad is that....

icebubble
17-10-2008, 11:49 AM
That's awful Win. :eek:

Glad you seem to have found a solution to your website problem.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-10-2008, 11:58 AM
glad you had a solution to the problem Wins

Phree
17-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Ouch win, sorry you have had so much trouble with your site, hope the migration to the new host goes smoothly. Meantime sending you a hug cuz I can imagine how stressed you have been feeling.