PDA

View Full Version : Mini Pictures!

Ephemera
18-01-2011, 10:18 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/lolarose13/IMG_0030.jpghttp://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/lolarose13/IMG_0033.jpg

Wasn't sure what to call these really!

It's a little gift for my friend who had a rough christmas & new year whilst her daughter was ill and in hospital.

I had a few beer mats left over from a craft project another friend organised and decided to have a go making a mini picture.

I used my favourite Serena stamp from The Stampsmith and covered a chipboard frame in platinum utee then used a swirl stamp on it & used some Tim holtz papers on the front and back of the mats. Then I punched a couple of holes and attached eyelets and some chain.

My friends daughter wanted me to make her one too so I made a blue one.

kitten_with_claws
18-01-2011, 10:39 AM
They're really sweet, I do like those, something a bit different & the variational possibilities are endless!
That UTEE looks fun too....must try that at some point.....!

Stupid question but what did you use to punch the holes & attach the eyelets? (I have nothing like this at all & want to get something for this purpose, just not quite sure what.....! lol)

dyzni
18-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Now I like those, very nice indeed. Well done Ephemera

Millburn
18-01-2011, 11:13 AM
I like them :up: really like them :D

LynneH
18-01-2011, 11:48 AM
They're lovely, Ephemera. I bought some blank beer mats ages ago but I've not used them yet. I will have to get them out and have a play.

tru-ella
18-01-2011, 11:53 AM
They are beautiful

LoobyLou
18-01-2011, 11:56 AM
Woah, takes a step back ....... can I say STUNNING!

Wellington
18-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Them's goooooorjus! Am I reading that right, the pic is a stamp? If it is, tis blinkin loverly. Must must must get some new UTEE, ran out ages ago & I've always liked the effect

suban
18-01-2011, 02:38 PM
They're beautiful and just go to show that it's not just cards and scrapbooking pages that we can use our supplies for!

Marilynmcl
18-01-2011, 03:33 PM
mmmmmm.....beau-ti-fuuuul

budgie
18-01-2011, 04:56 PM
Absolutely gorgeous!

Sandra
19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Lush....!!

Rainbowwand
19-01-2011, 12:38 PM
they are really good, and i have that stamp, hmm now where can i get some beer mats from, i love your idea, thanks for sharing

Ephemera
19-01-2011, 03:49 PM
Hiya Guys,

Thanks for all your kind comments :mysmilie_504:

Stupid question but what did you use to punch the holes & attach the eyelets? (I have nothing like this at all & want to get something for this purpose, just not quite sure what.....! lol)
Hiya Kitten, I used a crop-o-dile from We R memory keepers. I remember being on waitlist for it on QVC for ages then when I received it I didn't use it for about a year. But I do use it quite a lot now, and prefer it to my old one (had to use a hammer!!)

I've only recently started using UTEE I have one of those melting pots thingies, rather messy and don't seem to have much success with it. Prefer heating with an embossing tool.

Gawd I've wasted some dosh on useless gadgets :blush:

kitten_with_claws
19-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Hiya Kitten, I used a crop-o-dile from We R memory keepers. I remember being on waitlist for it on QVC for ages then when I received it I didn't use it for about a year. But I do use it quite a lot now, and prefer it to my old one (had to use a hammer!!)

That's the original Crop-a-dile, yes? (I get easily confued! lol)
I definitely need something like that for eyelets & stuff, also for cutting little weeny holes in things, which I think it also does.....?

Ephemera
19-01-2011, 06:02 PM
That's the original Crop-a-dile, yes? (I get easily confued! lol)
I definitely need something like that for eyelets & stuff, also for cutting little weeny holes in things, which I think it also does.....?

Yep, its the one on QVC called Crop A Dile' Eyelet Setting Tool. It cuts holes in two sizes!

Little Jan
20-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Wow what clever idea wish I was that artistic,must have play at that ,is my Mums 86th Birhtday the weekend I am paying for her to get her hair permed as that is what she wanted, I think thay would be nice as a gift from my daughter with little photos in,now I wonder if hubbie will miss his Arsenal beer mats:thinking:

Impossible Princess
20-01-2011, 01:28 PM
They're really lovely Ephemera and what a kind thought of yours. They obviously loved them, hence the daughter's request that you make one for her!! :happy: xx

Kitten - I didn't have the welly for the Cropadile, so (knowing you're of a similarly strapping nature :muscle:), if you do go for one, you may need to borrow hubby's muscles!! They must be so handy, though xx

I think thay would be nice as a gift from my daughter with little photos in,now I wonder if hubbie will miss his Arsenal beer mats:thinking:

:grin:

kitten_with_claws
20-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Kitten - I didn't have the welly for the Cropadile, so (knowing you're of a similarly strapping nature :muscle:), if you do go for one, you may need to borrow hubby's muscles!! They must be so handy, though xx :grin:

No, nor me but I've given up trying to use some things now & OH is now fully enrolled as Craft XO.....! LOL
I was literally leaning on an MS punch the other day, virtually jumping up & down on it, squeaking feebly but all to no avail, wouldn't budge.......OH takes it off me, grins & punches through the card holding it between a thumb & one finger.......! LOL
He is very useful......! :happy:

LoobyLou
20-01-2011, 04:22 PM
No, nor me but I've given up trying to use some things now & OH is now fully enrolled as Craft XO.....! LOL
I was literally leaning on an MS punch the other day, virtually jumping up & down on it, squeaking feebly but all to no avail, wouldn't budge.......OH takes it off me, grins & punches through the card holding it between a thumb & one finger.......! LOL
He is very useful......! :happy:

If a little smug? LOL

kitten_with_claws
20-01-2011, 06:19 PM
If a little smug? LOL

Yep but he's sweet with it, thinks it's perfectly normal for girlies to be weedy & feeble....suits me fine, as I never have to do anything remotely physically challenging/technical/complicated.......I just shout 'Man, need man!' (literally!) & he appears as if by magic.....! LOL

LoobyLou
20-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Way to go girl!

sugarplum
20-01-2011, 07:45 PM
they are really lovely I am always hugely impressed when people make things other than cards I always intend to have ago but never seem to These are so beautiful and afab gift

3BC
21-01-2011, 10:44 AM
What beautiful gifts, your friend is a very lucky lady !

juliet
21-01-2011, 01:03 PM
They are just lovely! What a great idea!