PDA

View Full Version : Wadding question ?

fabyon
30-01-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm going to crochet a bunny from the Crochet bible but need to purchase wadding. Now I'm stumped as I google it, I come across online retailers about quilting and what I need is just small bag of wadding/material stuffing. Can someone point me in the right direction where I can buy some for a fiver all in, please ?

Princess4Wiz
30-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi Fab, there are loads of choices on the auction site. Click here (http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m570&_nkw=toy+stuffing&_sacat=See-All-Categories) for the ones I came up with when I entered "toy stuffing" as a query. Hope this helps.

jenty
30-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Thought you said waddling - I could have helped with that! I used to use kapok years ago for stuffing toy animals.

Winspiration
30-01-2011, 08:32 PM
How about Fred Aldous? They're out of wadding but have polyester stuffing (http://www.fredaldous.co.uk/product_472920003.htm)- they also sell on Amazon, I haven't checked prices there though

fabyon
30-01-2011, 08:34 PM
I want to avoid the auction site as it's under V account and I don't want him to know I'm crocheting a soft toy for him ! ;)

I think I found a website that can deliver before Friday and it's 6 quid so unless someone can find something cheaper I'll have to order from this online retailers :

http://www.crafts4kids.co.uk/products/minicraft-soft-toy-filling-250gms/297/

fabyon
30-01-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks Gill, I forgot about Amazon ! :)

I went to Amazon and that's so spooky I had wadding offered to me as an option on the welcome page....they're getting too clever ! LOL

I ordered it and it came to 4 quid something all in ! Hopefully it should arrive by Friday ! :) Thanks again Gill !

kitten_with_claws
30-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Thought you said waddling - I could have helped with that! I used to use kapok years ago for stuffing toy animals.

I was watching Debbie Shore on C&C the other day (dunno why I watch her shows, I can't sew! lol) & she said instead of forking out for Kapok, just buy a cheapo pillow for about 3 quid.......just as good for stuffing, apparently.....?

craftycat
31-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Be careful! Wadding is usually sold in sheets, different thicknesses, and is used as the middle layer in quilting. What you need to buy is toy stuffing (polyester better than Kapok) and yes it is worth thinking about buying cheap pillows and using the contents. If you have a fabric shop, or habby stall in a local market, they often sell the stuff cheaply too.

fabyon
31-01-2011, 11:19 AM
I got toy stuffing at the end and it shows as being shipped today ! :) So hopefully I have a few days to make the bunny and then stuff it ! lol

sam
31-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Can we see a picture when it's finished please?

angela
31-01-2011, 09:13 PM
aww if I'd seen this I'd have sent you some for nowt Fab, I have a bag that I bought for stuffing some fabric hearts I made at xmas, I think it only cost £2+ then last week I bought a sock monster kit from tkmaxx for 20p but there was only a bag of stuffing and one sock!

kitten_with_claws
31-01-2011, 09:21 PM
aww if I'd seen this I'd have sent you some for nowt Fab, I have a bag that I bought for stuffing some fabric hearts I made at xmas, I think it only cost £2+ then last week I bought a sock monster kit from tkmaxx for 20p but there was only a bag of stuffing and one sock!

RAOFPMSl - oh, how many socks does one actually require for a 'sock monster' then? Clearly this was very much a DIY 'kit'.....sorry, just imagining your face when you excitedly opened the bag to find the 'kit' consisted of......a sock......!
:mysmilie_15:

angela
31-01-2011, 09:24 PM
My face was a picture as you can imagine, lol, knew there'd be a catch as it was reduced to 20p, but the one sock was nice, it actually looks like a lot of faffing anyway, back to me vooddy now lol!

Purplepig
31-01-2011, 09:41 PM
oh dear Angela ... that did make me giggle! :giggle::giggle::giggle:

craftycat
01-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Think your sock monster kit had been got at Angela. I bought one of these a couple of years back, one sock and wadding but also a whole lot of bits of bling, felt and......pipe cleaner thingies that are now no longer called pipe cleaners. Didn't pay very much more than your 20p either.

Biffo
24-02-2011, 03:03 PM
If you need anymore toy stuffing in the future try a haberdashery stall in a market or Hobbycraft.