PDA

View Full Version : Stuff I've been making recently...

Wellington
18-02-2011, 10:25 PM
Being as I still haven't got my finger out & sorted my blog out (it's there, I've twiddled with it a bit but haven't actually posted anything LOL), I thought I'd torture you lot with some pics instead...

First off a birthday card for a friend who's approaching his mid-40's faster than he'd like:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/BobbirthdayDec10.jpg

The next is a 40th card, again for a friend. I was going to get smart & lightly stamp 40 in Roman numerals for the background...Right up to the point where I realised the roman for 40 is XL...didn't think it'd be appreciated tee hee:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/JimSBirthdayFeb11.jpg

Wellington
18-02-2011, 10:40 PM
And today I completed this one; a 70th birthday card for my Aunty from my mum (ie, sisters).

I managed to dig out some 12x12 card to make a box, it's a bit lightweight, but it's being hand delivered, so no real problem:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/Anne70thMar11-box.jpg

It opens to reveal some metallic tissue paper that hubby dug up from some box or other somewhere in the house - I bought it years ago...just prooves I've always had a thing for bling LOL:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/Anne70thMar11opening.jpg

And within the bling tissue:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/Anne70thMar11-inbox.jpg

Which emerges to look like this:

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff110/Wellybobs/Anne70thMAr11-card.jpg

It's not quite finished off - I want my mum to choose whether the narrow ribbon which attaches the tag should be tied into a bow or left to dangle (I personally prefer a dangle cos a bow sits a bit funny). I'm well made up with the paper roses I made, one of which is pearl white, another is the same pearl white coloured with promarkers (it's not at bright pink as it looks in the photo, I've taken the pics with a flash in an orangy room light & was trying to correct the colour a bit) & the 3rd is made from the backing paper

sugarplum
18-02-2011, 10:45 PM
they are all great Welie I love the rocket card and the second card made me smile the sentiment is fab but my fav has to be the 3rd those roses are gorgeous
thanks for sharing
Fi

sam
18-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Well done Welly - love the oldus gittus stamp!

LoobyLou
18-02-2011, 11:10 PM
I agree with Fi, all gorgeous. Love the old git bit, my Sister calls her hubby that! Your roses are so beautiful. Try as I might I cannot get to grips with those paper roses, mine look like the dog's dinner.

Marilynmcl
18-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Love, love your cards Welly......agree with the 'XL' .....but, how about quadraginta instead?

Millburn
19-02-2011, 06:29 AM
I love them all :up: and yeap, I'd have hated XL on a card for my 40th

the roses look great too :D

LynneH
19-02-2011, 06:50 AM
They're all lovely Welly. I love the stamp on the old git one and the card suits it perfectly. The last one is beautiful. Those roses look fab as does the stitching. The packaging sets it off perfectly.

pyjama princess
19-02-2011, 08:12 AM
I like all of those Welly - well done their great. Think the 40th is really good but LOVE the pinky one! Is the white trellis printed on the paper or have you created it? The roses are perfect, you've really mastered making those. Hope the crafting is helping is destress you, hugs.

kitten_with_claws
19-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Brill cards Welly, love the colours & what you've done with the papers on the Roman one especially & those roses on the last one are amazingly good, so natural looking!
(Did you write somewhere how you'd started making those, I seem to vaguely recall you mentioning it, will have to do a thread/post search....!) :sun:

Granny Penny
19-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Lovely cards Welly and all very different. Love the "old git" stamp too.

tru-ella
19-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Really lovely cards Welly

Waterlily
19-02-2011, 10:19 AM
Gorgeous cards Welly, I love the pink one.

dyzni
19-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Lovely cards Welly. I did chuckle at the old git stamp. My fav is the last one, it's beautiful, love the roses

Princess4Wiz
19-02-2011, 10:57 AM
Fab cards, Welly :D I too love the old git stamp. My DH and me are always saying we hate careering towards old gitdom :D

Ephemera
19-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Super Cards Wellington,

love them all, fabulous grunge roses. Think there must be some creativity in the air. I've been having a craft making splurge too!

angela
19-02-2011, 12:22 PM
they are brilliant welly love the roses

lilac froggy Jan
20-02-2011, 11:28 AM
Lovely cards wellie. The rosey one is very pretty and I love the antique look of the second one.

Rentochops
20-02-2011, 11:41 AM
faby cards Welly x

suban
20-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Love the cards - loved the old git, and the last is stunning. The first one will bring the little boy out in him.

Wellington
21-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Fank oo ladies - the one for my aunty just earned me a tenner. Mind you, it was my mum & she always insists on overpaying LOL

Is the white trellis printed on the paper or have you created it?

The trellis is the Creative Expressions embossing folder; I was going to leave it intact for texture, but then decided that I'd cut it all out so you can see the backing paper through it

Did you write somewhere how you'd started making those, I seem to vaguely recall you mentioning it, will have to do a thread/post search.... :sun:

I had a go at making one a few weeks back, using an EI stamp as a template but it was huge! I love the idea of making flowers from the same paper as you use on the card, or stamping a pattern on them. Once I'd decided I was doing the roses for this card, I was going to hang on for the latest issue of Craft Stamper cos I know there was a lovely flower stamp on that, but then couldn't get into to town in time to buy it, so ended up ordering a plain flower stamp from Dimension Fourth instead. As it happened we ended up postpoing the original trip to my parents & I got more time to complete the card & prob would have been able to get CS after all. Must admit they're still a little bigger than I wanted, so if I see the CS with that stamp on, I may still get it anyway.

suban
21-02-2011, 03:11 PM
It's not overpaying as such - your Mam just appreciates the skill and work you put in!