PDA

View Full Version : C&C Mirri Board

Rentochops
25-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Is the pack of gold and silver mirri board better or worse quality than the QVC pack which as Ellis has just told be is about £25?

OscarFelixJake
25-10-2008, 01:36 PM
The QVC pack is mirri - the best quality you can buy - usually 75p per sheet in the craft shops.
The C&C pack is just mirror board but a nice enough quality to use in card making.
If you are expecting mirri card from C&C you will be very disappointed.

NB the best priced genuine mirri card is from the Joanna Sheen website with free p&p 10 sheet for £4.49

Jeanette
25-10-2008, 01:36 PM
Having had Mirri board from both QVC and IW, I would say that QVC's is true mirri card as you can see your reflection in it. IW is more of a foil card, you can still see a reflection but its not as clear. It is better quality foil card than most though.

It depends really what you are using it for I suppose. I mostly use it for matting and layering and IW 'mirri' card is fine for that

blarf
25-10-2008, 01:52 PM
Isn't Mirri a Kanban brand name?

Anne
25-10-2008, 03:34 PM
I must admit that I would like a slightly lighter weight mirri or mirror card. If you've done a couple of mats using mirror card, the card can get a bit front heavy.

Phree
25-10-2008, 03:45 PM
I have to agree with Anne about the weight of the real Mirri card. One of my other greivances (sorry that's the best word I could think of) with the real thing is just how good it actually is. Sometimes I find it just too mirror perfect and I often prefer to use a foiled card.

The one I like best is made by Southfields and has a sort satin sheen to it rather than being truly reflective. You get that love touch of metallic gold, or silver acting as a frame to pop your central image off the card with out the very high reflectiveness of real mirri.

Mind you real mirri is a must have - cuz lets face it, card that reflective and shiney is very strokable :D

Rentochops
25-10-2008, 04:18 PM
thanks guys, I do feel that it can be over used (see Cupcake Crafting lady) - but is essential for Christmas cards and for that special touch.

Dips
25-10-2008, 05:38 PM
thanks guys, I do feel that it can be over used (see Cupcake Crafting lady) - but is essential for Christmas cards and for that special touch.

Certainly is by one Michelle Marsden :D. However, I am partial to a very narrow border of said card at Christmas time, but I like the coloured versions. Kanban do a gorgeous pink:)

Jeanette
25-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I usually just use mirri/foil card for matting and layering until I discovered how amazing it looks when used with either the texturz plates or CB embossing folders

Rainbowwand
25-10-2008, 06:47 PM
I usually just use mirri/foil card for matting and layering until I discovered how amazing it looks when used with either the texturz plates or CB embossing folders

Jeannette have you had any problems putting it through the CB i find i am getting a ripple effect at the edges, i think its probably to do with the weight of the card though rather than the fact it is mirri/foil card, have you had this problem?

Jeanette
25-10-2008, 07:01 PM
Jeannette have you had any problems putting it through the CB i find i am getting a ripple effect at the edges, i think its probably to do with the weight of the card though rather than the fact it is mirri/foil card, have you had this problem?

I don't have a CB RW, I use mine through a bigshot without any problems. Sorry I can't help

Rainbowwand
25-10-2008, 07:09 PM
[QUOTE=Jeanette;12975]I don't have a CB RW, I use mine through a bigshot without any problems. Sorry I can't help[/QUOTE

Thats ok, :)

Jeanette
25-10-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't have a CB RW, I use mine through a bigshot without any problems. Sorry I can't help

Thats ok, :)

Sounds like a sandwich problem! ;)

Rainbowwand
25-10-2008, 07:37 PM
Sounds like a sandwich problem! ;)

Yep i had thought about fiddling with the sandwich, just not got round to it yet :o

Rentochops
25-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Yep i had thought about fiddling with the sandwich, just not got round to it yet :o

RW my CB doesn't do that - I do tend to use quite thin mirri though, I find the heavier stuff too much for the CB.

Wellington
25-10-2008, 10:30 PM
Just popping in my twopenarth - I like the cheap mirricard set from C&C cos you get so much you don't have to be too precious with it.

greenacres20
26-10-2008, 07:20 AM
I like the C & C version of the mirri card. The gold is a nice gold - not too yellow and it's lightweight enough to use a couple of matts on your card without it being too heavy. Good value - would never buy the QVC version as I can't justify spending £50 to get both colours.

Dawn

crafty anne
26-10-2008, 08:35 AM
Must admit I prefer the C&C mirror card as well. It is cheap enough to use a lot of. I tend to buy a pack every other free p&p day. I think the Kanban mirror card is just lovely but a bit too pricey for what I use it for.

Anne
26-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Just popping in my twopenarth - I like the cheap mirricard set from C&C cos you get so much you don't have to be too precious with it.

I like the C & C version of the mirri card. The gold is a nice gold - not too yellow and it's lightweight enough to use a couple of matts on your card without it being too heavy. Good value - would never buy the QVC version as I can't justify spending £50 to get both colours.

Dawn

Must admit I prefer the C&C mirror card as well. It is cheap enough to use a lot of. I tend to buy a pack every other free p&p day. I think the Kanban mirror card is just lovely but a bit too pricey for what I use it for.

Thank you! :)

Rentochops
26-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Well it's very highly recommended - although I can't buy at the moment, will get some when have moved house and settled (and can start hiding things again).

Dips
26-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I liked the look of the coloured foil that they had on last night, but because it also came with sheets of vellum, I thought it worked out v expensive.

blarf
26-10-2008, 01:31 PM
I also have the creasing problem with proper mirri card, only around the edge of the embossing folder though. On the other hand, MMs foil card on C&C I have a worse problem on the CB, the design breaks the foil cover and I end up with white card poking through the embossing. It actually starts to tear the card.

Oh and another problem, do any of you remember the pastel mirri card kanban did to go with that vile fairies TSV ages ago? the top colour layer comes of that with the CB so you end up with coloured mirri with silver mirri in places.

Has anyone tried embossing the mirri satin/silk card?

Rainbowwand
27-10-2008, 12:10 PM
I also have the creasing problem with proper mirri card, only around the edge of the embossing folder though. On the other hand, MMs foil card on C&C I have a worse problem on the CB, the design breaks the foil cover and I end up with white card poking through the embossing. It actually starts to tear the card.

Oh and another problem, do any of you remember the pastel mirri card kanban did to go with that vile fairies TSV ages ago? the top colour layer comes of that with the CB so you end up with coloured mirri with silver mirri in places.

Has anyone tried embossing the mirri satin/silk card?

Yep thats what i have been having problesm with, and as you say around the edges and towards the bottom, it is quite thick though so i think thats what the problem is, does look lovely embossed though, so as suggested i think i will have to fiddle with the sandwich :)

Little Jan
27-10-2008, 12:50 PM
I get my mirri card from Joanna Sheen and had no problems (yet)

Shepherdess
27-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I've had some card ripple or crease going through the CB, someone suggested instead of putting it through lengthways to put it through sideways and it works much better with very little if any rippling.

missusnobby
28-10-2008, 11:48 AM
I got some from the Range a while ago, an assorted colours pack. I can't remember how much I paid, but it was v good value, and is great for matting and layering on cards.

Rainbowwand
28-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I've had some card ripple or crease going through the CB, someone suggested instead of putting it through lengthways to put it through sideways and it works much better with very little if any rippling.

Thanks for the tip, i will give it a try :)