PDA

View Full Version : Ephemera's Attic Blog Update!

Ephemera
22-03-2011, 01:31 PM
Been a bit busy this weekend crafting. The house looks an absolute tip though and the washing bin is overflowing!

I entered this in the Happy Daze Shades of blue challenge draw, as they had £15 up for grabs! Sadly I didn't win as I have seen some more stamps I want! :mysmilie_505:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll285/lolarose13/P1030781.jpg

I've updated my blog here (http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/)

Better get on with the housework now :down:

dizzyjoan
22-03-2011, 02:15 PM
:clapping:well as my old mum used to say,"the work will be there when your not". Don't worry, I have been crafting and looking after 2GD all weekend, got up extra early today made breaky for YD, packed lunch, and then got stuck into the housework, (nearly done). The sun is shinning here in Merseyside so got the washing out . I hope your enjoying good weatheras well. The card you have made is stunning, to me its a winner

Granny Penny
22-03-2011, 02:56 PM
I can't believe you didn't win! You have a style which makes the stamping look very arty - very "on trend" and very clever.

LoobyLou
22-03-2011, 03:27 PM
This is lovely. I never cease to be amazed by what will or won't win a challenge; NOT, I hasten to add because I didn't win, but because I see some stunning stuff that never gets a look in.

Ephemera
22-03-2011, 04:08 PM
Thanks Guys,

It was a random draw and the winners work was well worthy of winning. It was really pretty and unusual! Just being mercenary, wanted the £15! :cheeky:

Kate's Cards
22-03-2011, 06:46 PM
Nice work!

kitten_with_claws
23-03-2011, 12:08 PM
That is absolutely beautiful Ephemera, a definite winner in my eyes anyway....! :up:
Ah, you can't win 'em all & knickers to feeling guilty about 'being mercenary'......why shouldn't you? LOL

LoobyLou
23-03-2011, 12:20 PM
Ah well, at least the prize went to a deserving winner then Ephemera.

Might I make a small suggestion please.

Rather than adding a new thread everytime you update your blog, you just add to your current thread like Sugarplum and myself do. It will still pop up under new posts and anyone interested in your lovely work will open it up and see what else you might have added. Makes it a bit easier for anyone searching through the Gallery section if they are not piling through lots of threads from the same source.

BTW I am NOT the forum police and this is only a suggestion, and I hope I haven't offended!

Now where in the hell did they put that toothless smiley?

Ephemera
07-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Hiya :wave:,

Just a quick note that I've updated my blog here (http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/)

Ephemera X

LoobyLou
07-04-2011, 02:59 PM
I just popped over and left you a comment, a right bevvy of beauties on there!

kitten_with_claws
07-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Love the latest creations Ephemera, you have such an exquisitely pretty style & despite your love of all things Lizzie Siddal et al, you haven't restricted yourself by only using certain product ranges or confining application styles, which is part of what makes your artistic creations so interesting.....you never know what you're going to see next from you & what you might have used to create it! LOL :star:

Rachel
07-04-2011, 04:32 PM
Your latest creation Ephemera is gorgeous, your crafting style is so my style! I also love your blog. I am a huge fan of the Pre-Raphaelite era as well! I adore Waterhouse, he's my favourite artist without a doubt!

Susan W
07-04-2011, 05:19 PM
I have just had look at your blog, your creations are gorgeous.
Susan x

Ephemera
11-04-2011, 07:00 AM
Hiya,

Thanks for all your kind comments and encouragement, I love looking at the gallery and seeing what other folks create and it inspired me to start my blog!

X

Ephemera
17-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Hiya,

I've just updated my blog here (http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/)

Thanks for looking :mysmilie_504:

LynneH
17-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Beautiful work Ephemera. I especially love the card. It's stunning.

kitten_with_claws
17-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Beautiful Ephemera, as always! :star:
I'm quite new to crafting still & I know I have a helluva long way to go to reach your standard but looking at your latest fab creations makes me realise how much more I could do with what I already have, i.e. without having to spend an absolute fortune on ready made items to construct a project with, IYSWIM?
Very inspirational!

Ephemera
17-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Thanks Lynne & Kitten,

I know what you mean KWC I have bought a lot of craft stuff, but I'm finding I use more grey cardboard at the moment as you only have to cut out a square in the middle, rub on some inka gold and you have a frame. As you can tell I love Inka gold, gorgeous stuff, I don't tend to use the expensive pieces of kit I have bought in the past much, like my big shot not that it's stopping me from really really wanting a vagabond though :tongue:

LoobyLou
17-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Wow these are all gorgeous hon. So looking forward to seeing what you create in our birthday swaps!

I have been and commented.

Could I make a small request. Could you turn off word verification, it takes me twice as long to post a reply when it's turned on and my hampster is getting slower by the day. You can still protect your blog from spam by choosing to have each comment mailed to your inbox for approval before it gets posted on your blog, which I think you are already doing anyway.

Princess4Wiz
17-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Gorgeous creations, truly just gorgeous, Ephemera :)

Ephemera
18-04-2011, 11:40 AM
All sorted Looby,

Don't say that Looby I struggle with cards, find 3D easier as you can always sloosh on some more paint or spray if it goes wrong!

Thanks Beth, off to do some Easter cards now, lacking in inpiration as I can only think of either a bunnies or eggs!!

Impossible Princess
19-04-2011, 02:46 AM
OMG, I've just been and had a look at your blog and your stuff is amazing!!! You really are incredibly talented. I can't tell you how much I love your tag and top card under your 17th April post, I would be over the moon to receive either of them!! xx

Rachel
19-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm now fully signed up to your blog. I love your latest additions. Your crafting style is truly beautiful, and I find it inspirational. I'm very much like you in that now I've caught the 'altered art' bug I prefer to do 3D creations rather than cards.

Ephemera
20-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Thank you very much Rachel,

Its great fun looking at other peoples blogs, there's an amazing wealth of talent out there, and that's where I get my inspiration too!

I love your avatar!

Ephemera
28-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Hiya,

Another little blog update here (http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/)

Thanks

X

dizzyjoan
28-04-2011, 08:43 PM
I love your blog you are so talented, and you have given me a kick up the rear to get some cards done [my mojo went for a holiday] but its back now thanks to you and the gallery where they show the cards etc they have made, so you all rock!!

sam
28-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Ephemera, you really really get on my nerves (and that is meant in the nicest possible way), you make the most lovely stuff. In my mind I'm as good as you but in practice - Ummmm! I absolutley adore the little Alice in Wonderland box and in those lovely little bits and bobs shops that I love going in so much, you would pay an absolute fortune for little boxes like that. And I should know, we went to the Lake District for a few days over Easter and I visited loads of little, lovely bits and bobs shops and I have the purchases to prove it!:sad::giggle::mysmilie_454:

kitten_with_claws
28-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Gorgeous boxes Ephemera, you really are very talented y'know, with a great eye for composition & detail! :clapping:

Clairella
28-04-2011, 09:41 PM
Well u know wat I think...beautiful,just beautiful. So inspiring.....
Know how u feel "dizzyjoan" my mojo took a very long holiday. It came back for a while but now seems to have gone away again. Need to get it back pretty sharpish, as I have a very special 18th card to make in the next couple of weeks!

Susan W
28-04-2011, 11:04 PM
They are wonderful Ephemera. I love looking at your blog.

Susan x

Ephemera
30-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Ephemera, you really really get on my nerves (and that is meant in the nicest possible way), you make the most lovely stuff. In my mind I'm as good as you but in practice - Ummmm! I absolutley adore the little Alice in Wonderland box and in those lovely little bits and bobs shops that I love going in so much, you would pay an absolute fortune for little boxes like that. And I should know, we went to the Lake District for a few days over Easter and I visited loads of little, lovely bits and bobs shops and I have the purchases to prove it!:sad::giggle::mysmilie_454:

Ha ha Sam, I'm always looking at other peoples blogs and feeling like that! Got a bit of crafters block at the moment though as everything I do doesn't look quite right. I'm very impatient and have in my head how I want something to look, but In reality it often falls short and then I always seem to be starting something new then tire of it when it's only half completed.

X

Granny Penny
30-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I love looking at your blog Ephemera. Could you do a tutorial as I would love to have a go at covering a box? It looks as if you have put the paper on in one piece or have you pieced it. Also you say "I sealed the box with Claudine Hellmuths matte medium personally I prefer matte mod podge" is that what you stick it on with or do you coat it with this. I love the Butterfly Garden paper by the way.

LynneH
30-04-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm enchanted every time I look at your blog, Ephemera. I just love your style.

Mystic Mog
30-04-2011, 08:44 PM
Loving it!

Ephemera
30-04-2011, 09:51 PM
I love looking at your blog Ephemera. Could you do a tutorial as I would love to have a go at covering a box? It looks as if you have put the paper on in one piece or have you pieced it. Also you say "I sealed the box with Claudine Hellmuths matte medium personally I prefer matte mod podge" is that what you stick it on with or do you coat it with this. I love the Butterfly Garden paper by the way.

I hunted high and low for a tutorial on covering a box and there were loads of youtube videos but they only show the end result, loads of waffling but no mention of what glue to use etc. So after a bit of trial and error I bought some craft mount spray from tesco and found this worked best for sticking the paper to both wood and cardboard boxes. All I do is draw round the side of the box I'm going to cover then cut it out,(as I hate measuring anything LOL!) stick it to the box then sand with very fine sandpaper or cut and dry to to get a clean edge close to the box. Then to age it a bit I used some distress inks on the edges. Then either mod podge which is thinner or matte medium painted on to protect and seal the paper!

X

Granny Penny
30-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Thanks Ephemera. I have had a look a YouTube too but nothing is very clear. Thanks for your tips. The box I want to cover has a 10" x 10" lid so I was wondering whether to take a 12 x 12 sheet down the sides of the top. (that's probably as clear as mud!).

Ephemera
30-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Thanks Ephemera. I have had a look a YouTube too but nothing is very clear. Thanks for your tips. The box I want to cover has a 10" x 10" lid so I was wondering whether to take a 12 x 12 sheet down the sides of the top. (that's probably as clear as mud!).

I know what you mean :nod: I've tried that once on a rectangular metal tin I had, round two sides of the tin, but I struggled a bit, but I think that may have been because it was difficult to stick being metal and ever since then I've always cut each piece out separately, but that has its disadvantages, if you cut the pieces to small and if you don't put enough glue round the edges. Double sided adhesive sheets maybe a good idea, haven't tried that yet, because at least with glue you can move it a little if you don't position in the right place at first!

Just re read your post and I think that would be a good idea especially if the rim of the lid is quite narrow as that would be a pain cutting separate pieces of paper, and would look alot neater!

X

Rachel
02-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Ephemera I saw your latest blog update the other day and thought your latest were gorgeous. I love the papers, and Crafty Individuals. I know what you mean about having crafters' block. I started 3 different projects the other week and they all ended up in the bin!

Granny Penny I do lots of altered boxes and I use Scotch Quick Dry adhesive, but any other strong PVA glue will work. I gently sand the edges of my box to get a smooth finish. When I started I never watched any tutorials an altering boxes, just took the plunge and I was surprised it turned out so well! You just need to have a go.

Granny Penny
02-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you so much for your tips Rachel. I have just shot a question off to paper clinic so I am hoping they will be able to show us some more hints and tips although "go for it" may yet be the best one:nod:

Ephemera
20-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Hiya,

I've added a few cards to my blog here (http://ephemerasattic.blogspot.com/)

♥ Thanks for looking ♥

Kate's Cards
20-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Lovely as always!

kitten_with_claws
20-05-2011, 08:11 PM
You really are awfully clever (& talented!) Ephemera, your latest creative efforts are all beautiful in their own right but the Mona Lisa one is simply stunning, gob-smackingly good in fact, I love every square millimetre of it....! lol :clapping:

Susan W
20-05-2011, 09:29 PM
These are beautiful, I love the colours on the Mona Lisa one.

Susan x

Victoria
20-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Beautiful, as usual. Your blog is really inspiring.

Ephemera
21-05-2011, 10:21 PM
:mysmilie_508:very much Ladies, you're very kind!

x

Rachel
23-05-2011, 11:28 AM
As always Ephemera, your creations are stunning! I have also been making a few cards, but they haven't turned out as well as yours! You have such a wonderful eye for vintage designs, and everything goes together so well. Really stunning!

Ephemera
25-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks Rachel,

I definitely have more unsuccessful cards than successful ones. Still find boxes and hangings easier though. People do the most amazing cards especially on here!

X

Impossible Princess
29-05-2011, 08:23 PM
Just been having another look at your blog, you make such beautiful things. As others have said, your creations would not be out of place in a posh boutique! Love your boxes and your Happy Daze entry was stunning!! You make the kind of stuff I love to own :happy: xx

Rachel
19-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Ephemera, I got an email with your latest blog update yesterday, but for some strange reason I'm having problems leaving comments on your blog. I just wanted to say that the latest card you've made is really lovely, I love the art nouveau ladies. I need to get some Lost Coast Design stamps! Also I love the new design of your blog.:)