PDA

View Full Version : Quickutz Silhoutte Problem

Karriepie
02-04-2011, 07:25 PM
:doh: Oh dear I'm in a right pickle hope someone can help as obviously me and computers just don't quite get along at the moment and I'm being a bit dense with this problem!! Ok here goes, My computer was sent away for repair and restored back to factory condition so needed to reinstall all my equipment, software etc. I've got the original sihouette bought from qvc as a tsv. I went to the website to download the latest software ( Silhouette Studio) Downloaded ok. It advised to retrieve all my shapes to click on file and go to robo library or something but it said that the robo would need to be installed in order for me to do this. How do I install the machine then? I thought that was what I was doing by downloading the software ( hope that's not sounding too stupid) I tried inserting the original set up disc that came with the machine but it's not doing anything. At the moment I can load up the screen but it's only got the basic package of 50 designs in my library and I really don't know what to do next? Any help greatly appreciated before I go completely bald.

Karriepie
02-04-2011, 07:29 PM
Oops have just realised that Ive posted this thread in the wrong spot, should be under diecutting!!

Dax
02-04-2011, 07:39 PM
The new Studio software is for both Silhouette and Craft Robo hence the prompt transfer your Robo files & templates. If your files are not on your computer I think you have to contact Silouette US and ask to download them again. Try clicking on the link in Studio to purchase on line, it's under file.

I am a Robo user and have only recently tried Studio, so don't know a lot. Lots of help on the darkside, it's section on Robo is sponsored by Graphtec.

Didn't you have a cd with your Silhouette? If so load that and try.