PDA

View Full Version : My birthday group has two openings

LoobyLou
12-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Hi all

As my birthday group came to the end of it's year after the huge onslaught of what seemed like a million March birthdays a couple of our ladies left us.

As a consequence we have space for two more ladies.

Sadly if your birthday is in March please do not apply as we all are struggling with all the March babies anyway......... all that ruddy spooning in June must be responsible!

We currently have no April birthdays so will be re-starting in May, and if we get the two extra there will be 15 of us in total.

You will be making a commitment to making those birthday cards, so please do not ask to sign up if you are not prepared to honour that. Although, of course, we are understanding of illness/personal issues that might arise.

So if your birthday is NOT March and you would like to join a friendly birthday swap group run by a drill sergeant, ie ME then please stick your name in a reply to this post.

Princess4Wiz
12-04-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm a January gal, Looby, so could I join in, please?

Rentochops
12-04-2011, 11:00 PM
I'm a January gal, Looby, so could I join in, please?

lol your parents weren't spooning in June then like mine! :giggle:

Princess4Wiz
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM

Actually ROC I should have been born in March, but I was early!

Rentochops
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Actually ROC I should have been born in March, but I was early!

Lol :giggle: well that was lucky - you see crafters are mainly Pisceans it seems (or were meant to be).

Princess4Wiz
12-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Lol :giggle: well that was lucky - you see crafters are mainly Pisceans it seems (or were meant to be).

and I ended up a crabby old goat LOL

Rentochops
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
and I ended up a crabby old goat LOL

No a fishy goat, that's sound weird now lol!

Princess4Wiz
13-04-2011, 06:37 AM
No a fishy goat, that's sound weird now lol!

:mysmilie_483:

LynneH
13-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Sadly if your birthday is in March please do not apply as we all are struggling with all the March babies anyway......... all that ruddy spooning in June must be responsible!

Thanks Looby! It's only 8am and I'm sat here trying to wake up with a cup of coffee and a read of the forum. I now have an awful picture in mind (I am one of those March birthdays) that will scar me for the rest of the day!!!! :mysmilie_505:

LoobyLou
13-04-2011, 07:25 AM
Sorry Gals, and Beth another old Goat would be more than welcome, as I am also an old goat, but the other side in December.

Obviously Beth and I were as a result of things rising in the Spring!!!! ..

(LIKE SAP I MEAN YOU NAUGHTY GIRLS)

Ephemera
13-04-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm an old goat too! What is involved in the swap as I haven't done one before! Cards aren't my strong point so maybe good to practise them a bit more. I'm a bit of a messy crafter and all your cards look so lovely and neat, mine always seem to e a bit smudgy. :blush: so as long as you dont mind slightly scruffy ones!

LorraineJ
13-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I am another March baby so am unable to be in this swap. I should have been born in late February but was far too comfortable!!

Wellington
13-04-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm an old goat too! What is involved in the swap as I haven't done one before! Cards aren't my strong point so maybe good to practise them a bit more. I'm a bit of a messy crafter and all your cards look so lovely and neat, mine always seem to e a bit smudgy. :blush: so as long as you dont mind slightly scruffy ones!

Don't think Looby will mind if I help you out...And if she does mind, she'll let me know LOL

Anyway, once the list is closed Looby will PM us with the list of names addresses & birthday dates - you send a birthday card to everyone (on their birthday of course!) & when it gets to your's, we'll all send you one. It's always very nice when the recipient posts a thread with pics of the cards they've recieved too - there's a kind of 'unwritten' agreement to do so if possible. There is a little more committment involved than for RW's regular monthly swaps or the one off special swaps like Easter or Christmas etc as you are agreeing to send out a number of cards over the year the swap runs. Although having said that, as Looby mentions, we all know that real life can get in the way & hiccups occur (I'm having several myself ATM :dull:), but just drop Looby &/or the recipient a PM to explain & there's usually no problem.

HTH - someone will let you know if I've missed out any other salient facts I'm sure...

Oh, & speaking for myself, I don't mind smudges LOL In fact, I'm fairly adept at making splodges on cards myself :grin:

LynneH
13-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Your work is beautiful Ephemera and I'm sure your cards are the same. I'd be thrilled to receive one on my birthday.

It's a fun swap to be in. It's lovely opening up all those handmade cards on your birthday.

Millburn
13-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Your work is beautiful Ephemera and I'm sure your cards are the same. I'd be thrilled to receive one on my birthday.

It's a fun swap to be in. It's lovely opening up all those handmade cards on your birthday.

:mysmilie_497: it is amazing, I had a few cards that said on the envelope, "not to be opened until my birthday" what a feeling :grin: he'd gone to work, I made a fresh cuppa and slowly opened each card, they now live in a box in a drawer that as I type my left knee is touching, I use them for inspiration, and just on a bad day to make me smile :D

Ephemera
13-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Oh sounds lovely. I never get any handmade cards so I would love to join, as looking at all the birthday threads the cards look so beautiful and varied. :happy:

LoobyLou
13-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Welly, you make me sound quite dictatorial, LMAO, yes okay I know I am !!!! Thank you for saving me a job with our excellent explanation of how it works.

Okay then ladies, looks like we have our two extra.

Ephemera and Beth would you kindly pm me your name, address and birthdates and I will sort something out over the next few days and get lists sent out to everyone.

Just to let you all know that although the lists will begin in January, cos my mind copes better with it being in chronological order the swap will actually run from May until whenever the last birthday is, which is currently March, although of course one of our new ladies might be April!