PDA

View Full Version : Original Silhouette Carrier Sheets

Sharon Duncan
16-04-2011, 02:21 PM
I've decided after many years of hiding to unearth my Silhouette machine (qvc potd).

I spent 3 hours looking for the plug for it, downloaded the latest software and was all ready to go but I forgot my carrier sheet, I cant find it anywhere.

I've looked on Graphtec and tried to order from there but twice it kicked me out and wouldnt accept payment. (tried two differnt cards)

Crafters Companion has Robo sheets but no idea if these are compatible with my machine.

Any help, advice or links gratefully appreciated.

:up:

LoobyLou
16-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Sharon according to this ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-x-Carrier-Sheets-Graphtec-Craft-Robo-Silhouette-Lite-/270707037899?pt=UK_Papercraft_Tools_Accessories_2&hash=item3f076596cb

these are suitable for the C330, the Silhouette and the Lite. You could fire them off a question to check before you buy, but they are EXCELLENT value for money compared to the Crafters' price. I'm about to buy a couple of packs cos it's free postage too.

vampyre
16-04-2011, 03:37 PM
Contact the wonderful Dawn at www.thymegraphics.co.uk.
Lovely lady and should be able to help you out.

LoobyLou
16-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I've been trying to phone them for an hour or more. No one is picking up

Millburn
16-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I have the Silhouette, and I have the craft robo carrier sheets, they are just 5mm narrower than the Silhouette carrier sheets, so with care inserting them they work

Sharon Duncan
16-04-2011, 05:43 PM
Thanks all so much for your help, will go take a peep.

Problem is there is a Silhouette Original and a Silhouette SD and from what I've read they take different sheets.

All so confusing lol

Millburn
16-04-2011, 07:08 PM
My original carrier is 21.5cm, I too bought it from QVC as a TSV with Rosemary showing it, with the card to buy shapes online and download with it and all the adhesive backed card in 10x4 inch pads

My Craft Robo carrier sheets are 21cm wide and the same thickness; they are both the same length

Dax
16-04-2011, 11:26 PM
I have made my own mat for the Robo. A thin plastic cutting mat (Home Bargains) cut to size and put through my Xyron Creative Station using a repositioning cartridge. Tape down the sides where the wheels go. Also used the Xyron to restick the original mat too. Lasts for so much longer than when it was new. I have also read on-line to laminate card and put through the Xyron to make it sticky.

JAMMY
17-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I've got a wishblade and have been using the 'waste' from breast screening courtesy of a lady on UKS. I then use repositionable spray adhesive. This has worked for me for years (3). I like the idea of trying laminated sheets too.