PDA

View Full Version : I haven't really shouted about it ...

Granny Penny
28-04-2011, 10:47 PM
... because it was early days and my photos are really not good. My daughter's partner's eldest daughter (is there a shortened version of that?) has come to the rescue photographing my most recent attempt so I feel brave enought to draw your attention to the fact that I have started a blog; the link is in my signature. Thank you to Looby for being the first to leave a comment and anyone else who sneeked a peek. There are some numbers showing in the stats - all from the forum.

Now all I have to do is work out how to keep bribing my DPED (?), chocolate do you think - help with the homework (probably not) ... I'm sure I will think of something.

jenty
29-04-2011, 07:15 AM
I love seeing such beautiful cards in one place. Tried to comment but will have to study it on when on main computer. Congratulations GP!

jube
29-04-2011, 08:09 AM
They are lovely Jube

Ephemera
29-04-2011, 10:25 AM
:clapping::clapping: What lovely cards you have designed, its very exciting starting a blog and as Looby told me very addictive. I have left a comment and become one of your followers!

X

kitten_with_claws
29-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Great blog GP, lovely to see all your creations together in one place! :up:

dizzyjoan
29-04-2011, 11:22 AM
love your cards and enjoyed reading your blog

Granny Penny
30-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Thank you all for your kind comments. I went out yesterday to watch the wedding (loved the dress) with a friend and came back to find - I'VE GOT FOLLOWERS. You are so very encouraging. I sometimes wish we could spread this part of crafting to the rest of the world - people would attempt more and feel better about learning while they get there.

Can I just ask ... does anyone run two (or more) blogs and would you separate the sewing side and the card crafting.

lilac froggy Jan
19-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Lovely cards and I love the apron and cushions too gp.
Thanks for sharing!

babafang
22-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Wow loads of lovely things! I tried to comment, but I don't have a profile, blogs are new to me so I will investigate!! But love all your stuff! I have a bag to make, from Cath Kidston book Stitch! And I hope I can do it well! Thank you for sharing x

Granny Penny
22-05-2011, 10:17 AM
I don't know what happens if you don't set a blog up (not a lot I would imagine) but having the dashboard that goes with it means you get a heads up on all the blogs you are interested in. I have to thank Looby for alerting me to this as I can now immediately see the updates on other people's blogs; also you can then leave comments. Thank you for trying to leave one on mine Babafang, I am so glad you like what you see!

Granny Penny
31-05-2011, 04:06 PM
I do have other stamps - honest. I have just uploaded this to my blog and wanted to share my exercise in simplicity with you. I love the kraft card but hadn't got round to using it. I hope you can see the texture. Just a simple card!

dizzyjoan
31-05-2011, 04:29 PM
the little girl stamp is beautiful

Granny Penny
31-05-2011, 04:33 PM
I know Joan, I love it, but I must use something else on the next card I do otherwise I will definitely appear obsessed!

kitten_with_claws
31-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Lovely card GP, gentle & pretty & I love the kraft paper you've used there, which emphasises the 'simple & natural' feel of it! :flower:

Rentochops
31-05-2011, 11:37 PM
adoring your blog GP, so good I think I'm following you twice :)

Granny Penny
01-06-2011, 07:32 AM
I'm very grateful to have any followers ROC; it makes blogging feel less strange, so twice is good :grin:

Impossible Princess
01-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Another fan of your blog GP! :nod: What an incredibly talented lady you are. I think it's nice to have your papercrafts and stitched items in one place, so we can see the lovely variety of the things you make. Love the different ways in which you've used the stamp of the little girl, shows what completely different finishes you achieve using the same stamp. Your hearts cushion is lovely and I might have to steal the Cath Kidston bag!! :grin: xx

Granny Penny
01-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Thank you so much IP. I'm glad you are enjoying my crafty journey/research. My thoughts are drifting towards making kits for things like the hearts cushion and bags; do you think people would be interested?

Granny Penny
22-07-2011, 11:49 AM
I have just updated my blog with a card I have made for my daughter's partner's youngest daughter who is 13 this week. I found it difficult to decide which direction to go in with this; she is taking her friends to Crepes and Creams in town which gave me the idea. Do let me know what you think - she is a lovely girl and will be very polite whatever she thinks!

SooG
22-07-2011, 11:54 AM
Very pretty! I think she'll love it - cupcakes are always a hit (in cards or in cake!)

sam
22-07-2011, 12:23 PM
Oooo, I don't know what Crepes and Creams is but it sounds like I want to go (I'm a bit, ahem, older than thirteen though).
The card is lovely.

Granny Penny
22-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Oooo, I don't know what Crepes and Creams is but it sounds like I want to go (I'm a bit, ahem, older than thirteen though).
The card is lovely.

It may only be in Harrogate Sam - I don't know, but it's a really scrumptious coffee shop plus.

Granny Penny
22-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Very pretty! I think she'll love it - cupcakes are always a hit (in cards or in cake!)

My daughter's just popped in and apparently our newly 13 year old is taking cup cakes with her as take home presents for her friends and (don't you love them when they are so nice) she is taking one with a thank you card for the lady who runs the cafe. I think the cup cakes on the card may have been one of those "happy accidents" they talk about on C & C :grin:

Wellington
22-07-2011, 02:21 PM
Tis a lovely card :up: I don't have any teenage girls to make for...they're all lads...