PDA

View Full Version : What I did at the weekend.

babafang
05-05-2011, 01:37 PM
The last couple of things I did - thought as a newbie who's been lurking the site, I'd add a couple of things :giggle:

I'm still so new, i don't even know how to add an avatar or signature to this forum yet! x

PS - I MUST finish some work, so do tell me off if I'm back XX (or check if I've at least finished the site I'm working on!)

JAMMY
05-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Very nice, Babafang.

dizzyjoan
05-05-2011, 02:00 PM
stunning babafang

dyzni
05-05-2011, 02:33 PM
:mysmilie_497:

kitten_with_claws
05-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm still so new, i don't even know how to add an avatar or signature to this forum yet! x

I think you have to be a 'VIP Crafter' to have an avvie, siggie etc., you become one by making a small donation (a fiver or something!) towards the upkeep/running of the site by clicking on the 'Donate' button, which is on the thin dark green bar at the top of the page! :nod:

Marilynmcl
05-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Like your style....love the poodle...was the handbag a rubber stamp image? And the twisted card style....very 'ontrend' ......sorry for that!! couldn't resist!! ;)

kitten_with_claws
05-05-2011, 03:01 PM
Doh, I forgot to write the most important thing.....cards are fab! The poodle one is so cute, I love all the various elements to it & the triple one is amazing, a real stunner! :star:

babafang
05-05-2011, 03:06 PM
Hey thank you for the complements!!

Cool 'KwC' - will look into Donations, never think about the upkeep of these sort of sites and I know how much time it takes for me to do a website.....!!!

Oh my the poodle was from a bit of freebie stuff with a magazine (i'm so cheap!) and my first go at the 3D decoupage using gel glue! it's a tricky and sticky! but fun :-) (except when I rubbed a blob off and it coated my finger and wouldn't wash off at first!!) The handbag was a die cut from the set - the wording was stamped on though :-) Twisted Easel - yes, my 3rd attempt, 2nd using the triple sort (and all without a template or 'groove' board....so a few wonky straight lines as the Hougie board lady said on C&C last week!!) I'm basically experimenting with what I've seen demo'ed on'tele!

Kate's Cards
05-05-2011, 03:19 PM
Cool! I like your style and WELCOME.

LynneH
05-05-2011, 03:37 PM
Lovely cards Babafang.

cmazza
05-05-2011, 03:40 PM
I agree, really sweet cards.

Granny Penny
05-05-2011, 03:48 PM
Lovely cards, Babafang and I like the poodle too and what you have done with it. Nothing cheap about using freebees; I have recently challenged myself to go through the file full of backing papers, etc., that I have collected. The only problem is that now they are separated from the magazine I don't always know where to find them if I love using them :thinking:

Susan W
05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Lovely cards Babafang, I found (the hard way) that triple easels look great if you stick the picture on the right way round, mine were all on sideways!!

babafang
05-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Lovely cards Babafang, I found (the hard way) that triple easels look great if you stick the picture on the right way round, mine were all on sideways!!

Hehe - yes, I nearly got caught out on that!!! xx

Ephemera
05-05-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi Babafang (love your name by the way :grin:)

What fab cards, never seen a triple easel card before, stunning! Welcome to the forum too.

X

Rachel
06-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes, welcome to the forum babafang. Your cards are lovely, I especially like the Beatrix Potter one. They look very expensive and professional.:)

Rainbowwand
06-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Great cards, thanks for sharing them with us

jenty
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM
I love your cards, great colours and a lot of care taken with them. Thanks for posting the pics

babafang
07-05-2011, 07:42 AM
Thank you so much! Yes, I do sit a think about it - I sort of plan in my head, sometimes for about a day! and I carefully selected the images (all from a little BP book that came in a craft mag) I felt especially anxious it was suitable as my OH had asked me to do a card for his dad....! The poodle one isn't quite so special but I was experimenting - I just always like to experiment!

Thank you all for letting me share and for looking and for your kind words :-)

Maxine xx

budgie
07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Hi babafang, welcome to the forum. Your cards are lovely, I especially like the triple easel card.

I am in the middle of a big sort out of my craft stash, and have come across loads of freebies from magazines. Was just thinking the other day that I must challenge myself to use some! Thanks for sharing.