Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thats it had enough !

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of my images seem very pale when they print out unlike the picture on the screen which is very bright do you think it's because of the paper or the printer?

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly a mixture of both. If the paper you are using is absorbing a lot of ink the image will appear flat and dull. Check your printer settings and make sure you are set to best quality- some printers will default to draft. It also depends on how many ink colours your printer mixes to get the final result.

Janet

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I had terrible problems with the Epson R220, including it not accepting compatible ink cartridges. Even with its own cartridges in, which cost nearly as much as the flippin' printer, it would only give me a decent printout on glossy photo paper. Yeah right, like I want to print out everything on glossy photo paper. Can you imagine the cost of printing out letters, my crochet patterns, etc......... in the end I gave up and bought myself an all in one HP. I have had HP's in the past without any problems, so can't for the life of me understand why the flip I bought an Epson. True I have never had much luck with compatibles in the HP's either, but I can at least refill the proper ones on a regular basis, so it isn't as expensive as it might be.

I use the 250 sheets for £4.95 paper from Tesco, and the coated card from Ryman's for my card making. Plus a cheaper version of Tesco paper for ordinary printing. All of them print out exceptionally well, though I do have issues with some CD's, in that the quality is not quite what it ought to be, IMO that is. Perhaps we ought to name these suppliers.

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

I did think some of the images on some CC cd's looked less than clear but when I imported them into MCS they looked much, much clearer and printed beautifully, so if you've got MCS try importing them into that and then printing to see if you get a clearer image.
    "Many will walk in and out of your life,
    But only true friends will leave paw prints in your heart."

Those who believe a dog has no soul have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd.

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO as a designer - I would never produce an image that you had to print on "best" quality and I recommend that you do NOT print any Polkadoodles image on best unless your printer is a bit poor, you really do not need to print at that setting with our products. Best is really for photo's and uses an incredible amount of ink.
    I actually feel so passionate about this topic because I feel many people are short-changed on image quality. As previously said in this post - most clipart is way less than 300dpi.
    Yes, your paper will make a difference, as will your printer and your ink to a degree but if you are given the correct quality to begin with it really will be a minimal issue for you.
    Obviously I can say no more.
    The first thing I would change is the paper you use if you are having an issue.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to plug the card/paper that Nikky sells on her site. For printing off cd images either as backgrounds or toppers it's absolutely first rate.

Post Thanks / Like

And if Looby's refering to the Ultimate Graphic then I'd like to give it a plug too.