Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Which glue?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help Which glue?

Hi everybody, this is my first post so I hope I do it right. Hoping to start scrapbooking with my daughter who is nearly 4. Although we do craft together and make cards, I have not scrapbooked before. I really want to know which u all feel is the best glue, been looking on web and got a bit confused. I want the scrapbooks to last and not smell of glue in years to come. We will be grateful of any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craftymum, welcome to the forum! I'm sure someone will be along soon to help you. I don't scrapbook so I'm not much use I'm afraid.

Susan x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craftymum, welcome to the forum.

If you plan on using real photos, make sure you use glue that is acid and lignum free. If you are just using a print out from your printer, I would be more bothered about making sure it is something suitable for your 4yr old to use. Not much help I know, but I don't actually scrapbook with children so not sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craftymum

I would recomend using a photo glue, either Pinflair or Collall (not much to choose between them). Both are safe for use with photos. they do have a smell but this wears off when they are dry. They take a while to dry but this enable you or your daughter to reposition for quite some time and any surplus glue will easily rub off. A bonus if she is anything like my granddaughter who changes her mind frequently during the course of a project.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as it's acid & lignin free, which most craft glues are (I think?), then you should be OK. Being A&L free just means that the glue won't degrade & cause yellowing to the papers/photos that you stick with it.

Must admit my usual preference to stick photos with is DST, then a good PVA or pinflair gel for embellies.
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thank you for the suggestions.

I was looking at pinflair both the glue gel (not for the photos) and their photo glue, but got put off with the reviews of people saying it smelt after time. Have any of you had this?

Will have to look at collall, this is what i started to compare the pinflair to, then started to get a bit confused so thought I would ask people who knew.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Craftymum, welcome to the forum. I've never had any problem with pinflair smelling and I have got a box of sample cards I did that have been made quite a while. I opened it up to check and there was no smell, although I know some people find they have had a problem. Sorry, that didn't help much, did it?

Post Thanks / Like

I usually use permanent Herma in a dispenser for scrapbooking. It's quick and easy. Although I noticed Mel on C&C the other day was using double sided tape. As long as it is acid and lignin free it will be fine.

http://www.craftisland.co.uk/catalog...=Herma&x=0&y=0
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

RichardP Guest

I prefer Pinflair - both kinds - I never have a "smell" problem. I tried Collall and I didn't like it very much - I went back to Pinflair. I do find all of their products are good.

Not only that, but I use the Pinflair Gel Glue all around the house as it sticks so many things - it even repaired a shoe that the leather strap had come loose from the stitching.

If you have problems picking up little emebellishments and the like, their "sticky tool" is brilliant ........

Post Thanks / Like

I use herma for scrapbooking...I usually use the repositionable so that if I stick it down ont he wonk I can move it. The permanent herma is good as well though and it's easy to use in the dispenser :-)