Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many peeps still really love decoupage?

Post Thanks / Like

Question How many peeps still really love decoupage?

I was thinking today that even though stamping and colouring is so much easier and more fun, I still like nothing more than cutting out some decoupage and making toppers from them. I watch Barbara etc.. but picking up a speed ball brayer just ain't my thing. When I stamp I still decoupage the image!

I prefer non-die cut, unless it's Reddy, but apart from House Mouse, that's really why I buy CD's because the non-die cut stuff to buy is quite naff.

I started with decoupage and I think it will always be my fave craft, anyone else still in the decoupage closet?

Post Thanks / Like

Me! I make a lot of stuff with craft artist now, so the matting and layering is actually fake, but then I decoupage the image... so easy in CAP as you cut and paste onto an inserted page.

Closet? No! I'm a Decoupager and I'm proud!:muscle::giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Most of my cards are decoupaged, only I have to cheat as I am useless at cutting out. Hangs head in shame......

My Robo does a brilliant job with print & cut. :D

Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind some decoupaged, but unfortunately at work cannot sell anything decoupage, as none of them like it

Post Thanks / Like

I have really got into it lately. I used to avoid it like the plague.... but now I love to decoupage. I still love stamping, colouring and drawing but isn't it funny how our crafty-tastes change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by keiko1 View Post
    I don't mind some decoupaged, but unfortunately at work cannot sell anything decoupage, as none of them like it
    You know Keiko, it was quite popular, but horror of horror I am not no allowed to sell my cards as we got taken over by an American bank and they stopped the bulletin board and selling anything - as our contracts changed and there is some nonsense about not putting pressure on people to sell stuff in the workplace - so that's the end of that business!

You are right Sandra, we do change..it's kind've cool to be a stamper...but I've never been cool lol, but I do stamp thesedays and had several mishaps in the early days stopped stamping, I guess Pro markers have made life much easier.

Dax no shame in die cuts, I just wish there was more choice again.

Post Thanks / Like

I've never really liked traditional decoupage designs, but I do decoupage my stamped images to give them more depth.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a traditional decoupage person. I like to take a patterned background paper and cut pieces out of that to 3d in corners.

Post Thanks / Like

Not me, I'm afraid, ROC, I never even got into the closet! I have tried decoupage but haven't taken to it. I do, however, admire those who make such lovely images.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so naff at cutting out I don't do decoupage cards ... BUT ... I decoupage furniture lol! I do the whole decopatch thing but use paper napkins. My last thing was to decoupage my coffee table because it was looking really worn & I was bored with it. I painted it with white gloss and covered it with butterflies & flowers. Was really pleased with the result until I ruined it with varnish that turned yellow :( ... in the process now of sanding the whole thing back and re-doing it.