Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many peeps still really love decoupage?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the patience to sit and cut stuff out!! I want it ready NOW. I would only ever use one layer anyway - I'm with Keiko in that people don't tend to buy deeply decoupaged images because of the postage costs. But I do admire those of you with the patience and skills to cut tricky images out. Cxx
    Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to do a lot of decoupage, and spent my evenings cutting out, so I could have a mega card making session at the weekend. These days I do prefer stamping and colouring, but still do a bit of decoupage. I am more likely to use die-cut decoupage these days though, as my hands can be rather painful if I do too much cutting out. I am currently making Christmas cards from an Hunkydory kit, some of them have some decoupage, but most are just toppers. I have to say that I am actually enjoying doing them, which is good, as I had lost my crafty mojo. I seem to be in the mood for glitter this year, the last couple of years it has been ribbons, but very little ribbon on my cards so far!

craftycat Guest

I still enjoy decoupage, about equally with stamping and ink messy effects.
    I don't buy sheets any more though. Print off from CDs or decoupage my stamped images. That can be interesting as, with a bit of practice, you only need to ink up and stamp the bits needed for the top layers.

As far as selling is concerned (charity mainly as I've said before) the decoupage cards seem to be the most popular ones. Those not addicted to the craft are often very intrigued as to how it is done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you ROC, I adore doing decoupage, and I'm finding that whilst I do stamp lots more than I did I still decoupage it, and I don't like die-cut decoupage at all

I get all set with scissors, cutting knife a large glass for the cuttings, and relax, and then later sit with foam pads and pritt stick (adjustment time ) and assemble them, I have sheets filed with the other sheets all cut, I had some adoreable bird ones from QVC yrs ago and everytime I still thoroughly enjoy it.

Post Thanks / Like

I go off dec for while but always go back to it! enjoy the results but not too many layers usually one or two is more than enough to give a bit of dimension to the card. Years ago I was into pictures and now have a drawer full them and can't quite make myself throw them out.

craftycat Guest

Agree, definitely not too many layers. Postage costs for a start but I think two layers, at most, on the base layer gives a better effect. With the sheets I print off from my CDs I often find that a bit of juggling means you can create two cards from one sheet. Not a huge saving I know but still useful

Post Thanks / Like

I am another that doesn't like a lot of layers. Quite often don't use them all. Not just because of the postage costs, but also I think that some of the smaller layers especially look silly.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

I used to be into decoupage, but was never overly keen on the finished look, then I discovered colouring in and I was a goner........ sit me down with an image, stamped or printed and a set of pens of any description and I am like a pig in poop, happy, happy, happy; I can colour away my stress and worries.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to love decoupage but sadly these days my eye problems mean I don't see well enough to cut accurately and that just really p*sses me off, as I can see well enough to know it's rubbish! I have tried the die-cut sheets thinking they would be the answer, but all too often I am still not happy with the results, as by the time I have trimmed/sanded off the gubbinsy attaching bits, I have often messed up the bits!

So now I am really concentrating on my scrapbooking and stamping and general card making - invested in a couple of machines (Eclips and Vagabond) to go with my beloved Cuttlebug and it is time to play!

Post Thanks / Like

I love doing decoupage depending on the design. Even the designs you pop out I think look better with a fraction more taken off as they leave a bit of white card round them, but to do it properly is very time consuming. Also, now postage has gone up, it costs more to send a decoupaged card.