Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How many peeps still really love decoupage?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm with you ROC, love it. I normally sit in front of the TV doing the cutting and putting together, then add them to cards at the dining room table. I STILL haven't tried stamping though, even though I bought all of the stuff ready to give it a go. If it keeps on raining tomorrow, perhaps I'll get the stamps out........ then again, I've got a new Kanban kit from QVC and lot's of new bits from Wins to play with. Oh man!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't do much decoupage at all, in fact was just thinking the other night f taking my hundreds of sheets to a charity shop for them to sell. Some of the images are pretty naff.

Because i can't be bothered, if I do any decoupage I like die cut :)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tru-ella View Post
    I don't do much decoupage at all, in fact was just thinking the other night f taking my hundreds of sheets to a charity shop for them to sell. Some of the images are pretty naff.

Because i can't be bothered, if I do any decoupage I like die cut :)
    Tru - on Facebook there are loads of bring and buy craft sales and even the naffest of decoupage sheets appears to sell (takes all sort, I expect we're talking Le Suh), PM me of you want more info.

Post Thanks / Like

I make cards that sell in my department at work for charity and the decoupage ones are always the first to go. My eldest daughter loves to sit and cut out the most intricate decoupage and she puts them into card bags ready to make up. Youngest daughter has to have die cut so in our house its knows as Tanya decoupage for the cut it yourself or Naomi decoupage for die cut.

I have recently become a stamping convert thanks to rock a blocks (could never get a full clean image with acrylic blocks and wooden backed stamps) and Promarkers and Sheena's Paint Fusion range. I find colouring in so relaxing but it does make people laugh when I say I have spent the night colouring in - Im sure they have an image of me with a children's colouring book and felt tip pens. I still have a long way to go in the learning curve but Im enjoying the journey.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the 3d effect of decoupage...the card for the one year old I made yesterday was of a giraffe and it was deco'd onto a zoo type background...I usually always try to decoupage my special cards. I prefer to cut out my designs rather than it be precut...I find it calming to sit at night and snip away.....hate the tidying up of the wee snippets of paper though...this is the only down side.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marilynmcl View Post
    .hate the tidying up of the wee snippets of paper though...this is the only down side.
    I have a wee Deans Shortebread tin I use; loved the shortbread and adore what I use the tin for; once full it gets emptied on the fire :D

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Millburn View Post
    I have a wee Deans Shortebread tin I use; loved the shortbread and adore what I use the tin for; once full it gets emptied on the fire :D
    I work over a tray when cutting out, very handy if working in front of the TV. Uncut sheets and cut pieces are kept in separate piles as I work. Easy then to tip the waste bits in the bin

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy decoupage too. I also love stamping, but because this involves digging out stamps, inkpads, promarkers etc. I only really enjoy this if I can find a good couple of hours to spare to get stuck in. Between work, family and other commitments, I can usually only manage one good long session every month or so. With decoupage, I can have a couple of sheets to hand to cut out in when I have a few minutes to spare. Sometimes I think the images are too deep, so I don't always use every layer. I get the feeling from reading the posts on here that a lot of peeps aren't that keen on decoupaged cards - I try to remember who has mentioned this and avoid sending them a decoupage card if possible. The cards I send to family and friends though are often decoupaged and they seem to be delighted with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I find cutting out in front of the telly really therapeutic. Not done any decoupage for ages as tend to stamp and colour but remember the Jolly nation xmas decoupage just love cutting that out as not too fiddly. Might do some more cutting when I get back from my hols.:)

Post Thanks / Like

I used to adore decoup but must admit not done much cuttery for a while, though I still go back to it every so often. I'm not fussed as to whether it's die cut or not, I go by the image I want to use. Part of the reason I haven't jumped on some of the latest Kanban kits its that they seem to be just toppers, rather than dimensional IYSWIM. I like a quick card as much as anyone, but a topper & a matching sentiment on co-ordinating cardstock doesn't always do it for me. I still want there to be a little 'wow you can't get this in a shop' at the back of the recipient's mind when they open the envelope.

But I loves me stamping - just the effects & techniques that can be applied...yummy!
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings