Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: How many peeps still really love decoupage?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eyeful View Post
    Isn't it weird how you get so involved that you don't want to stop crafting, I'm already planning what I'm going to do when I get back, how sad is that :blush:

Me thinks that makes you another Craft-aholoic :D join the club

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alwayscrafting View Post
    I went through the phase with Anton Piek pictures, then cutting out from sheets etc but I didn't really take to all the angled stuff.....pyramage and all the other ages that followed.
    I do still decoupage now & again but from sheets, though cutting out is for me more satisfying than die cuts, which has reminded me of a box of 'ready made' toppers I need to use up

I have a pet hate though, decoupage a mile high attached with foam squares that are so visible it spoils the effect. I do on occasions use foam pads but I curl the piece and hide them, as much as possible, preferring silicone/glue gel. But thats just me!

I'm the same with flat layers. Cringe when the do demos on C&C and make a big thing of look how many layers there are. Prefer two or three, definitely with the paper/card curled and definitely on Pyra or any other strange "age"

Post Thanks / Like

I love decoupage still and when I do Craft Fairs I find House Mouse sells out 1st. I was so tempted by this years designs at Joanna Sheens but I still have loads of last years designs left. Must be a good girl and use them up. I do tend to do less layers though and not so high as they were years ago. I put a few foam squares on the large bits and them glue gel around the outside to get dimension and hide the foam. Works out a bit cheaper as I find the glue gel a bit pricey. Do like a bit of layering when I stamp as well I just think an extra layer on a design gives it more dimension but obviously my own opinion.Off to promarker some penny black designs for christmas (may do two layers:blush:)

Post Thanks / Like

ROC, can I just say..... I LOVE decoupage......so long as nobody wants ME to do it.... I just don't like having to do lots of fiddly cutting out, but I do like the results others with better cutting skills than I have can achive. As a stamper I know fine well that stamping a second and even third time and then using the extra stamped images to cut out and layer can really add a lovely look to a card and I prolly ought to do that more often......but then I think about the fiddly cutting and back off.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to make cards this weekend and decided to take a long hard look at what is in my craft room - and the amount of decoupage, invertage and pyramage well, I hang my head in shame lol. So I set to and got my skates on and over the last three days I have made up and put together nearly 50 cards. Quite a bit of the decoupage was what my eldest daughter calls Naomi decoupage (her younger sister's name - she hates cutting out) - the die cut kind but I did wield my scissors for quite a few. Anyway, one tube of pinflair glue, god knows how many foam pads and a roll of DST later 50 cards are finished, bagged up, priced and ready to go to the hospital to sell for charity. Have to say, an ATG is looking a more attractive proposition after peeling all that backing off the DST lol.

But I did find the cutting out relaxing and there was a sense of achievement when the last of the cards was sealed and boxed up. I think when I have made about another 150 cards I will have made a sizeable dent in the decoupage lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting thread , I love to know what everyone is doing . I like house mouse and Christine Haworth fairies and poppets . I only make them for people I can hand them too. I use stamps for everything I post .

Victoria

Post Thanks / Like

I hate mile high decoupage!!!! It's not the number of layers it's the height! By cutting down on the height of glue gel or only using very thin foam pads I (a) save money on glue gel (b) still get some "dimension" to the card (c) Can often avoid paying for a large stamp payment.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    I hate mile high decoupage!!!! It's not the number of layers it's the height! By cutting down on the height of glue gel or only using very thin foam pads I (a) save money on glue gel (b) still get some "dimension" to the card (c) Can often avoid paying for a large stamp payment.
    I'm with you on that. When I do decoupage (which isn't that often) I use the thinnest foam pads and not more than 3 layers, always curl the decoupage as I don't like to see the pads.

Can't be doing with pyramage, invertage and whatever other ages there are either.

Post Thanks / Like

You can't shape the -ages. You can always see the pads or glue!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Teacherspet Guest

Never been a big fan of decoupage as I'm mainly a stamper. But I have done some cut it yourself as well as die-cut decoupage. I don't like too many layers and have always tended to make two toppers from one sheet, plus using thin foam pads (often coloured so that all the white doesn't stand out) in preference to glue gel as I've had greasy marks ruin some toppers.
    I have never liked any of the 'age' types either be it up, in or twisted.
    I often use decoupage as a corner embellishment when I'm using a large stamped sentiment as the focal point.